026

It's You, Always

Hana was chewing on her lower lip as they cruised around downtown, she glanced at Kai for the second time before opening .

“I did something.” She opened up, Kai glanced at her briefly.

“What?” He asked her, they were on his way to her office. Kai wanted to drop her off.

“I got Sera fired.” She stated flatly, she saw how Kai’s brows rose at the news but he gave her a small nod to continue.

“I had a backup plan, you wont judge me for that, right?” She questioned, a smile formed on his lips before stretched his hand to ruffle her hair.

“Well, you have to protect yourself, Han. I wont judge you.” He said as they reached the building, Hana frowned and stared at the infrastructure.

“I did something bad, Nini. I mean, I’m just like them, playing dirty.” She unstrapped her seatbelt to face him, Kai pulled to a full stop at the curb and looked at her.

“Look, I’d rather have you safe, so it doesn’t matter to me how you do it, Hana. You protected yourself, you protected what’s yours, and that is what’s important.” He said softly, Hana looked at her palms.

“I can already see her mother coming for me.” She murmured, Kai smiled and leaned over to kiss the side of her head.

“I know you can handle it, but,”

“When things get rough, call me.” He finished, Hana picked up her purse and gave him a small nod.

“Lunch with Hyemi and Mark, wanna join us?” She asked before sliding down the car.

 

 

“No, celebrate with your friends, Han. And, don’t kill anyone.” He added jokingly, Hana snorted at him and shut the door. Kai gave her a small wave before speeding away from the building. Hana turned towards the doors, her hand went up to the side of her head briefly, she smiled before approaching the building.

“Vice president!” Her secretary greeted her with a smile as she arrived at the floor.

“I read your email, and I don’t think I can meet CJ and E tomorrow, I need to be in Busan tomorrow noon.” She pointed out as they walked towards her office.

“Yes, I’ll take note of that.” He said as he opened the doors for her, Hana paused when she saw that someone was already seated inside.

“I didn’t know I was receiving guests.” She commented as she walked in, her secretary tensed as he looked at the two.

“How dare you?” Sera spat as the girl set her Birkin on her desk, she looked at the older girl, half-amused.

“Dare, what? Be inside my office?” She retorted.

“You know what you did, Hana. What the hell are you~”

“You really wanna curse me now? After what happened, you liar?” She replied hotly, Sera snorted and rolled her eyes.

“Isn’t it true? You’ve always been bent on destroying~”

“I never took anything from you. And, what’s there to take?” She chuckled dryly, Sera walked up to her.

“Admit it, unnie, you’re the one who’s been doing the taking, definitely not me.” She said mockingly, Sera was shooting daggers at her.

“You will regret this, Hana. In case you forgot, you’re the newcomer here. The outsider.” She spat, Hana leaned back on her desk and crossed her arms.

“I might be the newcomer, but I’m not an outside, in case you forgot, the K in SK Holdings stands for Kang. I’m a Kang, you are the adopted one. You have no hold in this company.” She pointed out.

“Don’t let that get to your head, we both know you will just fail.”

“Fail or not, you’re still fired, get out. You look pathetic.” Hana said, Sera hissed, she was about to raise her arm but two males in dark suits blocked her way.

Hana chuckled and gave the girl a small wave.

“Take note of that, I’m the Kang, you’re the add on my family never needed.”

“Kang Hana, you~”

“Myungsoo oppa was smart enough to leave before you could drag him down with you.” She said jokingly before skipping out of the office.

“Let go of me!” She screamed at the guards, they both remained firm.

“I’m sorry, but we were instructed to you out, young miss.”

“Young miss? I’m~”

“You’re not director Jin anymore.” Hana hummed from the doors before disappearing again.

 

 

“She went to work today.” Hyemi beamed as Hana joined them, Mark gave the girl a high five.

“I heard about what happened today. I’m proud of you, darling.” Mark cooed, she chuckled.

“The staff were tiptoeing around me all day, I was worried they’d trip.” She stated as she picked up the menu

“For what’s it worth, she deserves it. Everything.” Hyemi stated with assurance.

“I know. I decided that,” Hana paused, her forehead creasing for a brief moment.

“What?” Hyemi asked softly, Mark grinned at her.

“I want them to stop, Hyemi.” She said, the two paused.

“H—Han~”

“And if me putting my foot down, turning into Cruella de Vil is what it takes, then I’ll do it. I’ll get rid of them.”

“I’ve never been so proud of you, Hana Banana.” Mark was wiping away invisible tears from his eyes.

“I realized I have to protect my father too, even though he hates me now, I still am SK’s heir. Not Sera. Not her mother.”

“Exactly!” Hyemi cheered before calling for the waiter.

“So, when are you going to admit that this started because you were worried that Sera might get her claws on you Nini?” Mark said conversationally.

Hana’s eyes narrowed at him, Hyemi laughed.

“Come on, Hana Banana, it’s true!”

“Shut up.” She kicked his shin, Mark rolled his eyes.

“See what happens, Sera tries to touch Nini and she’s gone.” Hyemi teased.

“Why are they like this?” Hana murmured before asking for some soda water.

 

 

Kai stepped in KB Financial main’s office, he was welcomed by his father’s secretary.

“I had your office prepared, sir.”

He nodded and smiled at him.

“Did you get anything?” He questioned him as they got in the elevator, the male nodded back.

“Apparently, like you said, vice chairman Kim Myungsoo and vice president Kang were once..childhood sweethearts. They started being together since high school.”

The elevator doors pinged open and they both stepped out, Kai went straight to his office.

“Anything else?” He asked as he sat down.

“Here.” He took out some photos and placed it on the young male’s desk.

“Miss Kang was fifteen when her father remarried, the current Mrs. Kang and her daughter moved in right away. And it was common knowledge from then on that Hana and Sera never got along well.”

“Oh.” Kai said.

“It got worse when it was made known that chairman Kang had already finalized his will, that was during their college years.”

Kai paused, his brows rose up.

“It was around this time that Myungsoo and Hana broke up, because~”

“What really happened? How did Myungsoo end up being with Sera?” Kai asked him, he leaned back on his seat, his forehead creased.

“There’s no other way to explain this, but he simply cheated on her.”

Kai was stunned, Myungsoo chose Sera over Hana?

“Well, Myungsoo wanted to get married right after college, and Hana…she wasn’t having it that time. She..said no.”

“And, chairman Kang had no idea that this was happening. So, Myungsoo went to Sera, they started being..together. Hana knew about this, but she was kind of slowly being kicked out of the family.”

“What?” Kai was confused and annoyed at the same time.

“Mrs. Kang…was very harsh on her, she managed to push Hana out. And the young miss Kang didn’t want to cause trouble so she left.”

Kai started to shake his head, his fists curled on his lap.

“When I first got the report, I didn’t know what to think, I mean, they…hurt her so bad. Especially with Myungsoo and Sera being arranged to get married, that happened while she was still in the country.”

“I understand it now.” Kai said to him.

“What?”

“Hana…her anger is different. She wants to keep it in, be careful about it. But,” Kai trailed off, he checked his phone before speaking again.

“I think she should let it out.”

“The young miss…she’s actually very powerful if she really put her mind to it.” The secretary said, Kai smiled and nodded.

 

“She is. She’s everything.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++