Chapter 28

One More Chance

EeTeuk POV

I don't really know how to handle this awkwardness between us. She's here beside me. But, I can't hug her or pat her head or kiss her forehead like we used to be. We can't be in our own little world anymore. I don't really sure if the world even exist anymore. I don't want to put any hope on her anymore. I don't want to involve in one sided love anymore. I'm only her oppa, no more no less. 

I can' help myself to treasure our memories together when rain start to pour outside. The radio also playing Why I Like You that remind me of our memories. That's the only thing I had with her. Memories.


TaeYeon's House (No one POV)

"Aigoo~ I thought you are HeeChul. You are EeTeuk, right? Super Junior leader.  You are more handsome in person." TaeYeon's omma greets EeTeuk. She hugs EeTeuk. "Deh, eommo-nim." EeTeuk said shyly. "The best leader ever is here. Hyung! Err can I call you hyung? Why are you not aging? Still handsome than me who is younger than you." TaeYeon's oppa, JiWoong said already hugging EeTeuk and tracing EeTeuk's face with his finger. "Aish. Oppa! For sure he is more handsome than you. Do you even think that you are handsome, oppa?" TaeYeon said teasingly already rolling her eyes. "Ani. He is handsome. I heard that he is the flowerboy here." EeTeuk said defending JiWoong. "My hyung! I love you." JiWoong said already clinging to EeTeuk's arm. TaeYeon already smacking her oppa's head. Their parents just shaking their head seeing how childish is their fight. "Chul has last minutes important schedules. So, I can't let TaeYeon going home by bus while I'm free for today. I need to see her arrived safely." EeTeuk said politely. "Arasso. Kamsahamnida, EeTeuk-shi for your care toward my daughter." TaeYeon's appa thanks EeTeuk while patting his back. "My pleasure. She is my dongsaeng." EeTeuk replied. 

"Let's eat together EeTeuk-shi." TaeYeon's omma inviting EeTeuk. "Gwenchanna. You don't have to trouble yourself, eommo-nim. I can eat when I drive back." EeTeuk said politely. "Ani, hyung. It will be a great memory for me if we eat together." JiWoong said. "Neh, oppa. You've drove me here for hours. Let me treat you with omma's cook. I don't want you to go back with empty stomach. You've helped me a lot." TaeYeon said. "I think that I can't say no." EeTeuk said already gave in.

"Aigoo~ TaeYeonnie. Eat more. Don't you miss my cooking? Or do you feel shy in front of Teuk?" TaeYeon's omma said teasingly to her daughter. "Hyung. Can you advise this stubborn girl to eat more? She'll never listen to us." JiWoong said teasingly. "TaeYeon, will you eat more? You seem thinner nowadays. Don't make us worry." EeTeuk said while giving his angelic dimple smile that TaeYeon longing for. "Oppa, how can you say that? I put so much effort in losing weight." TaeYeon said already pouting. "Do you really put effort to that?" EeTeuk said looking into her eyes with care. He had a feeling that she is not losing weight due to her diet routine but it is because of the depression she had. "Deh, oppa." TaeYeon said timidly unable to meet EeTeuk's gaze. "Oppa, how is omma's cooking?" TaeYeon asked. "Maa~ I'll might be missing eommo-nim's cooking after this." EeTeuk said praising her. TaeYeon's omma already blushing and smiling proudly. TaeYeon already laughing her ahjumma laugh seeing her mother acted exactly as she imagined. The laugh that he long for. He can't help to smile. "Teuk, you already know the way to come here. You can come if you miss my cooking. TaeYeon, you can come with him. Maybe that's will make her come here often." TaeYeon omma said making TaeYeon stops laughing and blush. EeTeuk just nodded shyly. 

"I need to go now. Thanks for the food and for treating me well." EeTeuk said while bowing. "TaeYeon-shi, come home more often. I can see that you are happier." EeTeuk whispers to TaeYeon's ear. TaeYeon blushing even she feels quite hurt hearing what EeTeuk called her. "You can just come here if you want. And thanks for taking care of my daughter all this time while she is not in front of our eyes." TaeYeon's appa said while hugging EeTeuk. "Hyung! It's just our first meeting but I already love you. No wonder Suju and ELF love you so much." JiWoong said while hugging his already beloved hyung. EeTeuk taking his leave and waving them goodbye.


TaeYeon POV

Why am I smiling right now? Why my heart skips beat when I see his face? Why I can feel the awkwardness disappear when he with my family? I can feel the warm the he used to give me before. I can feel that he slowly brought me to our own little world. But, I am very sure that he is no longer love me. I've scarred him so much that he will never forgive me. I've scarred him badly that he will not be able to even think to love me again. After what I've done, I don't even deserved to be forgiven. 

"TaeYeonnie, my child." my omma called me and grab my shoulder. "I don't really know your true feeling or his feeling toward you. But, as an omma I really want to see you happy. I really hope that someone can bring back my cheerful child Kim TaeYeon. Bring back your smile that you lose. And I thought that I already found that someone today." omma said to me. I don't really know if that I deserved to get him back. Omma pats my back before leaving me. 

"Ya, dongsaeng. Does hyung always have the loving aura everywhere he go? I miss him already." oppa said joining me in living room. "Neh. Oppa loves everyone. His love is so sincere that people can feel his love even in the first meeting. But, there is someone stupid that tossed his love like it is nothing. Pabo!" I said and sighed. "Don't be sad. I just really hope that I can always see your smile that you gave before. I love you, my dongsaeng." oppa said and kiss my head. He leave me and paced to his room.

I'm regretting my stupidity before. Teukie oppa used to shower me with his love, Teukie oppa used to protect me, Teukie oppa used to give me everything that I can't get from any other guys. But, I make him hurt so bad. I'm the one that make him scarred by my words. I'm the one who rejected his confession and proposal that he puts his life on. I'm the one who make him avoid me. I'm the reason behind all this awkwardness. I'm the reason why his love disappear. I'm the reason why he never calls me Taengoo anymore. I'm the reason why I can't even call him Teukie oppa. I'm losing him. I'm ashamed to beg for his love. Everyone want me to be happy. And I'm more than know who will bring me back my happiness. But, what for if he is already forget me and he already feels nothing on me? I can't even see the way of our future if he don't love me anymore. Maybe this is what I have to pay for hurting my fallen angel. I should just accept that he will never love me anymore. I've wasted my chance to be the happiest girl on earth years before. And now there are no more chance for me.


EeTeuk POV

I can't deny that I'm really happy today. Taengoo's family treated me like a family. I can feel my heart skips beat when I see her face. I can feel the awkwardness disappear when I'm with her family. I can feel the calmness she used to show me when we were together before. I can feel that we are slowly driven to our own little world. If the world still exist. But, knowing that our feeling are never reciprocal make me feel helpless. She never had the feeling I feel toward her. Getting involved in one sided love already make me broken once. And it hurt me damn much. I'm devastated. It once make me berserk. I'm not sure if my heart are able to experience that once more. So, I think I really need to move on. There ia nothing more that I can do. Letting myself drown with this one sided love is just like letting myself into my worst nightmare ever. It is just breaking myself again. I hope my feeling will just disappear.