021

It's You, Always

Jongin was making his way towards the café for breakfast when he noticed Hana standing by the doors.

“What are you doing?” He asked her, the girl turned to him, surprised.

“Why are you standing outside?”

Hana jutted her lip towards the doors, she was actually peeking through the window panes.

“All I see is Siwon hyung.” Kai followed her gaze, she nodded quickly.

“I mean, look at him. He’s a literal god.” She said dreamily, Kai followed her gaze. Siwon was having his coffee while browsing through the day’s paper.

“Am..I supposed to agree with you?” Kai blinked at her, amused. Hana snorted and turned to face him.

“Come on, let’s eat together.” Kai said to her before taking the girl’s hand and pulling her into the hall.

“Did you see the news?” She asked him carefully as they approached the salad bar.

“What am I supposed to see?” He replied as he handed her a plate, Hana chewed on her lower lip. Hana shook her head and started to choose her vegetables.

“I…did something..bad.”

Kai’s head turned to her, curious.

“Did you destroy the suite?” He sighed, Hana chuckled and playfully pushed him away from her.

“No.” She looked offended, Kai chuckled and pulled the girl along with him.

“I’m just joking, what is it?” Kai asked her.

“I took the job.” She replied to him, the GM paused.

“Job? The last time I checked…you were forced to take it.”

“No, the other job.”

Jongin blinked at the girl, confused.

“Hana, what are you~”

“You two, come join me!” Siwon called them over, Hana grinned at him.

“I just became part of the board.”

 

 

Sera fixed her hair as she entered the dining room, she made her way to her seat when she noticed the unreadable expression on her mother’s face.

“Good morning, dear. How was your sleep?” Her stepfather asked, she smiled at him.

“I slept well, appa. Myungsoo and I will be visiting the bridal shop today.”

“That’s good to hear,” He said, Sera could see how he was in an especially good mood as he continued with his smile.

“Honey, why don’t you share with Sera the good news you just shared with me earlier,” Mrs. Kang suggested, Sera asked for her coffee and faced her father.

“What news, appa?”

Mr. Kang smiled to himself as he set his utensils down, Sera felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and she took it out.

“It’s about Hana, actually,”

Sera nodded distractedly as she unlocked the screen, her eyes widened as she saw the email from her secretary.

“Your sister has finally decided to join us,” He said cheerfully.

Director, young miss Kang has been appointed as SK Holdings’ vice president. Effecive immediately.

Sera peeled her eyes away from her phone and looked at her father, her brows furrowed deeply.

“Y—Yes?” She blurted out, her eyes went to her mother, who remained stoic as she ate.

“She called me and told me that she’s finally okay with it. What a relief.” He said with a small sigh before picking up his coffee.

Sera exhaled and faced her mother.

“Now, I finally have you two girls in the company, what a pleasant surprise, right?”

Sera faced the elder and gave him a small nod.

“We should celebrate, call Myungsoo too.”

 

 

Hana smiled as she slid down from the car, Siwon leaned over the driver’s seat.

“Please tell uncle and auntie I had a great time, oppa.”

“I will, and, I just found out,” He said teasingly, Hana chuckled.

“I guess all that pep talk from me worked, huh?” Siwon mused at her, Hana paused, her grip on her purse tightened.

“It might have been your perfect timing, oppa, or, you just kind of said all the right things?” She offered.

“Mark has been badgering you to take that position for years, Han. I’m sure it’s not just because of what I said.”

Hana shrugged at him, Siwon chuckled and blew her a kiss.

“Anyway, I’m happy you finally did it. You deserve everything, princess.” Siwon winked at her, she gagged and closed the door. She smiled as she watched the Maserati speed away from the building.

She scrunched her nose as she looked at her phone, her new secretary had just messaged her, the male had introduced himself and informed her that there was no rush into occupying her office since her father was still having it remodeled and she could still stay in their Gangnam branch if she preferred to.

“What have I done?” She murmured to herself as she reached the lobby.

“Hana?”

She looked up, Jongin was making his way towards her, then she saw a familiar silhouette behind him. She halted, Sera gave her a small smile as they met eyes.

“I wasn’t out for that long, right?” She asked him, Kai shook his head at her.

“I just..got out invited to dinner.” He said to her, she took note of the tone of his voice.

“Really?”

“Appa wants to celebrate since you finally got yourself promoted.” Sera told her cheerfully, Hana wanted to roll over and laugh.

“You mean, I finally decided to promote myself. I usually always get the last call around here.” She replied, Kai chewed on his lower lip.

“You really want to start this?” Sera replied to her and crossed her arms.

“Darling, I’m the only one who can end this.” She shrugged before sidestepping her, but Sera yanked her back. Kai winced and puffed his cheeks.

“You’re pretty gutsy to be doing this, Hana, you don’t even know anything about running a business.” She hissed at her.

“But you sure do know how to snatch boyfriends, not that I’m counting or anything. Nice move, by the way.”

Sera raised her palm, before Kai could react, the younger girl caught her arm.

 

 

“It is true, I thought she was just joking with us.”

“I thought she was just drunk.” Mark mused as he and Hyemi approached the revolving doors.

“Still, I feel relieved that she’s finally do~ What the ?”

Mark halted and followed her gaze, his eyes widened.

“You really want to start this?” Sera was talking to Hana.

“Darling, I’m the only one who can end this.” Hana smirked at the older girl and shrugged at her.

“You’re pretty gutsy to be doing this, Hana, you don’t even know anything about running a business.”

“But you sure do know how to snatch boyfriends, not that I’m counting or anything. Nice move, by the way.”

“Ya, somebody tell Kai to move away.” Mark nudged his friend, Hyemi was about to react when Sera raised her palm to hit the girl.

Mark started to move but to his surprise, Hana caught the girl’s arm.

The other guests and employees in the lobby were all staring at them, Kai’s forehead creased, he wanted to step in but he felt like he shouldn’t. Hana wouldn’t want him to.

“Ya, aren’t you going letting go?”

Hana chuckled and shook her head at him.

“Oh my god, look at her go.” Hyemi was practically jumping in glee.

“Here’s the thing, unnie,” She said pointedly, Sera swallowed.

“How about you stop traipsing around my territory, while I wont get in your way, got it?”

“Territory? Hana, this isn’t your~”

“It’s my hotel, my building, my staff and of course, duh, my territory.”

“Do you know how you sound like right now?”

“Well, all I know is that you’re being rude to your boss.” Hana said as she let go of the girl’s arm, Sera snorted and looked at her.

“Just because you’re VP now that doesn’t mean~”

“Have you told appa that Myungsoo wants to cancel the wedding?” Hana cut her off, Sera halted, her eyes doubled in size.

“Hana,” Kai said softly, warning her. Hana smirked at the girl.

“What are you saying?” Sera stuttered, Hyemi and Mark approached them.

“Surprise.” She winked before turning away from the girl, Kai walked after her and reached for her arm, but she shook him off.

Mark and Hyemi halted and almost tripped on each other.

“Hana, wait.”

“Stop.” She spoke to him, Kai grew confused.

“Stop bringing her to me, you know how much I can’t stand her.”

“Hana, I was just~”

 

“Yeah, sure. I was also just trying to have a good day.” She said under her breath before walking towards the elevator.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++