The Truth

Can I Love You?

 

No one’s pov;

Kevin sat silently on his bed. His knees were pressed against his chest tightly as he buried his face between his knees and his chest. Kevin bit his lower lip. His eyes were shut tightly as he frowned. He’s going insane now. His head was about to explode thinking about the same thing again and again. And this had somehow made his heart felt like been stabbed continuously.

He can’t really endure this kind of pain.

-Flashback-

“I love Min Young.”

Kevin stared at Kibum in disbelief. Did he just heard right? Did Kibum just say that he loves Min Young? His cousin? Kiseop’s girlfriend?

“W-What?”Kevin asked back, still can’t believe what he just heard.

Kibum took a deep breath and exhaled. His eyes were shot directly onto Kevin’s which had made Kevin to have goosebumps with Kibum’s stares. The two males didn’t say anything. Kevin was waiting for more explanation from Kibum while Kibum, he’s trying to make up some words for Kevin to believe him.

“I’ve been in love…with Min Young.”Kibum spoke rather softly. His head then lowered down as he gulped in disbelief. Gosh, why did he even say this to Kevin? Kevin couldn’t say anything. His mind was clouded now. Problems come nonstop which almost made him felt like commit suicide. Kevin gulped and took a deep breath as he stared at Kibum who didn’t say anything after his sudden confession.

“You’re not joking, right?”

Kibum looked up. His eyes were filled with seriousness and Kevin knew it, Kibum wasn’t joking. He’s really serious and that had made Kevin to have hard time breathing.

What the is going on right now?!

“I know you love Kiseop.”Kibum blurted, caused the younger guy to shot him another look.

“And I know how you felt to see how lovely Kiseop and Min Young are.”

“Why did you tell me this?”Kevin interrupted, now starting to get a headache due to what was happening. Kibum’s lips were pressed against each other now. He doesn’t know how should he response to Kevin’s question. He doesn’t know whether Kevin will get hurt as soon as he heard his explanation. Kibum heaved a sigh and relaxed his mind for a while. He mustered up all his courage and stared at Kevin’s eyes once again.

“I love Min Young ever since our childhood time but never had any courage to confess.”Kibum continued. Kevin stared at him silently. His heart was beating rapidly now as if it was about to explode.

“When I found out Min Young and Kiseop were dating, only God know how regretted I felt for didn’t confessed to her earlier.”Kibum resisted the urge to cry.

“But I know…Min Young is happy to be by Kiseop’s side and Kiseop always make her happy unlike me.”Kibum faked a chuckle. Kevin remained silent. His eyebrows furrowed when he heard it. What does Kibum meant by his explanation? What is his intention actually?

Out off the blue, Kibum got off from the bench and shifted in front of Kevin who was still sitting on the bench. Kibum then slowly and weakly bent down and kneeled in front of Kevin which had made the younger guy to startle with his actions.

What is he doing?

Kibum bit his lower lip and gripped onto the cloth of his knee as he bowed toward Kevin.

“Please don’t ruin their happiness.”Kibum begged. His eyes were shut tightly. Kevin was taken aback once he heard it. Oh no. This isn’t what he was expecting.

“Even though Min Young didn’t love me, as long as she’s happy, I’m happy.So please, please let Min Young and Kiseop together.”Kibum spoke softly, almost tear up at the thought. All of his pain that he had kept this while finally being released. Five years, he had to endure the pain seeing his only love with someone else; loving, taking care with each other. He had kept it for too long until he felt like giving up on his life.

Kevin remained silent at his seat. He gulped and his head slowly lowered down.

God, why does love need to be cruel?

-End of Flashback-

Kevin nuzzled his nose onto his knees as tears started to escape from his eyes. He can’t hold it anymore. Too much pain that he needed to bare with now. Too much torture that he needed to go through. He thought his live would be easier when he had live with Kiseop but he was wrong. Instead, his suffering now is harder than before.

If only, he wasn’t been born.

 

 

Kiseop walked into the house and was being greeted by the maids. He smiled at them and soon his eyes started to wander around the house.

“Is Kevin asleep?”Kiseop asked when he didn’t see Kevin anywhere around the house. The maid nodded in response and bowed. “The second young master already fell asleep in his room.”She replied and bowed once again. Kiseop smiled and nodded. He asked the maid to get a rest since it’s already late before going upstairs and headed to Kevin’s room.

Kiseop slowly pushed the door and took a peek into Kevin’s room. There, Kevin was sleeping peacefully on his bed. Kiseop smiled alone when he saw his younger brother was sleeping peacefully. He slowly walked toward the sleepy Kevin quietly, not wanting to disturb his sweet dreams. He soon reached Kevin’s bed and slowly sat beside his brother. Kiseop sighed shortly as he stared at Kevin’s sleeping pose.

He was hugging a bolster as his body was facing the side. His hair was kinda messy which unknowingly made Kiseop to chuckle softly. Kiseop sighed once again as a small smile formed on his lips. He brushed off Kevin’s strand of hair that covered his forehead and bit his lower lip. Guilty feeling started to fill his heart when he saw Kevin’s sleepy gesture. His heart somehow sank at the view.

How can he solve his problem now?

-Flashback-

“He’s not your real brother.”

Kiseop raised his head up toward the man in front of him. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion when he heard it. What did the man just say?

“Mr. Kiseop, you can’t let him stay with you. It’s against the rule.”

“What are you talking about, Mr. Kim?”Kiseop asked rather bluntly. He intertwined his fingers with each other and rested his chin onto the back of his hand. Kiseop sighed silently. The man in front of him whose name is Kim Myung Seok is the lawyer of his father who is now had become his lawyer since his father died. Mr. Kim will be the one who’s responsible in Kiseop’s father, Mr. Lee’s family matter, company and his will.

He was such a dedicated lawyer and Kiseop really respect him and had never going against him.

But today…it would be different.

“Stop acting like a fool. You already know it.”Mr. Kim spat. He quickly sat in front of Kiseop. Their bodies were being separated by the table. Kiseop heaved a sigh and now rested his back body against the upper site of his seat. He then stared at Mr. Kim who is now trying to control his anger.

“Don’t get angry, Mr. Kim. It’s not good for your blood pressure.”Kiseop smiled sincerely at the man. Mr. Kim heaved a sigh and then threw a file onto Kiseop’s table, motioning the younger guy to take a look at it.

“You know the punishment if he’s a scammer, right?”Mr. Kim exhaled as he looked at the younger guy. Kiseop took the file and opened it, scanned through all the things in the file.

“But he’s not a scammer. He didn’t even know about it.”Kiseop replied. The man started to feel irritated seeing how stubborn Kiseop is now. He brought his body closer and rested both of his hands onto Kiseop’s table.

“He’s not allowed to stay at the house. Mr. Lee had warned that only his real sons are allowed. Not a fake son.”Mr. Kim said, caused Kiseop to change his gaze from the files up to the man. Kiseop heaved a sigh and closed the file before putting it back onto the table.

“So you want me to shoo him away after all the hope I’ve give him?”

Mr. Kim’s lips were pressed against each other. He suddenly became quiet as he stared at Kiseop. “But still-“

“I won’t let him go. Not after I’ve promised myself to take care of him.”Kiseop stood up, now heading toward a window in his office. Mr. Kim remained silent at his seat as he let out a heavy sigh. Kiseop stared at the view outside of his office for a while as he tried to ease his mind which is completely in a mess right now.

After a few minutes keeping silent, Kiseop finally took a deep breath and exhaled.

“We’ll still find my real brother. But Kevin…he will always stay with me.”

-End of Flashback-

Kiseop remained silent as he stared at Kevin. He doesn’t know what to do now. He still hasn’t found his real brother yet and Mr. Kim was still stubborn to ask Kiseop to not let Kevin to stay with him in this house. How can he force Kevin to go away? He had promised himself that he will take care of Kevin and wouldn’t let him to be alone again.

He can’t shoo Kevin away after he had made his promise.

Even though Kevin wasn’t his real brother, Kiseop loves him. He loves Kevin just like he loves his brother. And now, Kiseop had started to blame the fate. He found out that his real brother was still around Seoul. The reason why he wrongly thought that Kevin was his brother is because Kevin’s mother was related to his step mother.

He doesn’t know how that things happen but to his instinct, Kevin’s mother must be really close to his step mother. If only, Kevin’s mom was still alive, it would be easier for him to search for his real brother.

But he won’t let Kevin go away even though he had found his brother. He will still stay together with them no matter what happen. But Kiseop worried, if Kevin finds out that they are not related at all, would he still agree to stay with him?

Would Kevin agree to not leave the house?

Gosh, just by thinking of it already made him feel scared.

He doesn’t want Kevin to leave. He doesn’t want Kevin to be alone again. He wanted to take care of him till his last breath. And he doesn’t even know why he was afraid to lose Kevin.

Kiseop shook his head and sighed as he mentally slapped his face. He stared at the younger guy and smiled alone. Kiseop brought his hand toward Kevin’s hair, gently messed it and smiled.

“Even though you’re not my brother, I’ll still love you.”

Kiseop heaved a sigh. He pulled away his hand and was about to get up when he felt Kevin moved. Kevin nuzzled his nose onto his hand and slightly shrugged his shoulders.

“I love you…”Kevin mumbled.

Kiseop blinked his eyes and smiled seeing how cute Kevin was when he was talking in his sleep.

“I love you….Lee Kiseop.”



 

This one is a bit short. LOL, I'm sure you guys are shock when reading this XDDD I know, I know, I'm such a cruel author. Blame me. Show me what you got. Hahaha >:D