027

It's You, Always

Hana puffed her cheeks as she walked in the lobby, she had just gotten of work and she felt drained. She had a lot of catching up to do, she never realized how big SK Holdings has become. She was pondering where to eat when she heard someone call her name.

She froze at the voice.

She knew the owner of that voice.

She slowly turned to face him, and there he was. Standing just a few steps away from her, dressed in a pair of denim jeans and a sweater.

“Why are you here?” She asked, not moving.

“I wanted to talk to you.”

“What? How you just disappeared?” She replied, Myungsoo slowly shook his head at her as he took one step forward.

But Hana started moving away from him.

“Stop this, oppa. You’ve done enough.” She said to him, Myungsoo frowned.

“Hana, please, let’s just talk.” He pleaded, Hana exhaled.

“You know, if you said that a year ago, even weeks ago, I would have said yes. I would have talked to you.” She said to him, Myungsoo swallowed, not knowing what to say.

“But I’m done, oppa. You’re nothing to me now.”

“Hana, don’t~”

“Is something wrong?” Another voice chimed in, Myungsoo glanced to his left. Kai was making his way towards them, there was a look in his eyes that the older male didn’t like.

“I just got back. Can we get dinner outside?” Hana turned to him, Kai nodded back.

“What brings you here, hyung?” He faced Myungsoo again, he was standing between the two. Myungsoo eyed him before speaking.

“We were talking, Kai.”

Kai paused, he glanced at Hana behind him briefly.

“It didn’t look like it.”

“Kai, stay out of this.” Myungsoo said sharply, the younger male gave him a slow shrug before turning to face Hana again. He stretched one hand to her, Hana smiled before placing her hand over his.

“Hana, you don’t~”

“This time I get to leave you, oppa. I get to leave first.” She said to him before letting Kai pull her away.

 

 

“What did he want?” Kai asked as he started the car, Hana glanced at him and shrugged.

“He wanted to talk. I don’t want to.”

“What if..he wanted to reconcile?” Kai asked carefully, he stole a glance at the girl. Hana paused and she started to shake her head.

“I’d rather we not. I don’t know how to face him.”

Kai nodded back in reply, Hana exhaled and leaned back on her seat.

“How did your day go? I called your office earlier, but you were out.” She said to him, Kai paused, his brows rose briefly.

“I…I have something to confess.”

Hana blinked at him, but nodded for him to continue.

“I..had someone look into what really happened between you and Myungsoo and..everything.” He said, unsure. Hana was quiet for a brief moment but her lips quirked up.

“I’ve never been background checked before. It feels weird that you’re telling me this to my face.” She murmured.

“Hana, I’m sorry, I didn’t want to force you to talk, but I~”

“Nini, it’s fine. It’s you.” She shrugged at him, Kai bit his lip before tightening his grip on the wheel.

“What did you find out?” She asked him, her tone playful.

“Sera and her mother they were..what they did was unspeakable, Hana. And with Myungsoo hyung, he~”

“Yeah, he threatened me that he’d leave me if I didn’t marry him. Guess who didn’t take the bait?” She spoke again, Kai paused, he reached over to gingerly take her hand in his.

“Do you regret it?”

“No.” She answered quickly as she played with his fingers.

“I got to see how he really is right after that, Nini. So, I’m good. Actually, I’m relieved we broke up.”

Kai’s lips quirked up briefly, and then he pulled her hand up to his lips and kissed it.

“Then, tonight we should celebrate.” He said before letting go, Hana looked at him questioningly.

“What?”

“You’re finally working, Hana. It’s a miracle.” He joked, Hana playfully socked his arm.

 

 

“I don’t understand. What is she doing?”

Secretary Lee looked at his boss, not knowing how to continue. They were in Japan for a business trip and word has already reached the chairman’s ears regarding what happened at the company earlier.

“She has her sister dragged away from the building?”

“Kicked out, actually. But we can go with that.” Secretary Lee said softly, chairman Kang pinched the bridge his nose.

“What’s going on with her? I..I don’t understand this.”

Secretary Lee’s forehead creased, he was chewing on his lower lip, thinking if he should say it.

“Chairman,”

The elder turned to him, the look on his face made the younger male doubt his decision to speak.

“Have you ever thought about it? Why did young miss leave before?”

The room grew quiet; the SK executive shook his head.

“She said she wanted to be away from everything, she wanted a peaceful life.”

“Do..Do you really think that, chairman?” He spoke again.

“What are you trying to say?” Chairman Kang Jungshik looked at his secretary.

“The young miss was never the type to run away from problems, even when she was still a young girl, but..she ran away from you years ago.”

“She ran away?”

“She never wanted to not help you in the company, she’s always been proactive even before. But she suddenly decided to leave, why do you think that happened?” Secretary Lee finished, the elder exhaled and leaned back on his seat.

“The young miss…she’s never considered the madam and miss Sera as family. That’s why. So, I hope you don’t believe everything you hear.”

 

 

Hana looked at the screen with disinterest, Kai was in the process of finishing his coffee across her. The two were having breakfast together at the lounge, as usual.

“It says here; I may have been the reason why the wedding got cancelled.” She spoke, Kai looked up from his cup.

“But, they’re focusing more on the fact that I had her fired. I mean, it’s kind of my job. Nothing special there.” She pointed out, Kai grew amused.

“Aren’t you going to have those rumors taken down?” He queried as he requested for another plate of waffles. Hana didn’t reply, she swiped another strawberry piece from his plate again before taking a small sip of her banana milk.

“No, why hide it?”

“Hana, it doesn’t exactly put you in a positive light. You and Myungsoo.” He said to her as he pushed his plate of fruits to the girl.

“GM-nim, I’ll let Myungsoo oppa clean this up. He’s the only one who can fix this.”

“What?” Kai was confused.

“I want him to tell the truth. Publicly.”

“Hana, I doubt he’ll do something like that.” He said to her as his plated of fresh waffles arrived.

“You don’t know him like I do, Nini. He will spill, just wait.”

Kai’s brows furrowed, his jaw clenched and unclenched as he looked at his plate.

“Of course, I don’t know him ike you do.” He said before eating, Hana paused, she shook her head..

“I mean, I just..I want to see how he’ll play this, now that he’s back.” She explained, Kai looked at her and nodded.

“Of course, Han.”

“Nini, I don’t~”

“You want Myungsoo to declare the truth himself and in the process embarrass Sera too. I get your plan. I get it.” He said to her, his tone flat.

Hana bit her lip in worry.

“Jongin, I don’t mean to~”

“I just don’t understand why you don’t want to do it yourself. Why let your name be tied with his longer?” He said as he set his utensils down.

“I have to head to work. Enjoy the rest of your day.” Kai said before stepping away from their table, Hana watched as he made his way out of lounge without looking back.

She sighed and leaned back on her chair.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++