030

It's You, Always

“I heard about it. And damn, I’m so proud of you!” Mark cheered as he joined the two in the kitchen.

Hyemi chuckled and gave Hana a high-five.

“Myungsoo released his statement today, things have been cleared up.” Hyemi said to her, Kai paused, he was standing by the sink.

Hana nodded.

“I know, I read the article.”

“He should have gone deeper into the details, like how he jumped to Sera the moment you rejected him or how he~”

“Mark Tuan.” Hana sent him a look, Kai laughed. A few hours earlier, Myungsoo had released a statement regarding his engagement.

He admitted that it was cancelled now and that Sera and him decided not to push through with the wedding. And in the process, he also cleared Hana’s name. He admitted that they were once together and that he also said that it was his fault that they separated in bad terms and that it was his fault.

“But Nini’s leaving me here. We really shouldn’t be celebrating.” Hana said as she opened the cake and took it out from the box.

“Really? Why?” Mark looked at him.

“I’m moving a few blocks away, to work for my father. She’s overreacting.” He said with a small smile as he joined them by the counter. Hyemi watched as the male playfully mussed her hair before helping her slice the cake.

“Whoa, our Kim Jongin is back with KB Financial.” Hyemi joked, Kai shook his head.

“It’s something he’s stuck with apparently.” Hana mused back.

“Like you, you’re stuck with hotels. Learn to embrace it.” Mark hummed, Hana slapped his arm. Kai smiled and glanced at her, it was nice to see Hana messing around with her friends.

He liked seeing her smile.

 

 

“So, what is this?” Hyemi asked as she joined Hana at the balcony, the girl had a glass of wine with her.

“What?”

“You and him.” Hyemi glanced back at the glass doors, Kai and Mark were watching a basketball game in the living room.

“What are you~”

“Let’s not play around, Hana. It’s pretty obvious. There’s a spark.” She chuckled, Hana sighed.

“He’s a good friend, Hyemi. A freaking bronzed god, yes. But I don’t think he’d want someone like me.”

“Why not?” Hyemi grinned.

“I have way too much on my plate right now, and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t like complications.” She shrugged before taking another sip.

“Dude, he’s here at your place. Listening as you rant our ears off. He’s actually very patient with you. He’s a gem. And, he’s the one who managed to push you out of your protective shell.”

“Hyemi~”

“Who was the one who told you to fight back? And you actually listened, Hana. It was all him.” Hyemi said to her, Hana leaned back on her chair, Hyemi poked her with her toe.

“He’s into you, Hana. It’s not hard to see that. He doesn’t exactly hide it.”

“Are you playing matchmaker now? Can’t you market off Mark first?” She winced and looked away from her.

“Ignore it all you want, but a man like Kim Jongin is someone I’d hold onto. He fits right into your crazy life.”

 

 

“Yeobo, please think about it.”

Mr. Kang looked up from his plate, secretary Lee had joined them for dinner.

“Talk to Hana, I’m sure she can make adjustments for you.”

“I tried speaking to Hana, she said no, yeobo.”

The table grew silent, secretary Lee looked at the second wife. He could sense how the lady was trying to suppress her anger.

“You’re really going to let this happen? Sera worked so hard just to~”

“Yeobo, trust me, I know. But I can just assign Sera to one of the branches and she can~”

“Now, you want to put her at a branch? She’s been working for the admin ever since.”

Mr. Kang paused, secretary Lee looked away.

“I can’t do anything about this, Hana is the vice president now. She has power over decisions to be made in the company.”

“Then, isn’t Sera your daughter too? Why can’t you give her the same chances like you gave your runaway daughter?”

“Hana is my blood and flesh, yeobo. The company is hers.”

 

 

“Having them over can take a toll on you too.” Hana joked as she joined Kai in the living room, he grinned at her. Mark and Hyemi had just left, and finally the place was quiet again.

“Can I ask what happened at the lobby?”

“Hmmm,” Hana said as she plopped down beside him.

“Appa wanted to talk, he asked his men to bring me to him. I refused.”

“I know. But why threaten him that you were going to disappear? Are you really planning on leaving?”

“It was just something I said to get rid of them. I didn’t have the energy to deal with my father earlier. It was just..too much.” Hana shrugged before inching towards him, she wrapped her arms around his and leaned her cheek on his shoulder.

“You have no idea how exhausting today was, Nini.”

“How bad?”

“I got in a fight with my father. He wanted to reinstate Sera back to her position.”

Kai frowned and patted her knee.

“I got in this huge verbal fight with the add-ons. I used words that were a bit..you know.”

“Hana went all out today, I would have wanted to witness all that.” Kai said softly, Hana shook her head.

“I was a monster today, Nini.”

“You’re not, Hana. You’re just protecting what’s yours. And that’s fine.” Kai glanced at her, she exhaled and nodded.

“You being this biased voice of reason can be a little dangerous, but fine.” She mused while closing her eyes.

Kai smiled and kissed the top of her head before looking at the TV again.

“I refilled your banana milk stash as a peace offering for being mean to you.” He said quietly.

 

“I know, you’re the best, Nini. Literally everything.” She said with a small smile without opening her eyes, Kai chuckled and just pulled the girl to his chest.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++