First Ride

Can I Love You?

 

No one’s pov;

 

It’s lunch break, so Kevin decided to go out for a while. He packed a box of lunch and waved at Eli who was zoning out once again. “I’ll get back soon.”Kevin chided towards the blonde guy but the only response he got was a nod.

Kevin sighed. It’s obvious now that Eli do have a problem. He just need to find out…soon.

Kevin opened the front door of the café; caused the bell to jiggle. He walked toward the route, heading to the subway. A few minutes passed and he finally arrived. Kevin got the ticket, entered the train and quickly sat on an empty seat.

He was feeling quite nervous though. It was the first time he used a public transport. He usually walked or rode a car with Kiseop. And yeah, since this is the first time he used public transport, of course, he was feeling lost.

Thank God that he had learned to get the ticket from a drama before.

Kevin stood up, checking the subway map journey while trying to figure out which station should he get off. He bit his lower lip, knowing that it’s kind of frustrating that he didn’t even has any idea on what should he do.

Kevin sighed, lowering his head down and closed his eyes. “First time riding a subway?”A voice was heard. Kevin raised his head, quickly tilting to his side just to see a young male who was wearing a white shirt with a sling bag.

“U-Um, yeah.”Kevin hesitatedly replied. Ugh, it’s a shame of him for being honest.

“Want me to help?”The young guy questioned, slightly smiling at him. “Yes, please.”Kevin nodded. He was feeling awkward, of course. He’s not the type who talks to stranger before…and even now. “Where are you going?”The young guy asked again.

His eyes were observing the journey map. “Nonhyeon-dong.”Kevin replied shortly. The young boy gazed at him then back to the map and slowly pointing his index finger toward a small square on the map.

“You should stop at Hak-Dong Station then.”He beamed, smiling at Kevin. “The subway will reach the station at about thirty more minutes.”He continued and grinned. Kevin amazingly nodded.

“Thanks.”Kevin exclaimed and smiled. “My pleasure.”The young guy replied.

“Anyway, what are you doing there…with that lunch box.”The young guy bravely asked, somehow was feeling curious. “Having a picnic with your girlfriend?”He naughtily asked and chuckled. “N-no. This is for my brother. He didn’t get home last night so I was thinking that he’ll probably hungry since he might haven’t eat anything.”Kevin calmly yet shyly replied.

The young guy nodded. “He’s working?”He questioned and blinked his eyes. Kevin nodded. “Ahh, he must be lucky for having such a good brother.”The guy compliment; caused Kevin to slightly blushed.

“It’s school time. Don’t you go to school?”The guy started to ask again while checking his wrist watch. Kevin was taken aback when he heard it. “Oh, no. I’m already graduated. I’m now working.”Kevin chuckled, thinking that people always mistaken him as a high school student.

“Really?!”The guy’s eyes widened in disbelief. “You seems – too young.”He frowned weirdly. “Maybe because of my baby face.”Kevin shrugged and smiled.

The guy nodded, feeling a little abashed that he was been fooled by Kevin’s face.

“So, what’s your job?”The guy started to ask again. “I work as a waiter at 0330 café in Seoul.”Kevin replied. “Ahh, that café.”The guy suddenly blurted.

Kevin blinked his eyes weirdly. “You know the café?”He asked. The guy nodded and grinned. “I used to hang out there after school. But it had been almost two years I haven’t been there since I moved with my brother.”The guy stated and shrugged.

“Why did I haven’t met you before?”The guy questioned and cheesily smiled. “Um, maybe because I just worked there a few months ago?”Kevin replied with a questioning tone. “Probably yeah.”The guy chuckled.

“What’s your name?”He asked and smiled. “I’m Kevin Woo.”Kevin bowed and grinned.

“Nice to meet you, Kevin Woo. I’m Kim Kibum but you can call me Kibum.”The young guy reached out his hand, wanting to have a handshake with Kevin.

Kevin gladly took his hand and shook hands with the new guy.


 

Hoon walked out off the class tiredly and quickly headed towards the cafeteria. He placed his books on the table, guiding himself toward the vending machine to buy a can of drink. Hoon inserted a few coins and pressed the button which is on his favorite drink. He waited a few minutes but the drink didn't come out.

“Why did it won’t come out?”Hoon asked to no one. He crouched onto the floor, peeking onto the small hole at the bottom of the machine to check whether his drink was there.

“Damn it! You eat my money!”Hoon’s mind yelled frustratedly. He got up and kicked the machine, letting out his angriness.

“Your drink won’t come out if you kept doing that.”A voice was heard beside him. Hoon quickly changed his gaze to the side just to see the same guy earlier was leaning his body on the wall while enjoying his coffee.

Hoon blew his bangs and rolled his eyes.

“It’s none of your business.”He muttered and started to walk away. “Don’t you want your drink?”The guy’s questioned stopped him. Well, of course he wanted his drink. He had pay for it.

The guy walked towards the vending machine, pressed the button of Hoon’s favorite drink once again and waited until coins came out. He took them and inserted the coins once again, pressing the same button and bam! The drink finally came out.

Hoon frowned and was feeling a little disappointed thinking that the machine might hate him.

The guy walked toward Hoon, handed him his drink and smiled. Hoon gladly take it and unconsciously smiled at his drink. “Sometimes, none living things do have feelings. That’s why you should treat them nicely”The guy chided.

Hoon raised his head and stared weirdly at the guy. “Enjoy your drink.”The guy smiled reassuringly at Hoon who was dumbfounded. He walked away, leaving Hoon alone with tons of questions flooded his brain.

“Who’s that guy?”


 

“Please wait for a while.”The secretary spoke as she started to call for her boss through the phone. “Mr. Lee, your brother is here to meet you.”She informed and then nodded a few times. The secretary quickly hung up and looked back at Kevin who was waiting.

“Mr Lee said you can come in. Please walk straight through the corridor and turn to the left. You’ll see his room at your right.”She explained. Kevin nodded and thanked her. He lifted the lunch box and quickly walked toward Kiseop’s room.

Once he arrived, Kevin knocked on the glass door; earned a low voice from Kiseop. “Am I disturbing you?”Kevin questioned as he entered the room. It was quite big and – modern. “No. I’ve just finished my paper works.”Kiseop giggled.

“Sit down.”He ordered and Kevin did as he told. He sat in front of Kiseop and quickly put the lunch box onto his table. “I brought you lunch in case you haven’t eat anything yet.”Kevin blurted and smiled.

Kiseop quickly chuckled and grinned. “You came at the right time. I’m feeling hungry.”He spoke. Kevin helped him to open the lunch box, handing him a pair of chopsticks and let him enjoy his lunch.

“He’s really hungry.”Kevin thought.

“Have you eat?”Kiseop asked while shoving the food into his mouth. “I have.”Kevin replied shortly and smiled. Kiseop nodded. No more words escaped from his mouth as what he’s concentrating right now is filling his stomach.

Kevin remained silent at the seat while watching Kiseop eating. He then flashed a look around the room, adoring on everything placed there. Kevin then gazed on Kiseop’s table. His eyes were caught on something; a picture frame.

It was a picture of Kiseop with a woman. Both of them were smiling in the photo.

“Who’s that girl?”Kevin frowned weirdly. He had never saw that woman before. “Is that his mother?”He thought again but then snapped out from his thought.

The woman in the picture was too young to be Kiseop’s mother yet was too old to be his sister. Besides, Kiseop's mother had passed away when she gave birth to him and he only has a brother and it’s Kevin. Then who’s that girl?

“This food is tasty!”Kiseop exclaimed; caused Kevin to look at him. Kevin grinned. “I can bring you lunch more often.”He sheepishly smiled; caused Kiseop to chuckle. “If you won’t mind.”He winked and continued eating.

Kevin watched; completely forgot about the woman in the picture…