Till My Last Breathe

Can I Love You?

 

No one's pov;

Soohyun and Hoon were sitting facing each other in a cafe. The two males were in silent as none of them spoke. Their eyes were battling with each other, gazing deeply as if wanted to read each other's mind. And that is beyond the reality.

"What's wrong with AJ?"Hoon finally asked as he crossed his arms under his chest. His eyes were still locked onto Soohyun, signaling that he's still not satisfied when Soohyun made him talk first. But Hoon can't do anything. His heart was beating with anxiety especially when Soohyun mentioned about AJ, his lover.

Soohyun slowly gazed down onto his laps and took a deep breath before slowly exhaled. AJ's image started to flash in his mind, thinking that somehow he was feeling guilty for that Kitty. He knew AJ had requested him to not say anything about this but Soohyun can't stand it anymore. Hoon is AJ's lover and he has the right to know about everything.

And at the same time, Soohyun wanted Hoon to stop hating him.

It was hurting him so much.

"When I tell you about this, promise me that you won't be mad."Soohyun finally spoke as he looked up at Hoon. In response, Hoon frowned in confusion. Soohyun's warning was making him to get more scared, afraid and anxious. What could be the thing that he wanted to tell?

Why is he feeling so scared right now?

"AJ.."Soohyun spoke, eyes looking deeply into Hoon's. The tension started to build up as both males were gazing each other once again. Soohyun suddenly stopped when he felt his spine shot unknowingly, thinking that whether the thing he's doing now is right.

He heaved a sigh once again, throwing away all of those coward feelings and mustered up all of his courage.

Hoon have to know about this.

"AJ's sick."

The atmosphere suddenly went silent. Even the sounds of the pin fall could be heard. Hoon didn't give any response and Soohyun had already stopped saying anything even though his statement was completely short. Hoon blinked his eyes as his nerves trying to process the information that he had received.

He somehow felt nothing as his mind was still whirling. The shock wasn't coming yet. His body was feeling numb and icy cold. He wanted Soohyun's statement to be a lame joke but it seems like his heart was telling him to accept it, even though it was starting to crush into pieces.

"Stop joking."Hoon finally was able to spoke. He looked really scared once he finished his words. The moment Soohyun said his lover's sick was taking his breath away at the same time. And he hated that feeling.

"I'm serious."Soohyun protested. His eyes were somehow burning trying to make Hoon believe.

"Remember when AJ requested to declare your relationship to the public? It's because he found out that he's sick."Soohyun continued. Hoon's heart was beating really fast right now. It was pounding hard against his chest, waiting it's time to explode. He can't think right. This thing was too sudden. Too much.

"AJ was diagnosed with Leukemia and his condition is worsening. There's 1% that his disease could be cure."Soohyun spoke as he showed a piece of paper onto the table that he had taken out from his bag. He's speaking like a doctor now; a doctor who's currently treating AJ.

Hoon stared at the paper and soon saw his lover's name, Kim Jaeseop.

Hoon went through the paper. All information about AJ and his ing deadly disease was stated on the paper clearly as if mocking Hoon that AJ soon would leave him. And Hoon's going to be alone once again, without AJ by his side. Hoon's heart skipped a beat. The words on the paper were spinning right now, giving him the un-ability to read all the information once again.

"AJ had asked me to not tell you about this...but I think you have the right to."Soohyun's head slowly lowered down, couldn't bear to look at Hoon now.

"Now you know why I'm always disturbing you, right?"

"NO!"Hoon barged as he stomped his hand onto the table, making the other customers in the cafe to jump in shocked, except for Soohyun who had expected his reactions. Hoon's breathe was harsh now. Thousands of needles were injecting through his heart, leaving an unbearable pain that he need to go through. Tears were threatening to flow as he clenched his teeth against each other, making his jaw to tense. 

"AJ will never leave me."Hoon whispered through his clenched teeth before finally leaving Soohyun alone. Soohyun wouldn't chase though. Hoon need some times for him to get through this. He knew how hurt the Bunny was feeling now.

And he was feeling the same too.



 

AJ sat comfortably on the sofa. His head tilted to the side, watching outside of the window now. The rain was pouring heavily. Storms were flashing behind the clouds and Hoon...he still haven't arrive yet. 

Where did he go?

AJ quickly shook his head, trying to throw away all nonsense thoughts that might happen to his lover. Maybe Hoon was sheltering under a place since it was raining. That's why he's home late. Maybe...just maybe.

AJ started to tap his fingers onto his knee, slightly glanced at the clock on the wall right now. The clock hand was moving quite fast than usual or maybe it was just him. AJ took a deep breath once he shifted his eyes away from the ticking clock, not wanting to get worried.

But the more he tried to, he became worrier.

AJ felt his heart was pumping angrily against his chest, as if his heart was telling him something. Something bad is coming. He doesn't know why. AJ tried to think positive but his heart strongly protested. And that had made AJ to become scared and anxious. Why did he have a bad feeling now?

Out off the blue, AJ's phone rang. The ringtone coed in the room now, as if the caller was feeling desperate to make AJ to pick up the phone. AJ quickly walked toward a small table near the sofa, grabbing his phone and stared at the phone screen.

Soohyun

AJ frowned. Why did Soohyun called him at this time? It's not that he was feeling weird. It's more to he was feeling disappointed that the caller was Soohyun instead of his lover. AJ heaved a sigh and slowly pressed the button before putting the phone onto his ear. 

"Is Hoon with you?"Was the first sentence AJ heard once he pressed the phone against his ear. AJ frowned in confusion. He didn't really expect that kind of question.

"No, he's not here."AJ replied shortly. The conversation went silent all of sudden. It somehow made AJ to feel weird and worried. Something's not right. Something is happening. Something bad is happening.

"What's wrong?"AJ asked in a deep tone. His heart was accelerating right now. His palms were sweating as his eyebrows furrowed. Soohyun remain silent on the other line, afraid to let the Kitty know about this. If he find out, he's sure the Kitty would surely kill him.

But that's not important now.

AJ's lover is missing.

The person that Soohyun love is missing.

And they need to find him.

"I told Hoon...about you."Soohyun calmly replied as he gulped in fear. And that's when AJ's blood started to boil up. His eyes blinked in shock, worried, afraid and everything that can explain what he was feeling right now. The pounding heart is increasing its rate as AJ felt his legs weaken. What the hell is wrong with Soohyun?! AJ had told him to not tell Hoon anything yet he still did? Is he insane?!

" you, Soohyun!"AJ growled before he quickly hung up.

His chest was moving up and down rapidly now. AJ looked around. He felt as if the world was spinning. He can't think right. The thoughts of Hoon would do something crazy crossed his mind. And he's really scared whether that thing will happen. He's afraid that Hoon would do something stupid, something crazy, something that will make the Kitty to regret for his entire life. AJ grabbed his coat before he dashed out off the house. Just by thinking of it already made him trembled in fear. And that's why, he need to find Hoon now. He need to find his lover before he do something out off his mind.

AJ went through the cold weather, being drenched by the cool shower as he ran through the streets. His heart was beating nonstop each millisecond. Despite that, he continued running, ignoring the cold rain that hit his weak body unmercifully. Steam went out from his mouth as he tried to catch his breath. The pain in his heart started to affect his body now. He doesn't even know why. His body was feeling numb. It felt as if he's having hard time breathing. As if God was trying to take his soul away. But AJ doesn't want it to happen. 

He doesn't want God to take him away.

Not before he could meet his lover.

AJ's eyelids started to lower down, threatening him to close his eyes. His breathing was decreasing, his heart was getting weaker as his legs were getting slower. The rain that poured down onto his body was making it harder for him to continue. It's as if the rain was preventing him from meeting his lover, pouring down hard on his body for him to fall on the ground.

And due to his weak body, AJ fell. Lifelessly fell onto the cold and wet ground. Tears started to flow from his eyes, mixing with the rain. His body was getting weaker now, waiting it's time to finally stop operating. AJ weakly clenched his teeth against each other, hoping that this is not going to end.

But his hope faded when his eyes finally closed.



 

The sounds of his heart was beating steadily. People were talking about something, something's weird that even he himself couldn't figure out. The wind was cold, the sun was bright and the smell was....annoying?

"AJ!"Hoon called as soon as he saw his lover awake. AJ blinked his eyes in confusion as soon as he saw his lover was approaching him. His head tilted once Hoon was right in front of him. Happy tears were threatening Hoon's eyes, feeling glad that AJ's finally awake.

"Where....am I?"AJ weakly asked as his eyes squinted due to the bright light in front of him. The nerves in his brain were slowly operating. AJ looked around. He spotted two males, Hoon and Soohyun, a white ceiling, two chairs, a vase on a small table, and the bed where he's lying right now.

"You're in the hospital. Soohyun found you on the streets. You've been sleep for three days."Hoon quickly responded. The look on his eyes can't describe how grateful he was feeling right now. AJ shifted his eyes toward his lover and then slightly glanced at Soohyun who were standing behind him. A small smile formed on Soohyun's lips once their eyes met.

"So, I'm not dead yet."AJ thought as his kitty-lips slightly curled up. Just by thinking of it already made him feel relieved. He thanked God for not taking him away yet, for letting him to meet his lover, for giving him more chance to spend his time with Hoon. Words cannot describe how grateful he is right now.

"I'm really sorry. I shouldn't be selfish."Hoon spoke. He wrapped his fingers around AJ's pale hand tightly, making his lover to look at him pitifully. The Kitty patted the Bunny's hand gently, signaling that he's not guilty in this matter. It was his, it was AJ's fault for not telling him earlier.

The two males were drowned in each other thoughts as they exchanged gazes. Until Soohyun finally stepped in, making the two love birds to change their attentions toward him.

"From now on, you guys should create good memories. Take care of each other and never hurt each others' feelings."Soohyun advised. His lips formed a warm and gentle smile at the two.

AJ looked at him, feeling happy and thankful on how Soohyun cared about them two. He's glad that Soohyun was there, he's glad that Soohyun always care for them and he's glad that Soohyun will be the one who'll replaced him when he's gone. He doesn't have to worry about Hoon then.

"Thank you."AJ smiled, making Soohyun to reply the smile.

"Oh..where're Kiseop and Kevin?"AJ asked when he realized that the two brothers weren't there to visit him. Hoon was taken aback for a moment. He didn't really expect that AJ would realize it. Now, what should he say about them?

"Actually, about them...."