Finding Out

Can I Love You?

 

Eli’s pov;

 

I shove the duplicate key into the glass door and locked it. Feeling satisfied that the café is now safe, I let out a relief sigh. Today is really tiring. Too many customers went to our café today maybe because it’s weekend.

I kept the key into my pocket and smiled alone. Finally, I’ll get to have some rest after the whole day working. I started to walk toward the route, not wanting to waste any more time and get my sleep as soon as possible.

That night was really silent. Only a few people were walking on the streets and majorities of them were – drunk. Ignored that, I’m not in the mood to observe what is happening right now. My bed, I need to get in my bed so bad.

I was walking at a junction when suddenly – I heard some footsteps. Huh?

Footsteps?

I turned around, tilting my head confusedly when I didn’t saw anyone around me. That’s weird. I’m sure I heard some footsteps a few seconds ago.

Oh well, maybe just my imaginations. I shrugged, continued to walk again toward my house. Gosh, seriously. I’ve started to think about how happy I am when I’ve arrived home. With my bed welcoming me, I need to go back home quickly!

Thud. Thud. Thud.

Huh?

Footsteps again?

Is someone following me?

I turned around, looking for someone. But when I did, there’s no one – again. Hey, that’s weird. Am I really imagining things or did I really heard footsteps.

“Who’s there?”I mustered up all my courage. No answer. I frowned in confusion. What the hell is going on here?! “Show yourself!”I started to volume up my voice in case if the person who followed me didn’t hear me.

But would someone who followed us silently will show up when we asked them to?

Heh, silly me.

I gave up when there’s still no response. Maybe, I am imagining things.

Just maybe.

Kevin’s pov;

 

I pushed the big wooden door and entered the house. It was quiet. Seems like Kiseop had fall asleep. But maybe he’s still awake. How could I know just by observing this little space in this big mansion? I shook my head and arranged my sneakers neatly onto the shoe rack before heading toward the living room.

“The second young master is home.”One of the maids shocked me when she came out of nowhere. I smiled after a second at her. “Is Kiseop had fall asleep?”I questioned as the maid bowed.

“He’s upstairs. In the library.”She replied and smiled warmly. I silently nodded.

“Do you want me to make drinks for you?”She questioned.

“No, thanks. I just want to get some sleep right away.”I beamed and slightly shaking my hands no in front of her. She bowed and left to the kitchen probably cleaning the area or doing some stuffs. I heaved a sigh.

Tiredly, I walked upstairs; heading to my room so I can get some sleep. Today is really tiring. I didn’t expect that the café is now famous. When I worked about a month ago, there weren’t much customers but how did it turned out that the café is always full every minutes?

Well, that’s a huge improvement anyway.

The more customers come by, my salary will probably increase.

I was walking toward my room and when I arrived at the door, I saw Kiseop was walking towards me with a smile on his face. “How’s your work today?”He quickly asked as soon as he stopped in front of me.

“Great. Just a little tired since there’re a lot of customers today.”I grinned tiredly. “Really? You must be really tired.”He smiled. “I’ve told you to work with me at the company.”Kiseop then continued, making my face fell.

Oh no! Don’t talk about the company thingy anymore. I don’t want to work there, seriously, Kiseop!

“I’ve told you that I can’t work there. I’m not experienced.”I rejected his offer - again. To tell the truth, this had been the fifth time he asked me to work with him at the company. It’s not that I hate working at the company but it’s because I don’t feel comfortable been there.

With lots of employers asking us to sign some paper works, travelling from place to place in Korea to do some work visiting – those doesn’t suits me.

Kiseop heaved a sigh but then slightly shrugged. “I think no matter how many times I ask you, you’ll still reject anyway.”He smiled and slowly walked towards me. “You’re so stubborn.”He chuckled and unknowingly, his hand reached out to my head; gently messing my hair.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

My heart; it’s beating rapidly.

“I shall go to sleep now. Have a good sweet dreams.”He coed and walked away, leaving me alone in front of my room. I turned around and watched as his back slowly disappeared from my sight.

Why did my heart always beat so fast whenever we have a contact with each other?

Ever since our first kiss, I’ve started to develop some weird feelings whenever I saw Kiseop.

I know this is kind of weird but could it be that – I’ve fall in love?

No one’s pov;

 

The next day, Kevin woke up as usual. He wasn’t working today since the café didn’t operate on Sunday. Kevin walked happily toward the dining area, just to find out that the breakfast is ready while Kiseop was waiting for him.

“Good sleep?”Kiseop asked as he took a sip of his tea. Kevin smiled happily and quickly walked over to his chair, settling his down and started to enjoy his breakfast.

“Hoon had called you?”Kiseop questioned again; caused Kevin to stop eating for a while. “No, he didn’t. Why?”Kevin blinked his eyes innocently. “He said that he’s planning to go shopping to buy some stuffs for AJ’s birthday.”Kiseop explained.

Kevin tilted his head in confusion. “AJ’s birthday? I didn’t know about it.”

“He asked both of us to accompany him but since I can’t due to my work at the office, I think you should go with him.”Kiseop smiled. Kevin nodded happily. “Don’t worry. Just leave it to me.”He grinned.


 

 

“Gosh! I’m tired!”Hoon whined as soon as he laid his on the bench. Kevin sat beside him; quickly slurping the drink that he bought from the vending machine. Hoon started to check the shopping bags beside him; silently smiled as he stared at the gift he bought for AJ.

“He’s going to love this.”Hoon whispered. Kevin gazed at the man beside him and frowned. “You meant AJ?”He questioned, caused Hoon to awkwardly smile at the blonde guy.

“Y-Yeah.”He grinned.

“Are you going to make birthday party for AJ? You really bought a lot.”Kevin questioned once again, now flipping every stuffs that they bought. “It’s not that many. You have to feel very lucky that Kiseop didn’t get to follow us today.”Hoon pouted.

Kevin raised an eyebrow once he heard it. “What do you meant?”

“If he did follow us today, I’m sure we won’t be able to get a rest here.”Hoon stated. “Kiseop won’t stop shopping until he find the best gift for his friends. He wants them to be perfect anyway.”Hoon shrugged. Kevin remained silent as he watched Hoon rested his back body against the upper side of the bench.

“You seems to be friends with Kiseop for a long time. How long have it been since you became friends?”Kevin suddenly questioned; waiting for Hoon to answer. Hoon gazed at him and smiled. “5 years to be exact. We became friends since junior high school.”He response.

“That’s quite long.”Kevin whispered to himself.

“What kind of person Kiseop is?”Kevin asked again; now feeling curious about his brother. Hoon tapped his finger on his chin, his mouth slightly moved left as if he was thinking. “Well,”He started.

“Kiseop is really a good guy. When AJ and I first know him, he didn’t really talked a lot so it’s kinda hard to be friends with him.”Hoon continued. Kevin listened to him curiously.

“It takes quite a long time until he finally accepted us as his friends. What I meant is he finally talked happily with us and shared a lot of things. Kiseop wasn’t like any other rich students in our school who always bullied the weak and poor students.”

“Instead, he always helped them. And he befriends with lots of people. Kiseop always helped us whenever we have problems. That’s what makes us love him even more. He always put on a smile on his face until I even wondered how he can keep smiling through his hard times.”Hoon shrugged when he finished.

Kevin frowned. What does Hoon meant with Kiseop hard times?

“His hard times?”He questioned, now was facing Hoon. “You didn’t know?”Hoon asked back; blinking his eyes innocently. Kevin remained silent. How was he supposed to answer that?

“I thought he had told you.”Hoon sighed. Kevin sat still; waiting for Hoon’s answer.

“Well, though Kiseop leads a good and rich life, he wasn’t been treated like any other child.”Hoon started again; caused Kevin to frown even more. “Kiseop’s mother died when she gave birth to him and since then, he lives with his father or should I say your father too.”

“He kept being abused; his father scolded and beat him whenever he did a small mistake. The man wasn’t always at home and the maids are the one who will take care of him. But though his father kept abusing him, Kiseop still loves his father. I don’t even know why.”Hoon shrugged again.

Kevin’s lips were pressed against each other.

“I want to live with you and I want to experience family’s love.”

“So that’s why he said that before. Is it because he was craving for family’s love?”Kevin thought. Somehow, he felt guilty for his actions toward his brother before.

If only he knew what Kiseop had go through.