007

It's You, Always

“Hey, Jonginie.”

Jongin looked up just as Hana sat down across him, he was in the middle of finishing his pancakes.

“You’re up early, amazing.” He commented as the girl sipped on her banana milk.

“Well, the person I’m working with is a slave driver so,” She shrugged at him, Kai snorted before picking up his coffee.

“And before you start attacking me with questions, yes, I did read your email. I went through the quarterly reports from last year up to the current one this year.” She recounted as she tapped her fingers on the table.

“And, what can you say about them, young miss?” Kai asked jokingly, Hana rolled her eyes at him.

“I’d like to thank the Hallyu wave for bringing in more tourists every year.” She stated before finishing her drink.

“Don’t you ever get hungry? That’s not exactly very filling.” Kai stood up, he was going to refill his plate.

“I’m used to it.” She said as she followed him, she studied the different dishes. Kai noticed how the girl winced when they reached the pasta bar.

“You don’t like pasta? You’re weird.” Kai commented as he gestured for her to move along.

“Carbonara. Milk-based sauces.” She shuddered as she pointed towards the fruits.

“Am I allowed to get fruit?” She asked him, Kai laughed and took a plate for her.

“What would you like to eat?” He said as they walked together, Hana chewed on her lip as she picked out a few slices of watermelon and pineapples.

“So, what do you think? Do we need to promote this branch this year? Or should we focus more on Incheon and Paju?” Kai set the plate before her, Hana picked up her fork, she chewed on her lower lip before speaking again.

“Paju. The Incheon branch is near the airport; we don’t really need to promote it that much.”

Kai smiled and nodded.

“Good choice, then.”

“Ya, I was just making assumptions, I wasn’t~”

“I’ll tell the main office about it.” Kai said to her.

“But I didn’t even study the other branches’ data, I was~”

“You were correct, Hana. I already decided on Paju. I just wanted to hear your thoughts about it. Eat up.” Kai mussed her hair before going back to his meal.

 

 

Hyemi leaned back against her seat as she read the article on her computer.

“So, her father’s really serious about it.”

She looked at her friend who was lounging on the couch while checking his phone.

“I wonder how Sera feels.”

“She should just get the hell out.” The male stated flatly, Hyemi looked at the male warily.

“This is why you two shouldn’t be left unattended without adult supervision.” Hyemi said dryly, the male smirked.

“I’m just glad she’s back, we should throw a party at your place.” He suggested.

“But, I’m worried.” Hyemi said as she stood up from her chair.

“Why? Does she still want to leave?”

“No, I think that, Hana might deny it so much, but she knows. She understands that she has to stay here.”

The male grew quiet and nodded.

“And that she might really have to take over, what if that Sera acts up again?”

“You think Hana wont fight back? Like before?”

“She has a tendency to run away from things, you know that. And I hate that she does that.”

 

 

Hana puffed her cheeks as she watched the mayor and his entourage enter the elevators. She pushed her hair away from her face before facing Kai.

“See, it wasn’t that bad.” Kai mused as he gestured for the girl to walk towards him.

“It wasn’t that bad? His wife almost erased half of my cheek.” She said, the mayor’s wife had pinched her cheeks the moment she learned that Hana was the chairman’s daughter.

“There’s still some left.” Kai joked as they approached the waiting car. He halted when he noticed the orange monstrosity before them.

“You’re driving us?” Kai paused and stared at her, Hana was smiling brightly.

“Then, do you expect me to have a driver? It’s two-seater, Jonginie.” She said dryly as she opened the door for Kai.

“Where are we eating?” Kai asked, then he noticed a black Audi pull over behind then. Hana followed his gaze, and she halted.

“It’s Sera noona.” He spoke, just as Sera slid down from the front seat, Hana’s grip on her car key tightened as she saw the driver of the car slid down.

“Y—Ya, let’s go.” She tugged on Kai’s sleeve, he looked at her.

“Are you not even going to say hi? It’s your sister.”

Sera and the male were looking at them, the girl started to smile as they slowly approached the two.

“Hana, finally.” Sera beamed as she reached them, Kai turned towards the girl.

“I said let’s go.” Hana stated as she walked around the car and yanked the door open, Kai grew confused and he turned towards the couple again.

“Hana and I are meeting the chairman for lunch, noona.”

“You finally got yourself a Stingray,” The male beside Sera spoke, he was looking at her with a smile on his face.

Hana didn’t react, she wordlessly slid inside the car, Kai was about to speak again but the girl started to rev the engine loudly.

“I’ll see you two around then.” Kai said apologetically before getting inside the Corvette.

 

 

Kai glanced at the girl as she stepped on the pedal, they had been in the car for for some time and the girl hasn’t spoken yet.

She exhaled as she leaned back on the seat, she had one hand on the wheel while the other was on her lap, curled into a tight fist.

Kai grew worried and chewed on his lower lip, then Hana glanced at him.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t want to be late.” She spoke, Kai nodded back.

“I called appa earlier, I told him you’d be joining us, he seems excited.” She commented.

“He’s excited that you haven’t left yet. You haven’t even tried to escape.” He said lightly, Hana smiled and shook her head.

“I don’t want to start another round with you, we’re already here.” She said as the car started to slow down, Kai looked out of the window. Hana was already parking the car, and then she pulled to a full stop.

“We’re here, GM-nim.” She grinned at him before sliding down from the car, Kai followed her down and they walked towards the restaurant.

“Be careful of the stairs, they’re still wet from the rain.” Kai said as his hand hovered over the small of her back as they went up.

“I was thinking, I~” Hana almost missed a step, Kai firmly held onto her elbow to steady her.

“You were thinking of tripping?” Kai chuckled, Hana shook her head and held onto the sleeve of his coat instead.

“It’s the weekend tomorrow, are you really going on that bus tour?” Kai playfully asked as they reached the entrance.

“It sounds fun, wanna come with?” She asked as Kai pushed the door for her.

“I might, if~”

“Hana, Kai,” Chairman Kang’s voice echoed from the table, it even made the other waiters halt and glance at him.

“Appa, nice to finally see you. I almost thought you forgot about the daughter you stashed in one of your hotels.” Hana commented before going into her father’s arms. Chairman Kang chuckled and patted her back.

“I almost wanted to when I saw the price tag of the bag you wanted.” He pointed out, Kai chuckled.

“Oh, you heard about it.” Hana turned to him.

“I did. From secretary Lee.” He replied as he pulled the chair for her.

“Like I said, daughters are too much work. Look how much I spent just to have her here,” Chairman Kang said as they sat down.

“Fathers are a lot of work too; they force you into the labor world. It’s upsetting, GM-nim.”

“I hope my daughter didn’t burn down the hotel yet.” Her father replied as he picked up the menu.

“I didn’t know he could read minds now.” Hana mused back.

“I better let her accounts remain frozen then.” The elder murmured back as he browed the menu, Kai laughed and looked at the two. In a way, Hana was like her father, they got along really well that he almost forgot that they weren’t friends, but father and daughter.

“This is child abuse, GM-nim. See?” Hana nudged him, chairman Kang chortled.

“You’re not a minor anymore.” Kai pointed out before calling for the water.

“It is, Hana’s a child.” Chairman Kang chuckled, Hana glared at her father.

 

Kai just shook his head as the two squabbled again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++