029

It's You, Always

Hana exhaled and leaned back on the door, she was slumped right outside the bathroom door. Not wanting to move or to think.

“Wow, Kang Hana, how many fights did you finish today?” She muttered as she brushed her tears away.

“You promised never to fight with appa, and yet here you are.” She shook her head and her lips started to quiver.

“What~”

She looked up as she heard the door open, she was about to stand up when she saw Kai standing by the doorway of her room.

Hana tensed up, she looked away from him before fixing her hair.

“What brings you here?” She cleared as she turned towards her desk, Kai hesitated before talking.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” She said, her back turned to him. Kai’s forehead creased before walking towards.

“Hana, about the other day, I’m sorry. I didn’t know what came over me, I just wanted to~”

“No, Jongin. Stop.”

Kai paused, he called her by his name. Not Nini or GM-nim.

“I just don’t have…I don’t think I can talk about that now,” Hana turned to face him, Kai nodded back.

“Are you okay?” He asked her while meeting her gaze.

“Yeah.” She nodded back while chewing on the insides of her cheek, Kai knew she wasn’t.

“Good.” He replied before closing the distance between them and wrapping his arms around her frame.

Hana exhaled and pressed her forehead against his chest, she closed her eyes before sighing.

“You’re okay, Han. You have me.” Kai murmured before kissing the side of her head.

 

 

“She’s not exactly the easiest to get rid of.” Sera said as her mother entered her room.

“I know, I didn’t know she was able to do something like that.” The elder shrug before taking a seat.

“Eomma, what are we going to do? She kicked me out. Everything I worked so hard for, she just~”

“I know that, but don’t forget, technically, she’s a new face. People don’t know her yt. We can use that to our advantage.”

“What are you trying to say, eomma?”

“Her father may trust her, but I doubt he’ll still trust her now. After what she did.”

“Did something happen?” Sera turned to face her, her mother smiled and nodded.

“I heard that they got in a huge fight before the meeting, your father wanted her to reinstate you, but she said no.”

Sera’s brows rose up.

“Her father may tend to give in to her a lot, but one should never reject his requests. Just wait and see,” Mrs. Kang said as she stood up.

“We’ll see the fall of Kang Hana by then.”

 

 

“I’m afraid, should we visit her? What if she’s still in a bad mood?” Hyemi asked as she got in the car.

“Well, if we can’t extinguish this fire, only Kai can. And if Kai can’t, then Sera’s done.” Mark said as he started the engine. The two had just finished buying a cake and some snacks before heading over to Hana’s.

“So, you do acknowledge it. Kai and Hana.” Hyemi mused as she strapped seatbelt on.

“I do. I’ve seen how he handles her, it’s….amazing.” Mark shrugged, Hyemi grew amused, the latter had always been protective of Hana.

“He gets her.” Hyemi said, Mark nodded.

“Now, let’s just wait how the add-ons would react on this.”

“Mark, Hana publicly embarrassed them. I doubt that Sera would even have the guts to step out of the house.” Hyemi chuckled heartily.

“Wouldn’t it be nice if Myungsoo speaks out now? The truth should be released.” Mark stated.

“Right, all those rumors about Hana taking Myungsoo from Sera, bull.” Hyemi rolled her eyes.

“But, if..Hana and Kai really become a thing, do you think her father would be okay with it?” Hyemi asked him.

“Why not?”

“I mean, he’s still working for them, you know. That might cause a complication.” Hyemi pointed out.

“Just like Hana, Kai can be really powerful if he wants to. I guess that’s why they understand each other.”

“Do you think he’ll straighten up Sera for her?” Hyemi joked.

“It’s possible, he’s already showing signs that he’ll take her side no matter what.”

 

 

“You’re thinking about..resigning?” Hana looked up from the file, her eyebrows knitted together in worry.

“Well, my father and I talked about this two years ago. And now..he makes sense.” Kai said from his desk, Hana was seated on the couch, her heels strewn across the floor and her legs curled underneath her.

“Wow, now you’re leaving? Right after I started a war between my family? Nice.” She mumbled, Kai chuckled before abandoning his laptop and walking towards the girl.

“That will take at least a few weeks to be processed, Han.” He said before plopping down beside her, Hana turned to him, her forehead creased.

“I know, you’re needed at your family’s company too. And, I also know that I can bother you anytime I want.” She nodded, he chuckled before pulling the girl towards him. Hana paused but she smiled back.

“Correct, young miss Kang.” He said jokingly.

“But, are you okay with working for your father? I always had an impression that you were running away from his company.” She said carefully.

“I’m okay with it, I mean, I never really had any issues working for my family.” Kai nodded along, Hana glanced at him.

“I’m proud of you, Han. You fixed things.”

“Fixed? You have no idea what happened today.”

“I heard all about it, secretary Lee was so worried. Your father was even terrified of you.” He chuckled heartily before playing with the tips of her dark locks.

“Sera and her mother will definitely try to get back at me. I should prepare myself for that.” She murmured.

“What else can they do? You’re already on the top.” Kai nudged her, Hana shook her head and just leaned against him.

“They’re snakes, Nini. They’ll find a way to attack me again.”

 

“They won’t be able to. You have me.” Kai scrunched his nose at her touching her cheek briefly.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++