Caught

Can I Love You?

 

No one’s pov;

 

Kevin packed his stuff and get ready to go back home. He closed his locker and slid his bag behind him before walked toward the door. His eyes then were caught on Eli who was weakly keeping his uniform into the locker. Kevin raised an eyebrow, seeing Eli was acting weird…again.

He heaved a sigh and slightly shook his head.

Kevin walked toward Eli slowly and soon stood in front of him. “Mind if I walk you home?”Kevin chided; caused Eli to raise his head up to Kevin. Eli remained silent for a while but then a soft sigh escaped from his lips.

“I’m not a kid anymore until you have to walk me home.”He murmured. Kevin let out a chuckle and shook his head vigorously. “I just wanna have a talk with you.”Kevin responded and smiled brightly.

Eli bit his lower lip. He assumed that Kevin must want to ask about his problem. If it’s true, then what would he tell him? He’s not the type of person who’ll share his personal problem with anyone. “You won’t mind, right?”Kevin’s voice startled him from his thought.

Eli sighed and reluctantly nodded. Well, if Kevin did want to ask about his problem, then there’s nothing else he could do. He’s sure Kevin will keep asking about it until he finally told him.

Kevin smiled, quickly motioned Eli to be quick so that they can close the café soon. Eli nodded, did as what Kevin had told him to. The two males then walked out off the changing room, heading to the counter and make sure all the lights are turned off.

They walked out off the café before Eli locked the door. The two males then walked together toward the route, heading to Eli’s apartment. It was an eerily night, where people weren’t out probably because it’s kinda cold tonight.

Kevin and Eli were walking side by side, remained silent as none of them spoke. But Kevin was feeling uneasy with the awkward silence so he decided to break it.

“You’re acting strange lately.”He finally broke. Eli looked at him and gulped.

As expected.

“I can’t seem to know who you are anymore.”Kevin tilted his head toward the muscular guy. His brows showed how worried he is now which made Eli to taken aback. Eli remained silent and looked down onto the road as they walked.

“Just tell me if you have any problem. Maybe I can help.”Kevin smiled reassuringly. Eli bit his lower lip. In his mind, he was debating with himself whether he should tell Kevin or not. Can he trust Kevin? Can really Kevin help him with his problem?

“I don’t know.”Eli sighed, slipping both of his hands into his pockets.

“Something strange is happening to me lately.”He continued and sighed. Kevin’s eyebrows furrowed when he heard it. “What is it?”He questioned, started to feel curious. Eli stopped walking as he looked down onto the road.

Kevin stopped too, trying to wait until Eli responded.

There was a silent for a while. Even the sound of cat finding its food in the garbage can be heard. Wind blew all of sudden. The two males were standing in front of each other; waiting for each other responses.

“I think…someone is stalking me.”Eli chided, biting his lower lip; hard. Kevin blinked his eyes innocently as if didn’t believe what he had just heard. Someone is stalking Eli? Is that true? Kevin remained silent in his position which caused Eli to raise his head and looked up onto Kevin.

He sighed.

“I know you won’t believe me.”He murmured. Kevin quickly shook his head and took a step closer toward Eli, stopping him from going. “It’s kinda weird. But who could probably stalking you?”Kevin beamed, sighing.

“Some crazy girls?”He questioned bravely. Eli stared at him and then slightly shrugged. “I guess.”He replied and sighed. “I always heard someone was following me every night and often received mystery knocks on my doors every morning. Then, the stalker started to send bouquet of flowers to me every day.”Eli continued, started to feel irritated thinking about it.

Kevin raised an eyebrow once the muscular guy finished. “No wonder he often daydreaming.”Kevin thought as he sighed alone. “Haven’t you tried to catch her?”He asked, slightly lifting his right eyebrow.

Eli looked at Kevin and weakly shook his head no. “I’ve tried but…..I failed.”He muttered under his breath. Kevin took a step closer and eyed Eli suspiciously. “Let me guess. You’re a type of person who’s hard to get up from sleep.”He bluntly guessed.

Eli nodded in embarrassment.

Kevin let out a soft sigh escaped from his lips as he slipped both of his hands into the pockets. The two males remained silent once again. But then, a weird sound was heard which made Kevin to quickly tilted his head to the side, followed by Eli.

“Do you hear that?”Kevin whispered, eyeing the junction at the street. Eli gulped. “Do you think it’s the stalker?”He questioned, slowly leaning his body closer toward Kevin.

“Want to check on it?”Kevin suggested. Both of them looked at each other and silently nodded. Kevin counted slowly and when he said three, the two males dashed toward the junction together. They heard sounds of cans collided and assumed that there must be someone over there.

“Stop right there!”Eli shouted, feeling angry at the same time. If there’s really someone who stalks him, he’s sure what he’ll do to that person.

Eli saw a shadow of someone running away and started to sprint. He was a few meters away from the stalker. Seems like the stalker was fast but that didn’t make Eli gave up.

He needed to catch this girl who had made his life miserable. He doesn’t want to live in a scary life anymore. Eli quicken his steps and eventually grabbed the stalker’s bagpack. He pulled it; caused the person in front of him to fall backward.

Eli kneeled on top of the girl and grabbed her collar tightly. “Got you.”He exclaimed and was panted. Eli positioned himself and pulled the girl’s collar, bringing her closer toward him. “Who are you?! Why are you following me?!”He shouted to the girl’s face in anger.

But then, Eli’s lips were pressed against each other when he examined the stalker’s face. His eyebrow furrowed at the view. The one who’s laying under him is – a boy?

A young boy?!

“Hey, I know you.”Eli spoke. The young boy under him was trembling in fear. Eli remained silent for a while yet still didn’t loosen his grip onto the boy’s collar. Kevin finally arrived, panting as soon as he stopped in front of the two people on the ground.

“You got her?”Kevin questioned as he let out his breath harshly. Eli didn’t response which made Kevin to feel curious. Kevin looked up at them while wiping the sweats under his neck. Once he caught the view, he was shocked too.

“Aren’t you that high school boy?”