Living Together

Can I Love You?

Kevin's pov

 

I was taken aback when I heard it. Did I hear it right? Did he just say that we’re brothers? Hell no!

“Since you’re my brother, I’m planning to ask you to live with me.”He exclaimed and giggled. I blinked my eyes confusedly. “Why should I?”I asked in a deep tone. This guy started to annoy me, seriously. He remained silent for a while but then smiled. “Because I have to take care of you.”He chided.

I frowned. Take care of me? I’m a ing 21 years old and I don’t need your guardian!

“Listen, dad had passed away a year ago and his last wish is to bring you back home to live with me. I’m fulfilling his last wish.”He continued and smiled weakly. I stared at him and suddenly my ears burned when the name of my dad hit my ears. Father? I don’t have a father!

“No matter how much you protest, you still have to live with me. It’s an order that our father made in the court. You disobey, and you’ll be sent to the jail.”The guy continued and giggled. I frowned at him. My heart was burning as I clenched my fist.

Well, the fact that my father is dead is really a good news but living together with this unknown guy is not. How can I live with him when I don’t even know who he is. Plus, can I really believe him? He might planning something evil to bring me stay with him and then will left me alone just like what that old man had done to my mother.

Peoples; I can’t believe them.

They are ers.

“Come on, Kevin. You need to live with me.”The guy begged. I chewed my bottom lip and sighed. This guy; whoever his name is, he is annoying and I’m sure I can’t stand living with an annoying man. I stood up, placing both of my hands onto the table and stared at him directly.

 

“I won’t.”I said coldly and turned my body around; leaving him there alone.

 


 

 

No one's pov;

 

Dear friend,

Are you reading this? I’m writing confessions again. Guess I can’ t stop from this bad habit, huh?

Hey, guess what? I met someone at the café today. I don’t remember his name and I won’t try but he claimed that we’re brothers. Strange, right? How the hell did he know that we’re brothers when I don’t even met him before.

And guess what makes me mad the most?

The guy said something about my father. My blood started to boil up when I heard it. Father. Heh, I don’t know anything about my father except that he is just a useless man who left my mom alone at the warehouse. How can I consider him as my father? That’s a shame.

And if it’s true that the unknown guy and me are brothers, I won’t and never would like to stay with him. It will be a torture.

 

Kevin tied the paper on the balloon again and released it to the sky. He rested his hand onto the fence and placed his chin onto his palm. The sun was going to set; making the view to make beautiful. He heaved a sigh and suddenly his mother’s image started to draw in his mind.

His eyes started to get watery; thinking that he had missed his mother so much. Kevin wiped the tears and shook his head. He had promised himself that he won’t cry and he needed to keep that. Kevin heaved a sigh once again.

Today is really, really a long day.

 

Kevin's pov;

 

Here I am, standing in front of a huge mansion that was standing arrogantly in front of me. I gulped at the view. So basically, I needed to obey the command. The lawyer said that I’ll be sent to jail for not following the order. And hell no I don’t want to spend my whole life in that freaking jail. Happy or not, I have to follow the orders.

Ugh, I wonder how powerful the old man is to not even let anyone disobey his orders though he was dead.

Is he that scary?

Nahh, maybe he’s cruel.

I tighten my grip onto my bag and followed that brother into the mansion. We walked in and I was amazed when I saw a big chandelier at the hall. Wow, pretty amazing. "Follow me."That brother's voice startled me. I turned my head at him and sighed. Feeling reluctant, I still followed him.

He brought me through the corridors. There were a few windows and a few doors that'll lead you to somewhere I don't even know. This house is pretty big and by thinking of it, somehow I become mad. That old man left my mother at the warehouse alone in pregnat while he lived here; where he'll get everything.

Useless.

"This is your new room."The guy smiled and giggled. I gave him a look and then went it, just to see that my new room was - big. Wow. "Do you like it?"He questioned and grinned. I looked at him but didn't gave any response.

When I've agreed to live with you, doesn't mean that I have to talk to you.

I walked away; approached the bed and put my coat on it. The guy seems quite dissapointed when I didn't reply him. Heh, I don't care much about how he felt. He just annoys me.

"Dinner will be ready at 8. Make sure you'll be down at that time."He smiled before closing the door; leaving me alone at my room, finally.

I tilted my head towards my bags and sighed. I walked towards them and started to unpack. I took out my stuffs one by one before arranging them neatly at their places. I didn't brought a lot though. What's there to bring? Like I'm rich and has a lot of cool stuffs?

No.

I stopped when I saw a silver ring. An old silver ring. It belongs to my mom. She gave me before she passed away and that was the only thing I kept from her. I smiled weakly at the old ring before slightly took a peck on it.

Mom, I miss you...


I was walking along the corridors alone. One of the maid had called since the dinner time is approaching. Good thing though, I'm getting hungry. I flashed a look through the windows and captured the nature views out off the house. A small smile curled on my lips as I adored the beautiful night. But that smile faded when my eyes were caught on a guy; standing in front of me.

That guy.

"Hey,"He smiled and waved. I secretly sighed and walked towards him but didn't greet him though. I don't know why. I just don't feel to.

"Dinner is ready."He beamed and motioned me to follow him. Quietly, I followed behind him; doesn't want to get lost in this house. We walked and were in silent when that guy suddenly broke it. "What do you think of your new house?"He questioned; turning back his body to face me. I stopped and stared at him.

Seems like he'll wait for my answer no matter what.

"It's ."I replied and walked passed by him. I knew he was feeling a little shock with my answer but who cares. This house is . Don't think that he had asked me to live with him in this huge mansion will pay back all my suffering for 21 years.

If he did think like that, then he's wrong.

Finally, we arrived at the dining area. There was a huge table in the middle of it with a few bouquets of flowers. Seriously, what's the use of the huge table and the flowers since there're only two of us who are going to have the dinner?

"Let's eat."The guy smiled and giggled. I stared at the foods. All of them; I've never saw these kinds of foods before. Scratch that. I've saw them but only in the magazine I secretly read at the book store. Wonder how they taste.

So, I entered the food into my mouth and chewed slowly; trying to figure out the taste as it melted in my mouth. Surprisingly, it tastes really good! Whoa~! "Delicious, right?"The guy asked and smiled. Uh-oh! Is my acting too obvious?

"Oh, anyway. We'll have guests tomorrow. My friends are going to come over and guess what? They want to meet you."He giggled. I; who was eating the super delicious meat almost choked when I heard it.

Guests?

His friends?

Why the hell they wanted to meet me?!