003

It's You, Always

 

 

“Sir,”

Kai paused, he was standing by the poolside when he heard his secretary call for him.

“This came from chairman Kang’s office, secretary Lee called and told me that you should read this.”

Kai nodded and took the folder from him, the first thing he saw was the name Kang Hana. Her birthday, educational background and food allergies.

“Banana milk?” Kai read from the file, his brows went up, the male nodded back.

“Apparently, the young miss doesn’t like breakfast. So, there must always be a stock of banana milk in her suite. A delivery is already on its way, sir.”

The young general manager scratched the back of his head but he continued walking as he read the file.

“And, she hates being woken up early. Secretary Lee stated we can try doing that, but we should have first aid ready, because it can get bloody. I wasn’t sure if he was joking though.”

Kai shook his head and handed the file back to him.

“What time will she be arriving here?”

“About an hour, or so, GM.”

“Good, I’ll meet her at the lobby. Tell the staff to prepare.”

 

 

“Whoa, it’s not even an hour yet and he already has an errand for you.” Hana commented as the car pulled to a stop at SK Holdings’ main office.

“I’m really sorry, agasshi. But I’ll be with you at the hotel shortly.”

Hana shrugged at him and gestured for him to go, secretary Lee gave the driver a meaningful glance before sliding down the vehicle.

“Let me guess, SK Gangnam?” She asked as she shook off her sneakers and took out a pair of unicorn bedroom slippers from her Louis Vuitton duffel.

“Yes, young miss.” The driver paused as he saw her new choice of footwear.

“I’m preparing myself to go back to sleep, jetlag’s a , ahjussi.” She explained to him before putting on a beanie and leaning back onto her seat.

“Ah, right, General manager Kim will be showing around as soon as you arrive, young miss. and, your suite has been prepared also.”

“As long as it’s far away from people, that’s good.” She replied as she looked at the window, it has been quite a while ever since she set foot in Seoul.

It felt odd, she felt like a stranger in her own home.

But, she liked it. She liked being unfamiliar with everything.

 

 

“Ah, she’s your age.” The head chef of the hotel said as he along with the other higher ranking employees of the hotel waited at the lobby.

“She’s just a few months younger, so, I don’t think it will be a problem.” Kai said as he fixed his cufflinks.

“Right, but, GM, have you heard the rumors?”

“Rumors?”

“About the young miss and the reason why she chose to leave. Don’t you think it’s weird that her stepsister is the one involved in the business and not her?” One of the female staff spoke, Jongin paused, his brows rose.

“Well, that’s their own problem. At least, miss Kang already came home just as the chairman wished for.” Kai smiled, his eyes went to the doors just as a Maserati sedan pulled over.

“I somehow don’t have a good feeling about this.” The chef murmured as they rushed towards the vehicle.

The valet opened the door for her, and the first thing Kai saw were a pair of lavender unicorns.

 

 

The staff bowed politely as Hana slid down from the car, she almost jumped back in surprise.

“Young miss, welcome back to Seoul.” The head chef greeted her warmly, she sighed as she realized they were all wanting to say hi.

“Agasshi, this is General manager Kim Jongin,” The driver intervened as he gently steered her to face the young male.

“Really? GM, him?” Hana said in a blunt manner, Kai paused, he met the girl’s gaze evenly.

“Are you sure we didn’t break laws hiring him? He looks young, ahjussi. Child labor is~”

The driver mentally sighed.

“Nice to meet you, miss Kang Hana.” Kai spoke, Hana blinked at him and his outstretched hand.

“Well, just Hana.” She said as she shook his hand, Kai gave her one of his polite smiles before gesturing for her to walk.

“No. I don’t want a tour. I just want to sleep.” She spoke, the staff paused and looked at her.

“I can see that.” Jongin nodded, his eyes went to her slippers again. She faced him and stretched one palm towards the male.

“Yes?”

“My room key.”

“Young miss, I have to~”

“I already know your face, you know mine. If I need anything, I’ll call for you.” She said in her that blunt tone again, Kai’s brows rose but he handed her the set of cards.

“I’m assuming my father wants to meet me for dinner?” She asked him, Kai nodded back.

“Good, you can tell him I wont be able to make it.”

“Are you feeling sick, young miss?” Kai asked as he followed her.

“No, I can’t go because it’s just who I am as a person. Good night.” Hana winked before entering the elevator.

“Wow.” The head chef and other managers commented as soon as the doors closed.

“It’s my first time seeing someone walking around in bedroom slippers at our lobby. Unicorns too.” The head of the admin department mused as they all walked back towards their respective offices.

Kai glanced at the elevators again, and he slowly shook his head.

“She looks like a headache.” He murmured to himself as he walked away.

 

 

Hana exhaled as she took off her beanie and tossed her purse on the bed, she made her way around the suite, she checked the kitchen, the three bedrooms and her very own pool.

She smiled to herself as she learned that the fridge was already stocked with the one thing that really mattered.

And no, it wasn’t kimchi.

Or high-grade beef.

It was banana milk.

She walked towards the kitchen counter and saw the notes secretary Lee prepared for her, it was an organizational chart of the hotel. She recognized the man from earlier, GM Kim Jongin.

Oh Jungbok from finance, Chef Soon, Ma Sooryung from admin and more.

Hana puffed her cheeks and shook her head, her phone started to ring and she looked at the screen.

“What does he want now? He’s already holding me here like a prisoner.” She muttered as she picked up her cell and walked towards the patio doors.

“I don’t even like being home.” She muttered as she dropped the device into the pool.

She heard the doorbell ring, Hana padded towards the door, not minding to fix her tank top and shorts get up.

She yanked the door open without thinking and came face to face with the young general manager.

“I thought I already made it clear that I’m not coming to dinner.” She said, Kai sidestepped her and walked into the suite.

“I’m not your secretary, and you don’t have one.”

Her eyes narrowed at the male.

“Kang Hana-ssi, I am here to brief~”

“Hana. Just Hana.” She corrected him, Kai paused and nodded.

“Well, Hana, I have been instructed to teach you the ropes of running this branch. Tomorrow~”

“Tomorrow, I will jump off this building if you force me to work for this company.” She finished, Kai halted and looked at her.

Hana sighed and crossed her arms.

“GM-nim, I have no plans following my father’s instructions.” She said as she walked towards the couch and plopped down, Kai bit his lip.

“Hana, this~”

“Still a no.”

“Okay, then. I guess there’s no way else to do this.” He said as he walked towards the fridge, Hana’s gaze followed him and she froze when she saw him slowly take out the boxes of banana milk from the storage.

“I was instructed to throw these all out if you said no. That also means you will be kicked out of this suite.” Kai said with a friendly smile as he ripped one of the boxes open and pouted the contents down the drain, Hana balked at him.

“Ya!” She jumped off the couch quickly, Kai’s lips quirked up.

Like secretary Lee told him, dealing with the young miss wasn’t easy, but it didn’t mean it was impossible.

“Fine!” She snapped as she reached him, Kai’s brows rose up, amused at her reaction.

“You can brief me or whatever by tomorrow. But not before ten am.” She said as she grabbed the banana milk from him, he chuckled.

“Now, get out.” She pointed towards the door.

“It’s not GM-nim, Hana.” Kai said as he straightened his coat.

“Does it look like Hana cares?” She shot back as she arranged the banana milk in the fridge again.

“You can call me by my name, and yes, I already cancelled that dinner for you because of who you are as a person.” He recited as he reached the doors, Hana turned her head to him.

“No wonder why my father seems to be fond of you.” She grumbled, Kai grinned at her.

 

“No wonder why they needed the SWAT for you.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++