Chapter 9

One More Chance

TaeYeon POV

I'm sitting on the ground at the park near our dorm. I'm waiting for my fallen angel. Last night was a disaster. We had our 5 minutes talk at SNSD dorm when we are back from our performance. But, last night just not my lucky night. I know that they do not mean to hurt me in any way. But, one thing for sure is that I'm not a good leader. I'm too introvert to handle them. 8 girls are way too much for me too handle. I can't even handle myself properly. And they seem to agree with me that I'm not suitable to be a leader. I hate to cry in front of other people. But, my eyes already puffy. Teukie oppa will surely know that I'm crying all night. 

"What's with the puffy eyes?" he asked me already sit beside me. "Anyeong, oppa! I'm not a good leader, right? Not even suit to become one." I said while sighing. I'm giving my bitter smile. "Then, who do you think that suit that position?" he asked me. Honestly, I'm not prepared for that question. "Maybe, the outspoken SooYoung? Or Lee Soo Man's niece Sunny? Or ice princess Sica. They might listen to them." I'm trying to answer him. "Why do you think they will listen to them?" he gave me question again. "SooYoung is outspoken. She can easily point out their mistakes. As for Sunny and Sica, they might scare the members a little bit." I said and shrugged. Teukie oppa chuckled listening to my answer.

"Taengoo-yah. Do you know who is Park Jung Soo? He was a very fragile boy. Too dependent on his noona Park In Young. Always asked his noona to protect him and get revenge for him to those who bully him. Making his noona more manly and more masculine than he himself. This boy can only think of himself. To be safe and being happy to see people get revenge on behalf of himself. Never thought of anyone else. Just himself. Crying everyday. Yes, a crybaby. But, being a leader of 13 boys do taught him a lot. He can't even treat RyeoWook and KyuHyun as maknae at first. He hurt them with his selfishness. They do cry because of this selfish Park Jung Soo. In fact, SM do want to have two more Chinese member with us. There might be new sub-unit. And I might not be involve with them. But, still I know that I need to welcome them and take care of them. Since, they are still apart of Super Junior. My family. It make me need ti handle 15 boys boyband. It's not an easy task for the rest of my life. But this Park Jung Soo try to learn. To know each and everyone of them, learn about their strengths and weakness make me stronger inside." he said while smiling. To see Teukie oppa as a great leader make me forgot that he himself has a story behind that. It's not that he can be a great leader just by magic spell.

"To be a leader for a long life time is not necessary to be outspoken person. Or someone that can scare people. We want to live as a family not to live our life in the group everyday just to be scolded. But, what's is necessary is someone who is strong inside. Knows when to step up and when to step down. The most important thing is respect. They need to respect you as a leader. I am talkative, but not to the extend that everyone listen to me well. Sometimes, HyukJae can't really listen to me when he's being too playful. Well, I do tell him not to think that I'm too old that he can never be open to me. But, sometimes he's too playful that he forgot to respect me. Or, sometimes Chul will not able to listen to me well when he's mad. Yeah, sometimes that he forgot to respect me. Kangin, he sometimes can't listen to me well that he make troubles outside. But, I'll tell you he never lay a finger on us even he seems to be a bully. KyuHyun can be an evil maknae that never listen to me if he had plans going on his mind. But, it's better to have an evil maknae rather that losing him, right? And I can't be mad at them for a long time because most of the times they do try to respect me and apologies in no time. Somehow, they do protect me since actually the fragile Park Jung Soo is still here. They are my bodyguard, hahah..." he continues and ending it with a laugh.

"Gomawo, Teukie oppa. For the advices and for being together with me helping me to be a great leader like you. If not, maybe I quit already. But, oppa will SONE like this kind of leader. Introvert, not really like a leader. Small, dorky, not really act like an idol?" I asked him. "Haters gonna hate, Taeng. But, SONEs gonna love. So, just treat everyone as SONE and show them who you are. They will love you no matter who you are. Just be honest to them. Show them the Kid Leader, the dorky one, the ahjumma one." he said making me laugh my ahjumma laugh. And for sure making he laugh his high pitch laugh.

"You said you want to treat me ice cream when I get better. I want vanilla ice cream. But, I want to taste your strawberry ice cream." he said to me. I just nodded happily. "Today, I borrowed In Young noona's car. Want to ride together?" he offered me. "Kkaja oppa, kkaja" I said excitedly already pulling his arm. 

"Oppa, I can see KyuHyun oppa has interest in my angel maknae. But, can I trust him? He's evil maknae. Will he treat my angel maknae well?" I said while scooping some ice cream and shooving the spoon to his mouth. "Yes, he's evil maknae. But, seems that SeoHyun can handle him with her angelic side. KyuHyun also can tolerate her angel side. In fact, he's in love with her angel side and her naughty side also. So, I think you can trust him." he said giving me some confidence.

"Oppa, Xiah JunSu oppa is cute right? I asked him trying to act normal. "He's cute apart from he is noisy just like Hyukkie." he said. "Why? Do you like him?" he continue. "How do you know if you love someone, oppa?" I ask him. "From my experience, detecting that you like someone is easier than detecting that you love someone. It's because in just a few seconds, you already can claimed that he's the one you dream for. But, just when you are together you will know that you love him. How he fill the space in your heart. How you need him in your life. Something like that. That's my opinion." he said. I just nodded. "But, before it's too late just follow your heart." he continue.

"Want to help me wash In Young noona's car after this?" he asked me while feeding me his vanilla ice cream. Nice. I always thought vanilla ice cream taste bad. Since I don't really have schedules today, why not. I nodded happily.

We are already in front of Suju's dorm. Teukie oppa prepared a pail of soap water. We washed the car happily. He then comes with quite weird look in his eyes. To my surprise, he already shoots the water from the pipe hose that he hides behind his back. I try to run away from him, but he seems too excited. His grin appeared on his cute face. I can't help to smile as I feel so happy. We are playing as we are still little kids. And he brings me to our own little world as always.