028

It's You, Always

Hana exhaled as she exited her office, she was on her way to a shareholders’ meeting.

“Vice president,” Her secretary padded behind her.

“What is it?”

“The president will be joining us today. He just got back last night. He wants to speak with you before starting.”

Hana exhaled before glancing at him.

“Tell him that surely it can wait or that we can talk at the conference room.” She quipped before getting in the elevator. Her secretary flinched as the elevator doors closed before him, he turned back towards the direction of his boss’s office while muttering.

“Secretary Lee was right. We might be needing the SWAT team.”

Hana exhaled as she reached the top floor, she greeted the other shareholders politely, she even chatted with some of them for a few moments. She was about to head straight for the conference room when she heard someone call her name.

“Hana?”

She paused as she recognized the male approaching her, she put on a smile and bowed politely.

“President Kim, thanks for coming.” She greeted.

“It’s nothing, I was thinking of sending Kai in my stead, but he seems busy.”

Hana paused, but she nodded back.

“I heard from him that you’re doing well. That’s good.” He reached out to pat her arm.

“Thank you, uncle. He..helped me out a lot.”

“Of course, he speaks so highly of you.”

Hana’s smile faltered a bit and then she excused herself.

 

 

President Kang looked up as he heard the doors open, Hana stepped in the room and made her way towards her seat.

“Hana,”

She stopped and looked at him.

“We need to talk.”

Her forehead creased briefly, but she made her way towards her parent.

“What is it?”

“What happened?” He asked her, Hana paused, she looked at her shoes before meeting her father’s gaze evenly.

“What are you talking about, abeoji? Is this about work?”

“What made you hate your sister so much?”

“Sister? The last time I checked, I’m an only child.” Hana replied, her father sighed and reached for her hand.

“Hana, you have to tell me what happened so I know how to~”

“I tried telling you, but you never listened, appa.” She pointed out.

“Then, why? Why would you do this to her?”

“I get it, you want me to reinstate her position. How many pails of blood did she cry?” Hana asked, she crossed her arms.

“Hana~”

“She already has taken enough from me, appa. And now, if she takes you too, what do you want me to do?”

“Hana, I’m just saying, what you did was a little rash.”

“Your daughter left because she couldn’t stand your new wife and her child, appa. Now, is that easier to understand? And, I will never accept them, even if you take me out of this company, threaten me with disownment, I still would never see them as a family.” She stated, her father was about to react when the doors opened again, signaling that the meeting was going to start.

“This isn’t you, Hana.” Her father said softly.

“You asked for this, appa. You wanted me here.”

 

 

“Ooh, toxic mood Hana?” Hyemi said as she put her phone down, she was with Mark, waiting for their other friend at a café

“What?” Mark asked her.

“Her secretary just called, he told me that Hana was a little difficult to deal with today.”

“Difficult? She’s never difficult.” Mark replied as he set his ice coffee aside.

“She must be in a bad mood. I mean, Sera’s out there spreading rumors about her~”

“Which she shot down completely.” Mark finished for her, Hyemi paused. She was about to speak when she saw two familiar ladies walk in the café.

“Look, the add-ons.” Hyemi said, Mark followed her gaze.

“Do you think she did something at the shareholders’ meeting?” Mark spoke, Hyemi eyed the Sera and her mother briefly before replying.

“Hana? I don’t know, I mean, she already fired her, what more~”

They saw Hana stroll into the café, and then almost immediately Sera went for her.

The older girl started yelling at her face, Mark studied the serene look on his friend’s face and his brows went up.

“Mark, that doesn’t look good.”

“Well, it wont be good for Sera. That I’m sure of.”

“Mark!”

 

 

“How dare you?” Sera spat at her, Hana paused.

“You tend to say that to me a lot. And I still don’t get it.” She blinked at her.

“You wanted to dissolve the funding I asked for, Hana. It’s all gone now. I worked on that for three years!”

“So?”

Mrs. Kang’s lips thinned as she stood behind her daughter.

“Why do you care? You don’t work for me anymore.” She pointed out while raising one brow briefly.

“Do you even have any idea what the hell you’re doing? You don’t even know how to run a ing company, you brat.”

Hana started to laugh and shook her head at the girl.

“What she’s saying is right. You’ve been gone for too long, Hana. You don’t know what you’re doing.” Mrs. Kang chimed in, her tone flat and demanding.

“You’re lucky that you’re your father’s daughter, you’d be nothing without the Kang name. Isn’t that what you’re doing now? Using your name as leverage.” Sera pointed out.

Hana’s jaw twitched, she pursed her lips before speaking.

“Didn’t you use that Kang name too?” She said, her voice rising, people were starting to look at them. Hana saw Mark walking towards them.

“You used my family’s name and opened your legs wide for my boyfriend?”

The two ladies were stunned.

“Hana!” Mrs. Kang yelled at her.

“Oh, did you forget his name? Kim Myungsoo?” She chuckled loudly, enough for everyone in the café to hear. She felt Mark tugging on the strap of her purse, signaling for her to go.

“Isn’t it true? You love my leftovers so much that you decided to marry it.” She winked, Sera raised her palm.

“I dare you. Try letting that hand land of my face.” Hana took one step closer to her, Sera froze.

“Because, I’ll really let you experience how it feels being hurt by a Kang.”

 

 

Kai puffed his cheeks as he checked the list on his hand, they were expecting a lot of VIP guests for tomorrow, there was a huge event held by a company at the hotel. And he wanted things to be arranged before the day ended. He was about to head back to the admin office when he saw secretary Lee standing by the lobby, along with him were a few men, probably bodyguards of the family.

“What brings you here?” Kai asked as he approached the male.

“We’re waiting for the vice president, have you heard from her?” The older male replied qcuikly, Kai could see how tensed he was.

“Is something wrong?” He asked as he glanced at the bodyguards again, secretary Lee was about to reply when an orange Corvette Stingray pulled over by the curb. Hana slid down from the driver’s seat gracefully, she tossed the key fob to the doorman.

The guards started to move as soon as she got in the building, Kai grew concerned for them. Hana didn’t look like she was in a pleasant mood.

“What’s this?” She halted as the guards blocked her from walking.

“Vice president, your father wants to talk to you. At home.” Secretary Lee said quietly, Hana’s eyes went to Kai briefly.

“Move.” She said.

The guards remained still as Hana’s eyes hardened, she looked at secretary Lee.

“Aren’t you going to ask them to move?” She spoke to the male, Kai tensed as he looked at her.

“It’s the president’s orders, young miss. We have to~”

“I said move!” She bellowed, the lobby turned quiet, the staff and guests all froze.

“I’m giving you three seconds to move.”

The guards looked at each other, Kai was about to move towards her but the guards moved.

 

“Bother me again, then I’ll really disappear this time. And you wont be able to find me.” She stated before brushing past the males, she made her way towards the elevator and got inside.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++