033

It's You, Always

Kai stood before his place, he could feel the rest of BOD looking at him expectantly. He looked up before giving them a polite bow.

“Thank you for welcoming here, I’m glad to be able to finally join you.” He said with a warm smile.

“Of course, it’s time you help us out, vice president Kim.”

Kai shook his head at director Song before taking his seat, the rest of the directors followed.

“We’re here to brief you about some major changes for this year, sir. We will be presenting the first quarter’s development for starters. Also, the renovation of our other branches will be discussed as well.”

Kai ed his coat and nodded for the male to continue, his father gave him an approving smile before facing the screen.

Kai leaned back on his seat as the report continued, and then he paused when his phone pinged.

It’s your first day, GM-nim!

Good luck! I enjoyed your parting gift. – Hana

There was a photo attached with her message, he opened it and a smile appeared on his lips. Hana took a selfie with the boxes of banana milk he sent her.

 

 

“We hired a new chef?” Hana studied her plate, a little confused.

“I think the new GM did, have you met her?”

“I have. She’s..old, but nice.” She nodded back, her father laughed.

“She told me you keep on barging in on her office unannounced.”

“I’m just used to Jongin being in there, okay? Sorry.” She muttered as she started to slice through her sirloin steak, her father chuckled.

“It must be a big change for you, not having him around.” He said carefully.

“Don’t start, appa. Don’t.” She shook her head at him, he was about to speak when someone suddenly approached them, Hana turned her head and she rolled her eyes.

“Busan? You want me to work at Busan?” Sera hissed at her, Hana looked at her, unamused.

“You were the one who wanted to work for the company again. Not me,”

“Sera,” Mr. Kang looked at the girl pleadingly.

Hana picked up fork and took a small slice of her steak, she had assigned the older girl to one of their lesser branches in Busan.

“How could you~”

“Give it up, miss Jin. Please, stop embarrassing yourself.” Hana said without glancing at her.

“Abeoji, she~”

“Listen to your superior, Sera. You know our family doesn’t work that way.” Mr. Kang spoke to her, Sera halted, her forehead creasing.

“Please respect the decision of your boss.”

 

 

Hana slid down from her car and looked at the building before her. Her eyes were on KB Financial Group’s logo. She made her way towards the lobby and stepped in and started to wonder how Kai felt about his new surroundings.

Their lobby was so different from the hotel’s, she smiled to herself before getting in the elevator.

The young lady arrived at the floor and started to look around, and then Kai’s secretary spotted her.

“Vice president Kang?”

She paused and looked up, the male was making his way towards her.

“Here to see the vice ch~”

“He’s not busy, right? I forgot to call before driving here.” She said apologetically, the male shook his head.

“I’m sure he wont send you away.” He said with a smile as he led the girl to his boss’s office.

Jongin was in the middle of a phone call when he heard the doors open, his secretary gave him a meaningful look before making way for Hana.

Jongin’s brows rose and flashed a quick smile at her before excusing himself to his caller.

“It’s fine, I can~” Hana started to mouth but the young executive had already put his phone down.

“I’ll go prepare something to drink.” The secretary left quietly, Jongin was smiling at her as he walked towards Hana.

“Well, this is a surprise.” He said before opening his arms to the girl, Hana chuckled and hugged him back.

“I figured out that I should extend my habit of barging in your office up to here.” She said jokingly as Kai let go of her.

“I didn’t know what you felt like eating so, I’m here with an invitation to lunch.” Hana announced before plopping down on one of the couches.

“How’s the hotel? I heard about your father inviting you to move back to the house.”

“You think I would really do that?” She said dryly, Kai laughed and sat down next to her.

“So, how are things? You’ve been talk of the town for quite a few days. Good job, Nini.”

Kai shook his head at her and leaned back on the seat.

“It’s a little…tiring, people seem to expect a lot from me.”

“Well, duh. You’re a firstborn.” Hana , Kai rolled his eyes at her.

“But you’re doing great, I listen to the rumors, you know. They all love you, and it also doesn’t hurt that they could use this,” She gestured towards his face.

“For marketing purposes.” She chuckled, Kai snorted and playfully flicked her knee.

“I’m serious, you’re doing a great job.” Hana said as she leaned back on the seat and placed her knees across his lap.

“And I have to rest my feet, I’ve been visiting the other branches the whole morning while regretting the fact that I chose to wear heels, so,” She sighed, Kai nodded back, letting the girl babble.

“Mark thinks it was a bad idea letting Sera work with us again, but Hyemi said I was a genius for assigning her to a lesser branch.”

“As long as she’s away from you, that’s good.” Kai murmured, his eyes were on her as she spoke.

“Hana, look, there’s something~” Kai halted when he heard the doors open, Hana turned her head and she paused when she saw the Kim elders staring at them.

Hana was about to take her legs off his lap, but Kai stopped her from doing so, his mother started to smile.

“Perfect, how about you join us for lunch, Hana?”

 

 

“Okay, so that was embarrassing and a little improper.” Hana murmured as they walked away from the restaurant. Lunch with Kims was enjoying, although Kai had send glares across the table because his mother would not stop teasing him. And his father was of no help either.

“It’s fine, they like you.”

Hana chuckled and just hooked her arm around his.

“I’m jealous.”

“What?” Kai grew amused.

“You get to work in a banking company, everything’s black and white. You do this, and this is the effect. I mean, it’s a very direct business, you know, dealing with numbers is so easy compared to having to talk to humans.”

“Still can’t stand them?” Kai said jokingly, Hana laughed.

“You’re in the main office now, young miss. What’s bothering you?” Kai nudged her.

“I’m just saying, you should be happy you escaped the Kangs. Hotel business is no walk in the park.” She nodded conspiringly, Kai shook his head at her.

“It’s Hyemi’s birthday this weekend, we should plan something.”

“What does she like?” He asked while pulling her closer to the sidewalk.

“How about a pool party? Or something childish? We can reserve a nearby McDonald’s branch and~”

“Hana,” Kai suddenly stopped walking, Hana looked at him oddly.

“Or..a Burger King?” She blinked at him.

“I’d like to talk.”

“I know! We can rent out one of those pojangmachas and invite her friends, then we can~”

Kai shook his head before cupping both of her cheeks and pressing her lips against hers, Hana halted. Her eyes were wide open as Kai pulled away from her, she could still feel his palms on her face.

 

“I’d like to talk about us. Can we?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++