Guests

Can I Love You?

 

Kevin's pov;

 

I was sitting on the sofa; eyes glued on the big television screen but my mind wasn't paying any attention on the programme at all. That guy said that his friends are coming over and what annoys me the most is that...they wanted to meet me. I don't know why so don't even ask me. His friends or whoever they are, I'm sure they're just as annoyed as that guy is.

They will look down on me like the others too.

Idiot.

"Kevin!"I heard someone shouted my name. I tilted my head to the right and saw that guy was approaching me. He smiled but I didn't care. That smile won't softened my heart at all. "They'll be here anytime soon. Don't you want to get ready?"He questioned and giggled.

I heaved a sigh and stood up. Deep inside, I was feeling annoyed when this guy keep bossing me to do whatever he want. I walked toward my room and saw a blue shirt with white jeans on the bed. That guy had told me to wear the clothes when his friends were here. I wonder why did he felt so excited about this.

We're just meeting his friends. It's not like the President of Korea wanted to meet me. Heh, weird...

 

Kiseop's pov;

 

I saw Kevin walked toward his room when I asked him to get ready. I smiled alone. Kevin is a good boy. Though it was obvious that he didn’t like me but he sometimes listened to what I said without any objection.

I feel pity for him for not having a father. But I’m determined to change his personality. I know that Kevin is a good guy and there must be something that had turned him that way.

Poor boy.

I walked toward the dining area and saw the foods on the table were ready. I checked the menu; making sure everything is perfect. I can’t wait to meet my friends. It had been two years since we last met and I’ve been missing them so much.

We used to hang out together during the high school and always help each other whenever any of us was in trouble. Thinking about our good memories made me chuckled. My friends had went overseas for their studies and left me alone since I need to take care of the company.

Ahh, I hope today’s meeting would be fun since Kevin is here too. I want Kevin to be friends with them. My friends are really, really friendly.

 

No one’s pov

 

Kevin walked out off his room as soon as he’s ready. He heaved a sigh as he walked through the corridor. Kevin then stopped at the living room. He quirked an eyebrow when he saw two unknown guys were chatting and making jokes with Kiseop at the living room.

“They must be his friends.”Kevin thought and sighed.

“Oh, Kevin!”Kiseop screeched, quickly motioned the blonde guy to come. Kevin rolled his eyes and walked toward them. He then eyed Kiseop’s friends before slightly bowed. “These are my friends, Hoon and AJ.”Kiseop introduced as both of them stood up to shake hands with him.

“Guys, this is Kevin. He’s my younger brother.”Kiseop grinned widely. Kevin annoyedly look away. Hearing that Kiseop said they were brothers really annoys him. “Your brother?”Hoon and AJ asked in unison.

“How come we didn’t know?”AJ abruptly asked. He eyed Kevin weirdly and frowned; caused Kiseop to chuckle. “It’s a long story guys. I will tell you later.”Kiseop smiled and patted AJ’s back.

Kevin rolled his eyes and secretly sighed. Now, Kiseop’s friends would look down on him just like others too.

 


 

 

 

 

The four males were sitting on the dining table; enjoying their dinner together. It was quite awkward since none of them spoke until Hoon decided to break it. “So, where have you been before, Kevin?”Hoon asked and smiled.

Kevin stopped eating for a while and sighed. “Around Seoul.”He shortly replied and his answer caused Hoon to frown. It seems like Kevin wasn’t feeling to answer his question sincerely at all. Weird.

“Do you like football?”AJ took the turn to ask. He excitedly waited for Kevin’s answer but the only response that Kevin gave was a no. “Oh, I see.”AJ dissapointedly nod and continued to eat his meal. Kiseop realized that the scene was awkward and decided to change it.

“I met Kevin at a café a few days ago.”Kiseop started and smiled. “We are brothers but we were separated since the day we were born. Kevin lived with his mother while I live with my father. I know that we were just met but I could feel a huge connection between us.”Kiseop proudly said and giggled.

AJ and Hoon seems to get interested to know more so Kiseop told them everything that he knew about Kevin. Kevin remained silent and started to get annoyed when Kiseop was somehow humiliating him. His grip on the spoon tighten as he gritted his teeth.

Kevin slammed his hand on the table; making the three males to jump backward. He then stood up and was holding his breath; angry. “I’m already full.”Kevin whispered through his clenched teeth. He then walked away; leaving Kiseop with his friends with whatever story he would tell them.

The three males looked at each other and frowned. Did they did something wrong until it caused Kevin to get angry?

Somehow, AJ and Hoon felt guilty…

 

Meanwhile, Kevin was in his room. He hugged his knee as he sat on the bed. Kevin bit his lower lip. His heart was broken and it felt like it was stabbed deeply. His mother’s smile suddenly appeared in his mind. Tears slipped out off his eyes when he thought about his mother.

The smile that he was craving for ever since she left the world.

The only smile that could make him stronger.

Yet, it was gone forever. The only thing that remain was their memories together.

They look down on me too, mom.”Kevin whispered as he buried his face between his knees and his chest.