Fiance

Can I Love You?

 

No one’s pov;

 

Kevin almost lost his grip onto his glass when he heard the announcement. He swallowed a mouthful of his saliva as he stared at the two young couple who were standing happily on the stage. Kiseop’s arm were wrapped around the young woman's shoulders; pulling her closer toward his body.

The guests applauded, celebrating the CEO of the company that finally engaged.

Kevin’s breathe skipped. His heart was pounding really hard as if it was about to explode. His hands were shaking; couldn’t even believe what he had heard just now.

Fiancé?

Since when did Kiseop have a girlfriend? He had never talked anything about it.

But then, something hit Kevin’s head. The young woman who was standing gracefully beside Kiseop is the one who knocked onto him earlier. And she – is the one who’s in Kiseop’s picture. It made sense now. No wonder Kevin felt she’s so familiar when they meet a few minutes ago.

“I didn’t know she’s already back.”Kevin heard a voice beside him. He tilted his head just to see AJ was drinking a red wine while eyeing the young couple on the stage. “Huh?”Kevin’s eyebrow furrowed, hoping that AJ would explain this thing to him.

AJ looked at Kevin and blinked his eyes. “Oh! You didn’t know about this, right?”He questioned back, putting down his drink. Kevin remained silent and slowly shook his head no. AJ let out a sigh, shoving his left hand into his pocket.

“That girl is Min Young. She’s – Kiseop’s girlfriend.”AJ stated. “…but she’s his fiancé now.”He continued while sipping his wine once again. Kevin tilted his head in confusion.

“They’ve been dating since high school. At least – that’s what I thought.”AJ shrugged and sighed. Kevin frowned even more; still couldn’t understand what does AJ’s trying to explain. “What do you mean?”He questioned; eager to know more about Kiseop’s relationship that he had been hiding from him.

“Well, she left Kiseop – a year ago.”AJ spoke.

She left Kiseop?

Then why the hell did they’re engaged now?!

“She wanted to pursue her dream becoming the stage actress in Norway. So she left him even if he begs her not to.”AJ continued. Kevin chewed the bottom of his lip and changed his gaze toward the young couple. “But she just wanted to pursue her dream, right? Kiseop should let her go and support her.”Kevin commented; kinda feel a little weird toward Kiseop’s action.

“Yeah, I’ll do the same if I was Kiseop. But she at least needed to wait until Kiseop recover from his shock.”Hoon interrupted, now standing beside AJ. Kevin looked at him; frowning.

“I don’t understand.”Kevin muttered. Hoon and AJ looked at each other and sighed. They turned their gaze at Kevin at the same time. “Kiseop lost his father at that time.”Hoon replied; sympathy showed upon his brows.

“Your father died last year and Kiseop was in a state of shock. She should support him and be by his side but instead, she left Kiseop alone just to pursue her dream? That’s ridiculous.”AJ groaned in anger. Just thinking about it already made him mad.

Kevin changed his gaze toward the young couple who were still on the stage; receiving tons of greetings from the employees and the investors.

“She shouldn’t come back.”


 

AJ, Hoon and Kevin were chattering with each other until they felt a presence. They tilted their head to the side, just to see a male and a female were standing beside them. Their hands were intertwining with each other.

Kevin caught the view and somehow, he was feeling jealous. And irritated. “Hey, long time no see.”The young woman screeched and waved at AJ and Hoon. Hoon smiled widely; didn’t want to show how he’s annoyed with her.

AJ, in the other hand was acting too obvious that he’s not feeling happy with her encounter. He rolled his eyes and looked away, doesn’t want to make an eye contact with the woman in front of him.

“I want to introduce you to my brother. Kevin, this is Min Young.”Kiseop chided, showing Min Young his younger brother who was remaining silent from the beginning. Min Young changed her gaze toward the blonde guy and quickly clasped her palms against each other.

“It’s you.”She exclaimed; smiling widely when she saw Kevin. Kevin blinked his eyes innocently; feeling awkward when Min Young was acting as if they had meet for a long, long time.

“You know him?”Kiseop questioned. His eyebrows furrowed towards Min Young. AJ and Hoon at the same time changed their gaze toward Kevin. Kevin didn’t tell that he had known her.

“No. Not really.”Min Young laughed. “I accidentally knocked onto him earlier.”She smiled and slightly shrugged her shoulders. Kiseop nodded and smiled. “I didn’t know that you’re Kiseop's younger brother. I’m sorry if I didn’t introduce myself before.”Min Young beamed, extending her hand toward Kevin for a hand shake.

“It’s okay.”Kevin took her hand and smiled.


 

“So, why didn’t you tell us earlier that you two are getting engaged?”Hoon questioned; cutting down the delicious steak on his plate. Kiseop looked up from his plate and smiled. “I just want to make it as a surprise.”He giggled.

“Well, you really did surprise us.”AJ put on a fake smiled and continued to eat his steak. “Hey, do you guys have free time this Saturday? I’m having an event to celebrate my acceptance at Norwegian Theatre Academy so I want you guys to come.”Min Young exclaimed and grinned.

AJ and Hoon looked at each other and then shook their head no. “Sorry, but we don’t think we could come.”Hoon replied sadly. Min Young pouted and sighed. “Why? Don’t tell me you guys are still mad about last year?”She murmured and bit her lower lip.

Hoon vigorously shook his head and smiled. “No! Of course not. Why would we need to get mad?”He chuckled awkwardly.

“Well, I’m still mad.”AJ interrupted, drinking his glass of water beside him. Min Young’s shoulder deflated when she heard it and looked down onto her lap. Hoon silently kicked AJ’s leg and glared at him while mouthing something to him.

AJ groaned in pained and pouted. He let out a sigh and remained silent. “AJ’s just joking. You two will come, right?”Kiseop smiled at his two friends. Hoon let out a sigh and slowly nodded; gave up when he realized Kiseop’s smile was kinda – creepy.

“You too, right, Kevin?”Min Young looked up at Kevin who was remaining silent on his seat. Kevin looked at her and awkwardly nodded. “Sure. I’ll come.”He smiled weakly; which made Min Young giggled in excitement.

Kevin heaved a sigh, silently cutting the piece of his steak. His eyes then flashed toward Kiseop’s hand which was holding Min Young’s tightly. He looked up at Kiseop who were smiling brightly while talking to his fiancé.

His heart broke at the view.

How he wished he was Min Young.

Hoon’s pov;

 

AJ and I were in the car. Both of us remained silent as none of us spoke. AJ still wasn’t in the mood, I guess. Well, after he met Min Young. Right after all of us separated after the dinner, AJ seems cannot contain his anger toward her anymore.

I know how much he hated her but he need to at least control it.

Seems like he need to learn from me.

“AJ?”I called. AJ still didn’t have any urge to talk yet. I let out a sigh and chewed on my bottom lip. “Can you calm down?”I said, hoping this time he would at least turned his face at me.

AJ remained silent. I realized his grip onto the car wheels tighten and his teeth clenched when I saw his jaws were tensed. I gave up and rested my back body against the upper side of the seat; crossing my arms under my chest.

I flashed a look toward the outside view, staring at the cars which were passing by.

After it seems like eternity, we finally arrived at our apartment. AJ quickly went out off the car and stormed into our apartment; leaving me behind. He’s really mad now. He had never left me behind before.

I shook my head in defeated and followed him into our apartment. AJ was sitting on the sofa; facepalming himself. I heaved a sigh, slowly walked toward him and sat beside him.

“Calm down.”I patted his lap gently. AJ looked at me and sighed. “Why did she need to appear again? Kiseop will end up hurting himself if he kept being with her.”He groaned, throwing his back body against the sofa.

“You know how much he loves her, right?”I said, trying to comfort him. AJ rolled his eyes and crossed his arms under his chest. “It’s because he loves her so much that made him heartbroken.”AJ scoffed and heavily sighed.

Yes. AJ is the type who hates it when his friends get hurt.

“Maybe she won’t leave him again. Who knows?”I said. “If you’re acting like this, you’ll end up making Kiseop hurt too.”I continued and shrugged my shoulders. AJ looked at me and sighed. His shoulders deflated as he pulled away his back body from the sofa.

“Sorry.”He muttered; which made me smile. “Next time, don’t act too harsh in front of her. It’s not only you who hated her too, you know.”I giggled cutely and patted his back.

AJ grinned and chuckled. “Did I scared you?”He questioned, pulling my hand and headed toward our room. “Yes, you are.”I pouted; obediently followed him.

“Well then. I should make up for it.”He winked before closing the door and locked it.