034

It's You, Always

Hana halted, Kai dropped his arm to his side, his eyes were still on hers.

“Jongin, I~”

“Before you say anything else, I need you to hear this.”

Hana paused, but she nodded. Kai was smiling as he tucked her hair behind ear.

“I like you. You…And I’m pretty sure that I can say this now.” Jongin said softly, Hana was staring back at him, not knowing what to say.

“It’s always going to be you. Just you. And, I’m not going to say that I don’t want things to change between us, because I know it will.”

“Nini, it~”

“I just hope you wouldn’t avoid me, Hana. Treat me like you always have, I’m still your GM-nim.” Kai said with that same damned smile, Hana chewed on her lower lip before replying.

“Hyemi would yell at me if I ever avoid you, Kim Jongin.”

“Should I ask her not to?” Kai said lightly, Hana smiled and shook her head.

“Wait,” Hana paused, her fingers curled around the sleeve of his coat, Jongin blinked at her.

“Did you resign just so you could do that?” She questioned him, she looked genuinely offended and hurt that it made him chuckle.

“So, you’re just going to focus on that?”

“Well, obviously. It’s not fair, the branch you~”

“Hana?”

“What?” She sighed, Kai smiled and pulled the girl to his chest.

“I meant everything I said.”

Hana didn’t reply, she simply hugged him back and smiled to herself.

 

 

“This is my idea of a perfect afternoon.” Hyemi announced as she poured the champagne.

“Alcohol this early?” Mark asked.

“No. Sera shipped off to Busan and our Hana reigning over. Duh.” She replied, Hana grinned from the couch and asked Mark to pass her some mini sandwiches.

“Right. Maybe your stepsister from hell can learn how to ride the KTX.” Mark said jokingly, Hana shook her head at him before chewing.

“You’re being quiet. Everything alright?” Hyemi asked her, Hana took a small sip of champagne before facing the two.

“So, something happened yesterday,”

“Is it Sera’s mother?” Hyemi demanded, totally ready to fight, Mark chuckled.

“No, something…well..” Hana sighed and sat up, she set her drink down, Mark looked at her with interest.

“Let me guess, does this thing involved someone we know?” Mark hummed, Hyemi grinned.

“Nini.” Hyemi hummed, Hana eyed her warily.

“Why? Did you two fight? Wait, that’s impossible. Kai has the patience of a saint.” Hyemi muttered.

“No, Hyemi. He told me he likes me and I don’t know~”

“I swear to my ancestors, if you ever reject that boy, I will~”

“I didn’t say anything! And, I am your best friend, not him.” Hana winced at her, Hyemi rolled her eyes.

“Why would you reject someone who helps you be a better person, Hana? He’s always wanted the best for you. And please,” Hyemi shushed her before the girl could even rebut her.

“Mark and I can both see how much you like him too, Hana, so what’s the problem?” She asked, Mark blinked at her, impressed.

“I wasn’t really planning to debate on it. I was just going to say it was a little awkward, and I didn’t know how to deal with it. But thanks, Hyemi.” Hana muttered under her breath.

“Well, obviously, you went all scary and territorial when Sera had her eyes on Kai.”

“I did not~”

“Yes, you did, Hana.” Mark shushed her with another sandwich.

 

 

Kai was going through some documents on his laptop, while his mother sat on one of the leather seats, talking about their plans for the weekend.

“Your father and I have decided on Fiji. Are you sure you don’t want to come with us, son?”

“Eomma, I just started working. I’m not entitled to a vacation.” He replied without looking up from the screen.

“Hmm, I don’t think your father would mind.”

“I’d rather stay home.” Kai said while typing a quick email, a big smile started to form on his mother’s lips.

“What about Hana? How is she?” She asked teasingly.

“Eomma, not now.”

“Son, what are you waiting for, she wont be single forever, she’s~”

The doors opened, Kai looked up, his brows rose.

“Oh, your..secretary said I could just go in. I’m sorry, Mrs. Kim.” Hana said quickly, the lady broke into a smile.

“It’s okay, dear. I was just leaving. You look pretty as always.” The elder patted her hand before leaving the room, but not before she could send a glare to his son.

Kai pushed himself off his seat and walked towards her.

“Should I still be surprised that you still love barging in my office unannounced?” He said as he reached her.

“Do not be rude, Kim Jongin!” His mother yelled from behind the door, Kai paused and Hana laughed.

 

 

“I come bearing gifts. Waffles.” She said to him as she set the bag down, Kai nodded back.

“I heard about your new project, your father was very proud. The board loves you.” He said to her, Hana scrunched her nose and looked around. Kai had discarded his pin stripe coat and hung it on the rack. The sleeves of his shirt was rolled up to his elbows and necktie loosened.

“Is something wrong, Hana?”

“No. Should I call before dropping by next time?” She asked him, Kai snorted and shook his head at her.

“That would be weird. I’m used to you just barging in.”

“Was that supposed to~”

“Hana, it’s fine. I like having you here. It relaxes me.” Kai said as he turned his back to her, he was about to go back to his seat but Hana held onto his arm.

“Nini, wait,” She breathed, Kai paused and turned to her.

“So, something is wrong. Did you cause trouble for secretary Lee again?” He said jokingly as he faced her.

“No. But I might for you.” She told him, Kai’s brows rose.

“Are you planning on taking out a loan?” He blinked at her, not really following where she was going. Hana smiled before leaning on her toes so she could press her lips against his.

Kai paused but his hands went to her waist as he started to kiss her back, he felt Hana’s smile against his lips and he chuckled softly.

Hana pulled back to meet his gaze, Kai kissed her nose before smiling.

“That was the trouble?” He asked her, not letting go of her.

“You weren’t expecting it, huh?” Hana asked, a little unsure. Kai laughed and wrapped his arms around her.

 

“Thank you, Hana.” He whispered before kissing the side of her head.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++