Vacation

Can I Love You?

 

Dongho unlocked the car and quickly jogged toward the red car a few meters away from him after hearing the sounds. He stopped at the side, opened the door and quickly hopped in while waiting for Eli. Dongho started to hum a song, feeling really happy and excited that Eli asked him to have a vacation for a while. He doesn’t even know why Eli suddenly asked him though but as long as he can be with Eli, there’s no way that he would object.

Dongho slightly shrugged his shoulders as he started the car engine, letting the engine heated before they could start their journey. He then looked through the window to see if Eli’s coming but there’s still no sign of the muscular guy. Dongho shrugged.

He rested his back body against the upper side of the seat. Suddenly, his look was flashed toward a small picture frame placed at the sterring of the car. Dongho frowned. The picture frame wasn’t that big. It’s really small but that’s enough for him to figure out who were in the picture.

There, a couple was smiling in the picture. The guy was holding the girl’s shoulders tightly as they pointed out a cute V sign. Dongho knew, both of them were really happy. But that doesn’t make him feel the same. Of course, he was jealous, especially when the guy in the picture was his big crush, Ellison Kim. And the woman, he doesn’t know her nor had met her before.

Dongho snapped out of his thoughts when knocks were heard on the window. He tilted his head, just to see that Eli was waiting outside. Dongho quickly unlocked the door and let Eli to get in. Once Eli was in the car, he flashed a warm smile at the younger. 

"Ready?"Eli asked, buckled up his seat belt for his safety. Dongho nodded and did the same. He quickly buckled up his seat belt but his eyes just won't leave the picture frame that had caught his attention earlier.

"Who's that girl?"Dongho asked directly while pointing out his index finger toward a young woman who was wearing a pink blouse in the picture. Just by seeing her smiling while Eli was hugging her was enough to make Dongho broken hearted. Eli blinked his eyes innocently. He changed his gaze off Dongho to the picture frame.

His heart somehow softened at the view. A picture that he had been kept for quite a long time. A picture that even he himself was afraid to look at. A picture that carries a precious memory of him and her. How long had he left it there?

"She's my girlfriend. Ex-girlfriend to be exact."

That answer made Dongho's heart to break even more. That's not the answer he wanted. It's okay if Eli was lying as long as he won't tell that he already had someone in his heart. Dongho's lips were pressed against each other tightly. He doesn't know what to say anymore. He doesn't want to be seen as a weak guy. But could he endure the pain that he was experiencing right now?

Eli literally glanced at the younger. Thoughts started to cloud his mind as he captured Dongho's face gesture. He knew Dongho was feeling jealous. That kid has a huge crush on him so why wouldn't he? Eli remained silent and started to press the fuel before he started the journey. He wanted to ignore that weird feeling he's having right now. He just wanted to concentrate on having vacation, resting his insane mind as he try to know more about Dongho.

"Please don't let anything weird happen."

 


 

Both Eli and Dongho entered the chalet. They put down their luggage and started to unpack. Dongho was sitting at the corner, arranging his clothes neatly on the rack while Eli was sitting quite far away from him. Unlike Dongho, Eli seems to bring a lot of stuffs from his home which somehow made Dongho to feel weird. The stuffs that he brought weren't suitable for their vacation.

There're some fluffy toys, which surprised the younger kid, a few couple t-shirts, key-chains, and the most thing that really made Dongho to gasp in shock was, a pair of shiny couple rings. Dongho frowned at the view. Eli seems to not realize it when Dongho was kept watching him from afar with lots of curiousity. He was too focused on keeping the stuffs in a small red box beside him.

"Why are you bringing those stuffs?"Dongho questioned rather innocently.

Eli looked up at the younger. His eyelashes batted as he stared at Dongho. A small smile then formed on his lips, curling up rather smoothly. 

"I'm going to bury this."Eli spoke and started to keep back all the stuffs. Dongho was taken aback with his response. Bury them? What the . Why would he bury all those things? They were too good to be buried!

"I don't want to keep these things anymore."As if was reading Dongho's mind, Eli spoke. Dongho blinked his eyes toward the muscular guy. His head became heavy with lots of thought that had confused him. Eli was somehow acting weird today. Not just today, but other days too. Eli once said that he need to figure out something, something that had made him insane.

But he promised that once he had figured it out, he'll definitely tell Dongho about it.

And that's make Dongho nervous.

"Why?"

Eli stared back at Dongho. His eyes were blank as soon as Dongho questioned him. There was a silent for a while. Dongho was waiting for Eli's answer while Eli, he was holding back those tragic memories that had made him almost lost his life.

"My girlfriend....she died a year ago, in a car accident."Eli spoke. His voice barely escaped from his mouth. Eli bit his lower lip. The memory where he saw his girlfriend died in front of him quickly flashed into his mind. She was calling for his name again and again, asking him to go away before the car exploded. He wanted to save her with all of his strength but sadly, he was too late.

Too late to save his beloved girlfriend.

Too late to bring her back to life.

Dongho's eyes glued on the floor, didn't bear to look at the muscular guy. He was feeling guilty, guilty for being such a selfish and a jealousy. But at the same time, his heart broke. Whether he was feeling sad that Eli need to face the cruel reality or knowing that Eli's heart was been filled with his love toward his dead girlfriend.

Will there be a way for Dongho to replace her?

“Do you need something? I’m going out for a while.”Eli’s voice snapped Dongho out off his thought. Dongho blinked his eyes, staring at the muscular guy for a minute before he gave a weak no. Eli sighed. He was trying his best right now. He doesn’t want to feel sad during his vacation even though the place he was staying right now is the place where he and his girlfriend love to go.

But this is the only way for him to make sure that he’ll try to forget her, forget all of their memories together and continue his new life. Maybe…with a new love in his heart.

 


 

Dear friend,

It had been quite a long time since I’ve doing this, right? Do you miss me? I’m sure you wouldn’t. You have never read my letter though. If you have, I’m sure you would have replied me. I bet you know the reason why I’m writing this confession letter again.

Do you remember about the guy I told you before? The one that claimed me as his brother? Yes, he’s my brother….and unfortunately, my truly love.

I know this is crazy. I shouldn’t fall for a man especially when he’s my own brother. But I can’t help it. I was trying really hard to forget about him. I was trying really hard to prevent my feelings from keep growing. But…the more I tried, the worse it become.

It’s so sad to know he loves someone else but it’s even sadder to know that we are forbidden to love each other. Every time I see him, I resist the urge to hug him. I resist the urge to hold his hand. I resist the urge to confess to him.

I don’t know. I want him to be happy. But even though I’m glad to see him happy, deep inside my heart, it broke. It’s getting harder for me to endure the pain. I want to cry but I can’t. I want to scream but I need to hold it.

And I want to love him but it was forbidden.

If only the person who’s reading this letter turns to be him, I would sincerely say that I’m truly falling in love with him. I would truly say that I’m craving for his love.

And I would happily say that he, Lee Kiseop, is the one that I’m madly in love with.

 

Kevin folds the paper neatly before tying it to a balloon string. The sun was going to set now which made the view to look calm and pretty. Kevin carefully released the balloon in the air, watching as the balloon flew away to nowhere.

He heaved a sigh and rested both of his hands onto the fence. The sky was turning to an orange color. People on the streets started to get back into their houses knowing that the sky soon will turn dark. Kevin resisted the cold that shot his spine. He let out a steamy breath and soon, pulled away from the fence.

He stared at the medium-sized lunch box in his hand. Kiseop wouldn’t be home during the dinner so it’s better if Kevin brought him some meal to regain his energy after working. Kevin heaved a sigh. If he was given a choice, he wouldn’t want to meet Kiseop. Not at this state.

But deep inside his heart, he was yelling to himself to meet his love even though he knew he would just end up hurting himself to think that Kiseop would never love him back. Kevin shook off the thought from his mind. He started to walk, ignoring the weather which was getting colder. Kevin kept his hands into the pockets, continued walking while hoping to arrive at Kiseop’s office real soon.

 

After it seems like eternity walking on the cold ground, Kevin finally arrived at Kiseop’s office. He saw the other workers were busy doing their works until they didn’t realize Kevin was there. Kevin bit his lower lip. He quickly walked toward Kiseop’s secretary who was writing something on a blue file. She looked up when she felt a presence.

Kevin smiled bitterly, showing the secretary a lunch box in his hand. As if they were talking through telepathy, the secretary quickly nodded and allowed Kevin to enter to Kiseop’s office. Kevin smiled once again and bowed, finally leaving the table and headed to his brother’s office.

A few meters away before he could arrive, Kevin stopped. He took a deep breath, exhaled slowly as he tried to relax himself. He just needed to show the cheerful side of him that he usually showed when he was with Kiseop.

Kevin tighten his grip onto the lunch box, trying to make his heart beat at a steady pace. Once he’s sure he was ready, Kevin continued walking. There, in front of him was a glass door with Kiseop’s name hang on it.

Kevin smiled warmly. He stopped in front of the door and took a deep breath once again. Slowly, he brought his hand to the door knob and was about to push the door when a loud voice was heard in the room.

“You can’t let him stay in that house anymore!”

Kevin froze. His eyes frowned at the sound. Whether he’s shock nor scared.

“Mr. Kim, I know what I’m doing.”Kiseop’s voice was heard. His voice seems lower and calmer than the previous one. Kevin bit his lower lip. His heart was beating with anxiety. What is happening inside?

“Kiseop, he’s not related to you! If the court find out about this, he will be sued and jailed!”The previous voice sounded really angry. There was a few thud sounds heard, approaching the door before the angry voice yelled once again.

“Kevin is not your real brother. You have to get rid of him or else you’ll be in trouble!”And that’s when the door shot open, revealing an old man with spectacles in front of the door. Kevin’s eyes widened in disbelief and so do the old man.

Their eyes battled with each other. Kevin’s heart skipped a beat, still couldn’t believe what he just heard. Is it true? Or was he just dreaming?

“Kevin?”Kiseop gasped when he slowly walked toward the door. Kevin gulped in fear, his legs were shaken. His breath was unsteady as he locked eyes with Kiseop. Kiseop bit his lower lip, knowing that Kevin must have heard everything.

And he knew that Kevin must have felt hurt.

“I…I can explain.”Kiseop was cut-off when Kevin threw the lunch box on his hand onto the floor, caused the food to spill and splatteredly lying on the floor. Kiseop’s lips quickly pressed against each other. From Kevin’s eyes, he knew the blonde was mad.

And heartbroken.

“Kevin-“Kevin walked away, not wanting to hear anything right now. It’s already enough for him now. He doesn’t want t be broken hearted anymore. The pain before was already enough to make him crazy. How can he endure this new pain?

Knowing that he actually is not related with Kiseop was making him madder.

And he hated it now. He hated it so much for meeting Kiseop ealier and fall for him.