Moving On

Can I Love You?

 

No One's pov;
 
Eli hugged the red box, pressing it tightly against his broad chest. He tried to breathe steadily, not wanting to let out tears fall from his eyes unwillingly. The image of his girlfriend flashed on his mind. Her angelic smile and her breath-taking expression. He wanted to forget about it now. It had been too long since she died yet Eli still can't forget about her.
 
That is until a young boy came.
 
A young boy whom he hated so much for making his life miserable. A young boy who insisted to stop disturbing his life. Eli admitted, because of that young boy, he somehow forgets about his pain for remembering his love. And that's what made him feel so confused and lost. Even he himself doesn't know why he did felt like that.
 
Eli heaved a sigh as he slowly pulled away the red box off his chest. He stared at it continuously as a small smile formed on his lips.
 
"I think this is the best way."Eli whispered softly and took a last peck on the precious red box. He then slowly placed it into a medium hole that he had dug before. As if the red box was alive, Eli carefully placed it in the hole, making sure it won't get damaged. After making sure the box was placed neatly, Eli buried it slowly while trying his best to not cry at the view.
 
All of the memories that he had been kept about his loving girlfriend will no longer store in his heart. He had promised himself that he, Ellison Kim will start a new life....with a new love.
 

 
Eli walked through the side beach, enjoying the cold breeze that brushed against his face gently. He inhaled the cold fresh air as his hands swung up and down. Now, Eli can feel relaxed. No more frustration. No more pain. He smiled alone as his legs brought him toward nowhere beside the beach. Sounds of the wave hit his ears. Eli loves it. How the waves will make such a relaxing sound along with the cold breeze.
 
It felt as if his mind was at ease. Until he saw a familiar figure was standing in front of him. That figure was standing, facing the sea. And that made Eli to feel anxious...and worried.
 
"Dongho?"Eli called, caused the figure in front of him to tilt his head toward him. Eli's sure it was Dongho just by seeing the way the figure was standing. It was too obvious, especially when he had always met Dongho for like every day.
 
"What are you doing here?"Eli asked as he jogged toward the younger kid who is now nuzzling his face on his arms roughly. Eli stopped on his tracks when he saw it. Dongho was acting weird. He searched the younger's face and frowned in confusion.
 
Was Dongho crying?
 
"Are you okay?"Eli questioned
 
"Y-Yes. I'm fine."Dongho quickly replied despite his stuttering voice. He tried his best to not let Eli realized what had just happened to him. It's a shame.
 
"Are you sure?"Eli asked, now extending his hand to grab Dongho's free hand. But Dongho being stubborn when he quickly pulled away his hand from being grabbed by the muscular guy. And Eli admitted, he felt hurt when Dongho acted that way especially when he had developed a new feeling toward the young boy.
 
"I said I'm fine."Dongho failed to lie when tears slowly slid down on his cheeks which shocked the muscular guy for seeing Dongho's tear for the first time. Eli gulped. What happen? Did something bad happen toward Dongho? Did someone hurt him? Just thinking about it already made him mad.
 
There's no one can hurt Dongho.
 
If they do, they have to cross over Eli’s dead body first!
 
"Who hurt you?!"Eli growled as he quickly grabbed Dongho's hand, forcing the younger to turn his body, facing him. Dongho started to sob once his eyes met with Eli. The image of Eli's handsome face became blurred as his tears started to smear it. Dongho bit his lower lip hard. His eyes shifted away, not wanting to capture Eli's face.
 
"Dongho.."Eli called once again. This time he became a little bit calm. Maybe because he doesn't want to scare the little Dongho with his anger, especially when he realized Dongho was trying to avoid eye contact with him.
 
"Leave me alone!"Dongho sobbed, his legs became weak. Eli was taken aback. His heart broke once he heard it. He had never thought this kind of pain was too unbearable. It felt as if he was been stabbed on his heart continuosly.
 
"Dongho, are you starting to hate me?"
 
"I don't deserve to be with you!"Dongho yelled, quickly shut his eyes as tears flowed endlessly. His statement made Eli to feel shock. What is this? What does Dongho meant? Did Eli done something that made this young boy to act this way?
 
"Tell me what's wrong."Eli beamed. The pain in his heart was unbearable. He was feeling scared, afraid that Dongho might hate him. Is it true? Was he too late?
 
"I can't.."Dongho sobbed. He nuzzled his teary eyes against his hand, trying to wipe away the tears.
 
"No matter how hard I tried...I still can't win your heart."He continued. That had made Eli to taken aback. He couldn't say anything right now. The only thing he can do was staring at the younger who was trying really hard to stop his tears.
 
It's so painful.
 
"You love your girlfriend too much and I'm sure I won't ever stay in your heart."
 
Eli's lips were pressed against each other. No. Dongho was wrong. This is a misunderstanding. Dongho can’t back away. Eli wants him. He wants the younger kid more than anything else now. Dongho can't say this after he had already locked Eli's heart. Dongho can't leave him. Dongho can’t give up...
 
...because Eli was already in love with him.
 
"I will gi-"
 
Dongho was cut-off when he felt a soft, moist and warm lips pressed against his tightly. His eyes widened in shock. In front of his eyes, a pair for eyes were shut calmly as he enjoyed the kiss that he just started. Dongho gulped in fear, doesn't know what is happening. It felt as if the world was spinning, butterflies were dancing and the flowers were blooming.
 
He was in paradise, he's sure.
 
A few moments passed until Eli slowly pulled away, his eyes were staring deeply into Dongho's eyes. A glimpse of redness were formed on the younger's puffy cheeks. His face was completely heated.
 
"The one who's in my heart right now..."Eli spoke softly. Dongho's heart beat faster and harder. Eli's voice ran through his ears like a music. It seems like he can't really control his feelings right now. Not after the sweet sudden kiss that Eli gave him.
 
"It's you."
 

 
Eli waited patiently, laying his back body against the wall as he checked his watch. He then crossed his arms under his chest as he drew a long breathe. He's starting to get impatient, it's true. A few minutes passed when suddenly, the door burst opened, revealing a young boy in his eighteen with a nervous expression all over his face.
 
"Sorry."Dongho bowed and bit his lower lip. Eli admitted, he was quite mad a few minutes ago because Dongho had made him waited for such a long time. But, just by seeing Dongho's face already softened his heart. He doesn't even know why. Everything Dongho does, it made butterflies dance in his stomach.
 
And he really, really liked that feeling.
 
"It's okay. Let's go."Eli smiled, quickly extending his hand toward Dongho who was now smiling sheepishly. It felt like a dream. Even he was aware whether he was just dreaming or this is the amazing reality. Dongho reached out Eli's hand, letting the muscular guy to wrap his fingers around his hand before gently pulling him away from the chalet.
 
Both males started to walk as none of them spoke. But they knew, they were feeling happy and excited. It felt as if both of them were flying, bringing their own bodies toward a paradise; a place where they'll stay forever, happily ever after.
 
That is, until they stopped in front of a cemetery; a place where all dead people were buried.
 
"Why are we here?"Dongho questioned, slightly raised his right eyebrow in confusion. His grip onto Eli's hand tighten as his heart started to beat faster and harder against his chest. Eli's lips formed a warm smile. His eyes shifted toward the younger as he sighed happily.
 
"I'm going to introduce you to someone."Eli blurted. Dongho gulped. He slightly glanced at the big cemetery, somehow was feeling scared at the silence there. It was too creepy for him even though it's morning right now. Eli took a deep breath and gently pulled Dongho, making both of them to enter the cemetery area. The two males were walking passed by a few tomb stones.
 
One, two, three, four and so on until Eli finally stopped, making Dongho to stop in response.
 
Dongho frowned. He stared at Eli in confusion, trying to make Eli explain to him on what was happening. But Eli was remaining silent on his spot. His eyes were glued onto a medium sized tomb stone in front of him. A small name was graven on it along with dates of birth and death.
 
Ahn Stella.
 
Sorrow filled his heart as he stared at the scratched name. Eli sighed and turned to look at Dongho. A small smile graven on his lips as he held Dongho's hand tighter, signalling the young kid to look at the tomb stone.
 
"This is my girlfriend's grave."Eli spoke softly as he smiled bitterly. Dongho blinked his eyes. He was feeling awkward right now. He, was standing right in front of Eli's girlfriend grave with Eli holding on his hand tightly. He just hoped that Stella's soul won't mad at him.
 
"How have you been?"Eli asked. His eyes were still glued onto the tomb stone.
 
"Sorry for not visiting you so frequently."He continued. Dongho remained silent beside him. Both of them were gazing at the tomb stone. The atmosphere was in silence once again. The only sounds that can be heard were the sounds of birds chirping as they flew in the sky. Eli's grip on Dongho's hand tighten once again. His heart was beating rapidly now, mustering up all of his courage to continue.
 
"I know I've made a promise to you before, Stella. I don’t want to break it but...I think it's time for me to free from this pain."Dongho looked at Eli. He saw sweats were formed on Eli's forehead though the weather was cold right now.
 
"I've met someone whom I really love now. It's time to forget about you."Eli finished his last words. He admitted, it was hurt to say it. But he need to move on now, especially when he knew there's still a person who loves him just like how Stella had loved him before.
 
And by that confession, Eli bowed in front of the grave, giving his girlfriend a last peck as he kissed the tomb stone.