After Story: AJ, Hoon & Soohyun

Can I Love You?

 

Hoon's eyes squinted when he felt the sun shone brightly outside off the window. He softly groaned, knowing that it's already morning and he will need to go to his part-time work today. Oh, if only he didn't failed his test. Hoon let out a yawn. He sat up on his bed, quickly stretched his arms forward to make his body feel a little fresh to start his day.

Hoon's hands fall down as he blinked his eyes lazily. He resisted the urge to go back to sleep since his working time will start in a few more hours. Weakly, Hoon got off from his lovely bed. He lazily inserted his feet into the slippers, fixing his pajama before going out off his room.

Sounds of the frying pan and the spatula colliding were heard in the kitchen, along with a delicious smell that filled almost the entire house. Hoon smiled as he closed his eyes, enjoying the good smell that hit his nostrils. Slowly, he walked toward the kitchen and soon stopped at the doorway, just to see a back of a man was cooking something on the gas stove. He laid his body against the doorway as he stared at the man silently.

The man was wearing white sleeveless t-shirt with a cute pajama tracks. He had a blonde hair and Hoon knew that he had such a well build body. And he knew it too much that the man was trying to expose his muscles by wearing a sleeveless t-shirt instead of a shirt. That's the only thing Hoon dislike about the man now.

"Am I too hot until you can't stop looking at me?"The man chided. He didn't even turn around to look at Hoon. 

Hoon blinked his eyes in surprise when he heard it. Silently, he gulped and rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"I'm not looking at you."Hoon scoffed, pulling away his back body off the doorway and headed toward the dining table. He pulled a chair before gradually settling his on it, ready to enjoy his delicious breakfast. The man had finished cooking now. Once he turned off the gas stove, he put Hoon's favorite food; bacons and eggs onto a plate. Then, he put down the breakfast onto the table right in front of Hoon's seat, earning a small smile from him.

"Don't deny the fact that you've loved me."The man teased as he winked lovingly at Hoon. Hoon rolled his eyes in disbelief. He ignored the man and started to take out a spoon to enjoy his favorite meal. The man had now washing the dishes, letting Hoon to eat so that he could have energy to work.

"Oh! Can you accompany me to buy some groceries after this? We've run out some."The man said, turning around as he laid his back body against the cabinet. Hoon looked up, staring at the man with his frowned eyes. 

"But I need to go to work."

"It's only for a while. Besides, if your boss mad at you, I can kick his ."The man grinned widely. His eyes sparkled at Hoon, hoping that the younger would agree.

"Gosh, Soohyun. You're so childish."Hoon muttered but end up earning chuckles from the man. Soohyun turned back around to continue washing the dishes, completely ignoring all Hoon's mutterings. Hoon heaved a sigh, now looking at the back of the man silently. The thoughts of how Soohyun worked really hard crossed his mind. He knew how much effort do Soohyun put in taking care of him.

Even he doesn't expect it to be like this.



 

"Two cabbages? That's not enough."Soohyun complained when Hoon had showed him the vegetables that he brought from the 'Organic Food' section. 

"What? It's not that we have kids in the house."Hoon said in annoyance. He then put the cabbages into the trolley, totally ignored Soohyun's command.

"You know I eat a lot. These aren't enough. Go and take some more."Soohyun ordered but still Hoon won't listen to him. Instead, he crossed his arms under his chest and stood still in front of the trolley. Soohyun snorted. He walked toward the younger and tried to push him, forcing him to go and take more cabbages but sadly, Hoon didn't budge at all. And that totally made Soohyun frustrated.

"You win this time."

By that, Soohyun walked toward the 'Organic Food' section, leaving Hoon who was smirking evilly. He laughed inside, knowing how cute Soohyun's reaction was. The thoughts of how Soohyun used to before crossed his mind. He remembered how frustrated he felt when Soohyun kept disturbing him, until he felt like dying.

But now, Hoon is the one who's bullying the older. And somehow, he felt satisfied with his own victory.

"You're so going to get it soon."Soohyun poked Hoon's cheek, caused the younger to snap out of his thoughts. Hoon blinked his eyes innocently. He tilted his head toward Soohyun, just to see that the older was smirking evilly. And Hoon knew what it meant. He's sure the older going to kill him tonight.

"Come on, we need more groceries."Soohyun smirk changed into a lovely smile as he pulled Hoon's hand, guiding the younger toward another section in the market. The two males walked together, with Hoon's hand been wrapped tightly by Soohyun's. The feel of the elder's hand was so warm, warm enough to make Hoon felt comfortable despite all the stares they got from the public.

But Hoon doesn't care.

He loves it.

"Oh, oranges."Soohyun's voice snapped Hoon out off his thoughts again. The older pulled the younger toward a table full of oranges for sale. Soohyun picked one, examined the orange fruit carefully as a warm smile graven on his lips.

"We should buy some for AJ. He loves oranges."Soohyun smiled and showed the fruit toward Hoon. Hoon looked at the orange. Slowly, he took it and a small smile formed on his lips. He sighed happily, suddenly thought about his lover. The one whom he loved so much. The one whom he wanted to be with forever. And the one whom he will always remember.

"Yeah, we should buy some."Hoon giggled. Soohyun grinned and quickly put the oranges into the plastic before placed them carefully into the trolley as if doesn't want the fruits to get damaged. Once he's satisfied, Soohyun pushed the trolley toward another section, followed by Hoon who's now behind him.

"AJ will surely love those."Hoon smiled at the thought.



 

The birds were chirping gracefully on the trees. The sun was shining brightly and the blue sky was clear. There's no single sign that it was going to rain today; such a perfect day.

There, stood two males who were clasping both of their palms. Their eyes fall shut, drowned by each other's pray. The place was in completely silent as there were only two of them that morning. 

A few moments finally passed and the two males finally opened their eyes, staring at the tomb stone in front of them with a name craved onto it.

Kim Jaeseop

"What did you say to him?"Soohyun asked softly. His hands were in his pockets now. Hoon remained silent for a while. His eyes were still glued onto the tomb stone. A bitter smile graven on his lips.

"I said that I love him."

"That's cheating."Soohyun pouted, caused Hoon to chuckle softly.

"I'm just kidding."

The two males went silent once again. Soft sighed escaped from Hoon's lips. AJ's image started to cross his mind as he remembered his deep voice rang in his ears.

"I said that, I'm happy now."Hoon smiled, eyes still glued onto the tomb stone.

"What about you?"He asked, tilted his head to look at Soohyun.

Soohyun remained silent now. His heart was beating really fast as he captured AJ's tomb stone in his eyes. Slowly, he reached out Hoon's hand, wrapped his fingers around the younger's warm hand tightly. Soohyun took a deep breath, his face was serious now.

"I said that.."He looked at Hoon with a pair of loving eyes.

"Every day, every time...I will make you happy."

And by that both males smiled toward each others, hands were intertwining tightly with each other as if none of them would let it go. A few moments later, they changed their gazes back to the tomb stone, slightly glanced at the oranges that they bought from the market, hoping that AJ would love them.

"It's really hot today."Hoon complained as they walked away, started to leave the cemetery.

"Do you want to rest anywhere?"Soohyun questioned, his fingers were still tightly wrapped around Hoon's hand as they walked.

Once they went a little further, a young man was sitting on AJ’s tomb stone, staring lovingly at the couple who was holding each other's hand. A warm smile formed on his lips, feeling relieved that he wouldn't have to worry about his love anymore. And soon, he faded away, saying his last wish before he was sent back to the heaven.

"Be happy."