Chapter 3

One More Chance

EeTeuk POV

I'm having my lunch date with my noona girlfriend. But, a sometimes I just can not control a smile that appeared on my face when the moments with little TaeYeon come to my mind. I trying my best to focus on my noona girlfriend in front of me. As always, my noona girlfriend paid for our lunch. It's not that I'm dependent on her. It's just that she feel responsible to spent on me since she is older than me. But, sometimes I do buy presents for her in order to still spent something on her.

After that, we go the the cinema for a movie. To be exact, a love movie. Not really my favourite. So, as expected of me I slept the whole movie. The movie finish on 4.40pm. I have about 20 minutes to run to little TaeYeon. I tell my noona girlfriend that I have something important to do. She seems unwilling to let me go. But, since she is mature enough to understand the situation she just bid me goodbye. 

I run to the fooftop to find TaeYeon already sitting on the bench. She looks like an angel with her white dress and the wind blowing her hair. After a minute, she realized that I'm already there. She give me a cute smile. "Oppa mian. How long did you wait for me?" I asked her while giving her my cute dimple smile. I'm still panting. "Gwenchanna, oppa. Just ten minutes." she answered me still with her smile. 

"Where did you keep you things? I mean your luggage, your bags, your stuff." I asked her. "Yah! I forgot! I left at the entrance counter with the ahjussi guard." she said while hitting her head again. "Is hitting your own head already become your habit? Please don't hurt yourself anymore. Arasso?" I said while grabbing her wrist. She just nodded.

"Kkaja! We'll take your things first. Then, we'll head to your dorm. After that, we'll go somewhere." I said happily and heading to the rooftop's door. She's not even moving. I turn my head to see her undefinable expression. My eyes gazed down from her face to her wrist just to see my hand still grabbing her wrist. I apologise to her while scratching my head. We head together to the enterance counter to get her stuffs.

After a while of searching her dorm, we found it. A girl named Tiffany opened the door. We have a little chatting while waiting for TaeYeon to keep her things in the dorm. I already have plans about the places to bring TaeYeon after this. "Since oppa made you wait for ten minutes before, oppa will treat you what ever you want today." I said. I do feel guilty for making her wait for me. After all, my money is still untouch since my noona girlfriend paid for our date before. "Jjinja, oppa?" she said happily while jumping. 

Firstly, we go to a sweet shop. I see that she so happy taking about five packets of gummy bear. "Do you like gummy bear so much that nothing else in this sweet shop do attract you?" I asked her after we walked out of the sweet shop. Even the answer seems so obvious. "You got me, oppa. I not just like gummy bear. I love gummy bear!" she said brightly while hugging the plastic bag full of gummy bear. I just shook my head.

Next, we go to a toy store. I expect her to go to the teddy bear section. But, to my surprise she paced to the toy car section. Are you serious? She seems so immersed in choosing the most attractive car for her. Finally, she choose a not so expensive cute toy car. Not a typical girl I guess.

After that, we reach her favourite shop I guess. Judging by her reaction when the sight of this shop appeared in front of our eyes. She's jumping happily with a wide grin hanging on her face. An ice cream shop. Again, she's immersed in choosing the flavour of her ice cream. We head to the table near the window. "I think we should enjoy our time while we still not debut. We should come here often because this is your favourite place I think. Since, people still not know who is EeTeuk and who is TaeYeon yet. After one of us debut, if we want to come here we need wear a disguise. That's what our sunbae told me." I said to her while looking at her happy face. "Our sunbae? That have already debut? Are you really close to them, oppa?" she asked me. "Yeah. They are Kangta hyung, WooHyuk hyung, Andy hyung, Eric hyung, BoA noona..." I'm not able to spill some more name when she interupt me. "BoA unnie? Wow! She is my favourite singer ever. She is my inspiration." she said still not believing. 

Last but not least, we go to the playground near her dorm. We sit on the swing feeling the night breeze. "Oppa, you know what? I don't know how people have so many talent. They can dance well, act well, MC-ing well, lead well, pose well, talk well. Because the one and only talent that I have is only my voice. Thanks to my uncle who always love to hear my voice." she said before sigh. "Taengoo-yah. Day by day, we will eventually discover our talents. Just how you already discovered your singing talent. Count me as you fans already. Your voice is really beautiful. Believe me." I said to encourage her. I love to see her beautiful smile. I walked her to her dorm and bid her goodbye. I walked to my dorm with a wide grin on my face. Sometimes, I can't control my high pitch laugh when the visual of the entire moments with little Taengoo comes yo my mind.

EeTeuk Dorm

"Hyung! Where have you been the whole day? What is it with this wide grin? Don't you think that I don't hear your high pitch laugh before you come in. I thought you will miss me today. I don't want to be your friend anymore, hyung!" DongHae said while pouting. I just hug him before he start to cry. Yes! Uri DongHae is such a cry baby. But, it's okay. We'll love him even if he can cry anytime, anywhere. My baby brother.

****

After a few months

TaeYeon POV

I really thought that I can survive this. But, day by day it become harder and tougher. I can't even manage my time even it has been months. I don't really make friends here. I'm not brave enough to befriend with them. The only friend I have here is EeTeuk oppa. 

The teacher seems to be late for class I think. I can't take it anymore. I take my bag and run out of the class. I don't really sure where I'm heading to. After a few minutes, I already at the rooftop. I paced to  on of the bench which is quite hidden there. I cry to my knees. Hoping to ease my heart. 

 

EeTeuk POV

Today my class finished early. I need a plan for the whole day I guess. DongHae already have the plans for today. Dance practice with HyukJae again. Aish. These boys already the best students in dancing class. Even, in the dorm they will dance together every night. I smell something fishy here. Don't tell me they need more time together. Aish, these boys. They love to hit each other. Yet, they also love to hug each other.

Wait! I think DongHae said to me that he's also have a very important plan after the dance practice. And since yesterday, DongHae keep on looking at a pink headband that he just buy. He already told me. But, I forgot about that. Am I that old that I forget easily? What an ahjussi...

I walk to the rooftop to think of a plan for today. Until I heard a sobbing sound. I follow the sound until I found someone familiar crying on the bench. A small figure that make me think of someone. "Taengoo?" I called her unsurely and kneeled in front of her. She look up to me and hug me. I'm shocked but just let her cry on me. After a few minutes, she seems a little bit calmer. She pull out from the hug but still look down to the floor.

I hold her chin up to face me. Tears are all over her face. I hate to see her tears. "Taengoo-yah. You need to share to ease the burden in your heart. I can be a shoulder for you to lean on. Just spill everything in your heart. I'll listen to you." I said to comfort her. She seems hesitate for awhile. 

"Oppa. I can't bear all this. Too much pressure. I can't manage the timing, the competition are too much. I only can sing but they can sing, can dance, talk well. It make me stress. I want to stop now!" she spill out. I can feel her. It's not easy to cope up with the schedule and the tension. 

"Don't you think it's a waste if people which might be your fans one day will not able to listen to your beautiful voice. Yeah! Maybe you don't really appreciate your own voice. But, I tell you. The first time I listen to your voice, I really want everyone to listen to your beautiful voice also." I praised her. I can see her smile starting to form. "It's also hard for me to cope with it four years ago. Want to listen to my suggestion on how to cope with this?" I asked her. She nodded happily. I give her my best angelic dimple smile. 

"I just do my best to improve myself. I know that my level is not the best. There are some people that are way better than me in dancing, in singing like you. But, that's not make me down. I'm here because SM believed that I'm special. And I'm here to improve myself and proof them right. It is still a long way to discover what I'm really good at." I said looking down into her big eyes. 

"And my friends here do help me a lot. Wait! Do you already made friends here?" I asked her. To my surprise, she just shake her head. "I'm just too afraid to befriend with them. I feel nervous just to try talking to them." she shrugged.

"Aigoo~ Uri Taengoo. You need friend to accompany you. To help you in class, to help you in the test, to help you with what you are lacking, to make you smile even when you have problems. Arasso?" I said to encourage her. She smiled and nodded to my words. "Eh? I already have my Teukie oppa." she said teasingly. I just shook my head to her unexpected answer.

"My class is already done for today. What about you? If your class is done, I want to bring you to some places." I said to her. She put such a weird face. "Oppa. Actually, I escaped from class. I really need some space today. I don't want to attend class for today. Can I?" she whispered to me even if it is only us here. So cute of her. "Oppa. Can you help me to think of a trusted excuse to tell the teacher later?" she plead me while tapping her point finger on my shoulder. "Aish, my little Taengoo. It's not good to escape class. I'll help you for now. But, don't make this as your new habit. Arasso?" I said giving in to her. She start to jumping in happiness. Seems like she already forgot all her sadness. I just shook my head looking at her action. 

First of all, I guess that I need to bring her to her most favourite place. Yeah! The ice cream shop. She's so immersed into the ice cream. I'm thinking about something bad now. A grin formed on my face. I dip my finger in my melting ice cream and put some ice cream on her nose while she focus on her ice cream. She shout at me and ready to take revenge. It resulted on some ice cream on my face also. She laugh her ahjumma laugh that automatically make me laugh my high pitch laugh also without even bother to the people in the ice cream shop. 

After we already recover from the laugh , it seems that her strawberry ice cream is much more tastier than my vanilla ice cream. Judging by the way she eats her ice cream. "Taeng. Your ice cream look delicious." I said. I feel quite shy to ask for a taste. But, to my luck she scoop some of her ice cream and move her hand to feed me. And I swear it feels tastier than mine. It is because she fed me? Or strawberry ice cream is really much more tastier than mine? Vanilla is the best flavour before. Nah! I'll just try it later, alone.

Lastly, we take the bus to the nearest theme park. After riding some of the rides there. We are heading to the game section. There are many toys there as presents. A cute looking duck pillow attract me as I'm a duck lover. I need to throw the balls to ensure all the cans fall to get the small cute duck soft pillow. After the third trial, finally I got that duck. After that, we take the bus home. I walked her to her dorm. Before she went inside I give her the duck. She smile happily and silently jumping in order not to let her dormmates hear her. Today is such a great day.