036

It's You, Always

 

Hana watched as his father welcomed Kai in their home, they were to have lunch together in the Kim residence. And she was pleased the Sera and her mother were away for the weekend. Although, she never said that she’d like them to be gone forever.

“It’s been a while, uncle. How have you been doing?” Kai asked comfortably as he walked with the elder.

She sighed as his father began to interview him about them, she stood up from her seat and padded towards them.

“Okay, abeoji, I can actually hear you.”

“Well, since you never tell me anything, I asked him instead.” He said with a roll of his eyes. Kai chuckled before reaching to greet her with a peck on the cheek.

“You already know everything, appa. He’s…He’s..well, Jongin.” She muttered, the two males chuckled.

“I know, I know, I’ll let you two be. I’ll check on our lunch.” The elder waved them off before leaving them.

Kai chuckled before pulling Hana towards him, he kissed the top of her head as he wrapped his arms around her.

“I hope you like steak, this house lives on steak. I’m worried about appa’s health checkup this year.” She murmured as she pulled back to meet his gaze.

“Anything’s fine. As long as it’s not banana milk.” He chuckled, Hana glared at him.

 

 

Hana was inside the study, browsing through her emails, his father had hogged Kai all to himself after lunch and the two were talking business by the poolside.

She glanced over at the window and smiled, Hyemi and Mark had arrived with dessert. Now the three were chatting along, her father had probably left to rest.

She smiled to herself and stood up, then she heard the doors open.

“How are you still working when it’s a Sunday?” Her father asked with a playful smile as he walked in the room.

“I was just checking some emails, appa.” She rolled her eyes at him, the elder grinned back at her.

“You seem happy.” He commented, Hana paused, her brows went up.

“Where is this going?”

“I mean, I am happy that you’re finally back, Hana. I know, I never did say this to you openly.”

Hana paused but she smiled and leaned back against the desk.

“And..you and Kai, I’m glad you two are together, daughter. I really am.”

Hana smiled before speaking.

“I’m happy too, appa. I guess you can call yourself our matchmaker? Since you introduced us to each other.”

Her father smiled proudly, and then he saw the look on his daughter’s face.

“I am? Oh no, I don’t think I am. You two just naturally get along well and~”

“And I heard secretary Lee and you talk about your plan B, father. I know what you had in mind.”

Her father smiled at her sheepishly.

“You were planning on arranging us.” She deadpanned at him.

“Well, it’s good that I didn’t have to push through with that, right?”

“Huh.” Hana shook her head at him, but she smiled and gave her father a hug.

“Thanks, appa. I guess your plan B wasn’t as bad as I thought it was. It just needed some tweaking.” She mused at him.

“Yes, now I have my daughter working with me and Jongin as my future son~”

“Don’t start.”

 

 

“Well, have they stressed you out yet?” Hana asked as she joined the group, Mark bumped fists with her.

“No, we were just talking about you taking over, and having the BOD on their toes.” Hyemi chuckled, Hana grinned at her.

“How was your chat with your father?” Kai asked her as he stretched one arm towards the girl.

“Something about his plan B, I’ll explain later.” She chuckled before sitting on his lap, Kai smiled and gave her hand a small squeeze.

“So, do we have plans for this Halloween?” Mark asked her, Hana tilted her head.

“What do you guys usually do?” Jongin added.

“A party at Mark’s place with some friends, or we usually go out of the country.” Hyemi nodded along.

“The hotel has a trick or treat event this year,” Hana chimed in, Kai was playing with her hair as she spoke.

“We can go with that, something normal for this year.” Mark said as he chewed on a caramel tart.

“Normal? What is your not normal?” Kai grew curious, Hana winced.

“We almost blew up the pool two years ago, Mark got so drunk and we didn’t notice that he got his hands on a flamethrower.” Hyemi chuckled, Mark rolled his eyes at the two women.

“Oh, then hotel trick or treat it is this year.” Jongin laughed, Hana sighed and plucked out a cupcake from the plate.

“See, that’s why you need your GM-nim, he keeps things calm for you.” Hyemi joked, Hana threw her a look.

“Exactly, Hana tends to be too jittery when you’re not around.” Mark nodded, agreeing. Kai started to laugh and just pulled the girl closer to him.

“Wow, Mark, not helping at all.”

 

 

“Your father’s very happy that you decided to stay permanently.” Kai said as they walked out of the house, Hana shrugged at him before taking his offered hand.

“Well, it’s not easy, Nini. But I’m trying.”

“That’s better than nothing, Hana.” He said to her, she smiled and glanced at him.

“You? You were never a fan of the banking world, how is it for you?”

“Hmmm, I’m trying.” He said with an infectious chuckle, Hana shook her head at him.

“Did you have fun today? You were nervous about lunch.” Jongin asked as they reached his car, he opened the door for her.

“I’m happy that you get along with my father. You…get him.”

“I guess that gives me some plus points then, he likes me.” Kai said jokingly, Hana rolled her eyes at him.

“Nini, you never needed plus points. You..just be you and that’s already perfect,”

Kai beamed at her before pulling her by the waist and pressing his lips against hers, Hana smiled before kissing him back, letting her fingers run through his dark locks.

“Maybe we should stop, he might be watching us from the house.” Kai chuckled as he let go of her, Hana glanced at the house again.

“You know, appa may have planned all this.” She said to him as she leaned against the car.

“What?”

“You know, making me live at that particular hotel branch, having you teach me how to run it and asking you to watch over me. Is it not obvious?”

Jongin started to smile at her.

“It..You didn’t notice it?” She blinked at him.

“I did, Hana. I just didn’t say anything; I don’t want you to feel awkward around me.” He replied, Hana scrunched her nose at him.

“I have to thank your father for that the next time I see him.” Kai mused to himself, Hana snorted.

“Can we get ice cream on the way back?” She asked him, Kai nodded back and then he moved closer to her, pinning her against the car’s side.

“What is it?” She asked him, her eyes wide.

“I always knew that it was going to be you, Kang Hana. And I’m thankful that you accepted me.” Kai said before pressing his lips against her forehead.

“I know, Nini. Thanks for being on my side.” Hana touched his jaw briefly, Kai smiled and kissed her again.

 

“I would do all of it again, for you.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

THE END! (07/03/18- 10/30/18)

Thanks so much everyone!! :>