Destiny? Not

Can I Love You?

 

Dongho’s pov;

 

I was walking alone through the street. School had just finished and I can’t wait to get back home earlier after hearing our P.E teacher nagged about how weak we are. Ugh, seriously, he’s just thinking that boys should be strong. That’s pretty annoying.

I hummed a song as I turned to the left. But then, my steps stopped when I saw two well build up guys were disturbing a young boy in my age. My eyebrows furrowed at the view. What are they doing?

“Give us your money!”I heard one of the guys shouted. He had a scar on his right eye with a beard.

Uh, gangster?

“I’m telling the truth. I don’t have any.”The boy in my age cowardly replied as he looked down onto the road. He was hugging his bag pack tightly onto his chest as if don’t want to let it go. The beard guy than spat on the boy, making him flinched.

Hey, that’s rude!

“Give me that!”The guy forcefully pulled the boy’s bag pack from his grip. The young boy still refused to let it go and pulled back.

“Hey!”I bravely shouted. Uh-oh, why did I just do?

The two guys were now changing their gazes at me; scarily. I swallowed a mouthful of my saliva when I felt blood rushed through my body like electricity. “What?!”One of the guys annoyedly question; his hand was still on the boy’s bag pack.

“Let the boy go.”I mustered up all my courage as I took a step forward. The guys looked at each other and suddenly smirked. They walked forward, cracking their knuckles and head as they approached me.

I saw the boy earlier ran away from the guys at the back.

Hey! You’re supposed to help me here, not run away, you jerk!

“Seems like someone is trying to be a hero.”One of the guys laughed as he his lower lip. I gulped and took a step backward when they were getting closer and closer.

What should I do?

What should I do?!

RUN!

“Don’t run, you !”The guys cursed when I sprinted away, trying to save myself from getting killed. Gosh, I can’t even run faster after being punished by our P.E teacher to run around the school. Damn it!

I tried my best to widen my steps and quicken them. No. I can’t die yet.

There was a junction a few metres away which bring hope to me. As soon as I reached the junction, I turned right and continued to run until I found out – that was a dead end!

Great!

I spun around and saw the two guys were already behind me; smirking evilly as they tried to catch their breaths. “You brat. You think you can escape?”The other guy scoffed as he approached me. I took a step backward until my back hit the brick wall.

I saw the guy swung his hand up; ready to hit and punch me on the face so I closed my eyes tightly and waited for it. A few seconds passed but – why didn’t I feel hurt at all?

I bravely yet timidly opened my eyes and was shocked when I saw a blonde guy was beating the two build up guys with his bare hand.

Huh?

A hero?

He dodged their punches and back with his punches; caused the two guys to groan in pain. I sank onto the ground, hugging my knees as I watched them fight.

Well, it’s more to the two guys being beaten up by the blonde one.

After it seems like forever, the two guys finally ran away cowardly while cursing. I heard the blonde guy sighed and turned his body around to face me. He walked over to me and when he’s in front of me, he extended his hand which I assumed he’s offering a help.

I slowly reached out his hand before he pulled me up, helping me to stand. “Are you okay?”The blonde guy questioned. A warm smile tugged onto his lips as he examined my body; checking whether I got wounds or bruises.

“I…I’m fine.”I timidly said and slightly bowed. The guy let out a sigh of relief as he dusted the dirt on his shirt. “Well, be careful next time.”He spoke and smiled. I swallowed a mouthful of my saliva and nodded.

The guy bowed, spun around and walked away; leaving me alone at the dead end. I stared at his back. He had such a broad shoulders. He’s not really tall but he had such awesome muscles. The guy finally disappeared from my sight.

My hero….when can we meet again?

No one’s pov;

 

“That’s when I’ve started to fall for you. You had saved my life and it was destined.”Dongho excitedly and cowardly stated. Eli stared at him weirdly. His eyebrows furrowed thinking that this boy has gone nuts.

“Maybe you think I’m crazy but I…I truly love you.”Dongho put all of his hopes on the last sentence. But still, Eli didn’t even change his look toward the young boy. Instead, he felt as if Dongho need some kind of treatment and he need to shoo this boy away.

“Okay. Now you’ve explain, I think you better go home.”Eli finally spoke, heading toward the front door. Eli walked toward the door but stopped when he felt something wrapped around his waist. He felt his blood rushed through his entire body as his spine shot up with the sudden contact.

“Please give me a chance!”Dongho screamed, loud enough for the neighbours to hear him. “What – what are you doing?!”Eli held Dongho’s hand and harshly pushed them away. He spun around and angrily yet cowardly stared at the young boy.

“Don’t. Ever. Get. Your.Hands.On.Me.”Eli emphasized each word while pointing his index finger toward Dongho. Dongho’s hand connected with each other as he bit his lower lip. He then raised up his head and took a deep breathe.

“Please! At least let me prove to you how much I love you.”He cried. Dongho’s heart started to beat faster and harder. “I…I’ll make you fall for me….just like..how I fall..for you.”His breathe was harsh as he finished his sentence.

Eli smacked his head and sighed in defeated as he changed his gaze back to Dongho.

“You’re totally nuts.”


 

Kevin was having his breakfast with Kiseop. They were sitting across each other. It was rather silent as none of them spoke. Only the sounds of the spoons and the plates collided with each other. Kevin silently stared at Kiseop who was enjoying his breakfast without bothering anything that happen around him.

Kevin let out a sigh. He’s not sure whether he has to ask it. He wanted to know more about Kiseop’s relationship but he’s scared if he knew about it, he will get hurt.

“So,”Kevin bit his lower lip; his grip onto the spoon tighten as his heart started to beat faster. Kiseop looked up at Kevin who was trying his hard to not show his emotion at this state. “..how did you and Min Young met again?”Kevin bravely asked and silently sighed.

Kiseop chewed the bottom of his lips and eventually smiled. “About five days ago. She came to my office and surprised me.”Kiseop chuckled at the answer and thought about how happy and warm Min Young smile was when they met again.

Kevin slightly nodded and remained silent. Kiseop was feeling too happy about it.

“You should be friends with her, Kevin. She’s really nice and caring.”Kiseop suggested; hoping that Kevin won’t reject. Kevin put on a fake smile on his face.

Could he really be friends with Min Young?

“AJ seems to not like her. Why is that?”Kevin questioned; acted as if he didn’t know anything. Kiseop stared at him and sighed. He put down his spoon beside the plate and smiled weakly. “Well, maybe because she left me a year ago?”Kiseop replied with a questioning tone.

“But it’s not her fault anyway. I should support her to pursue her dream.”He continued and shrugged.

“Dad died at that time, right?”Kevin’s voice shaken as he questioned. Kiseop breathe skipped as he gulped. He let out a sigh and weakly nodded. “I know you must felt angry toward her about that issue too but…she just wanted to achieve her dream.”Kiseop smiled.

Kevin looked up toward Kiseop. No, he’s not mad at Min Young. That’s not what he was feeling right now.

Kevin, he felt pity for Kiseop.

Kiseop had no one to comfort him when he’s in a state of shock. He’s all alone yet he tried to live it all by himself. He was being abused but he still loves his father. When his abusive father was dead, no one was there by his side.

Kiseop, why are you so strong?

“I’ve done.”Kiseop exclaimed as he put down the small white cloth off his collar. “You must’ve hurt a lot.”Kevin mumbled and sighed. Kiseop looked at Kevin as his eyebrows furrowed. “Hmm?”Kiseop hummed, blinking his eyes innocently.

Kevin looked at Kiseop and smiled weakly. “Nothing.”He spoke softly. Kiseop put on a warm smile and stood up. “I’ll go for work now. See you this night.”He chided and waved a goodbye to his brother.

Kevin watched as Kiseop’s back slowly disappeared from his sight. He let out a weak sigh and hung his head down.

“If only I was there for him.”