Fear

Can I Love You?

No one’s pov;

 

AJ slowly entered the room, just to see his lover was sleeping peacefully on the bed. He stopped on his tracks, eyeing Hoon who was snoring rather softly. AJ heaved a sigh. He crossed his arms under his chest as his back was laid at the doorway, eyes still focused on the sleeping Hoon. His heart somehow broke at the view, knowing that he will no longer have time to spend with the one he love soon.

AJ was afraid. What if Hoon can’t accept it? What if Hoon do something unpleasant when he find out? Will Hoon able to take care of himself when AJ’s gone? Will AJ have to watch Hoon struggle alone when he’s in heaven?

Just by thinking of it already made AJ to tremble in fear. He doesn’t want Hoon to do something out of his mind when he died. That’s why he asked for Soohyun’s help even though he himself was hurt to know that Soohyun was falling for his lover.

He doesn’t want to get mad. He loves Hoon but Soohyun loves him too. And Soohyun seems to have more chance being with Hoon rather than AJ. AJ closed his eyes in disbelief. He gulped in fear as he buried his face into his palm, trying to ease his mind which had turned messy now.

He needed to tell Hoon. Hoon will find out about this soon anyway.

He just hoped that Hoon can accept it.


Soohyun pushed the trolly, heading toward the organic vegetables area. His eyes were wandering around the amount of tables places accordingly there. A small smile formed on his lips when he saw a huge cabbage near the place he was standing. Soohyun dashed toward the table, quickly reached out some cabbages and put them carefully in his trolley. He nodded silently after observing that he had enough groceries for a month.

Soohyun walked away, heading toward the counter as he pushed his trolley. Once he got at the counter, a familiar figure was standing in front of him, quieing at the long line. Soohyun blinked his eyes. His heart started to beat at an unsteady pace. It's normal now. Every time he saw the guy, his heart always beat faster.

"Hey,"

Soohyun greeted, caused the guy in front of him to spin around, facing Soohyun in shock. But he still managed to control his face expression. Soohyun's lips formed a warm smile as soon as both males locked gazes with each other. The guy rolled his eyes, quickly spun back in front. He tried to ignore Soohyun, Soohyun knew it too much. That guy hates him anyway.

Soohyun remained silent. The guy was only not replying his smile and he already felt hurt. Soohyun heaved a sigh. He continued to take a few steps in front as the line decreased. When it's the guy's turn, Soohyun quickly placed his groceries on the counter too, making the cashier to look weirdly at him. And the guy, he's obviously annoyed.

"Count my stuffs too. I'll pay."Soohyun smiled warmly at the cashier. The cashier nodded and was about to scan Soohyun's stuffs when the guy grabbed her arm.

"No need. I can pay it myself."The guy growled. Soohyun flashed his look toward the guy. He observed the guy's face gesture and silently sighed. Soohyun doesn't know why and what made the guy hate him so much. He didn't do anything wrong. The only thing he did was taking care of him. Is that even wrong?

"Hoon, I'll pay for it."Soohyun calmly said. He held Hoon's arm and gently forcing him to release his grip from the cashier's arm.

"Stop acting nice."Hoon refused. His grip slowly loosen.

"I'm sincere."Soohyun beamed. His eyes were staring at Hoon's. Both males were drowned with each other's thought. None of them spoke as their eyes battled, eager with their own need. And that had made the cashier to feel uncomfortable.

"I'll count his stuffs too and you guys can pay fairly. Fifty fifty. Is it okay?"She broke the awkward silent. Soohyun changed his gaze toward her and smiled.

"Okay then."

Once the males paid for the stuffs, Soohyun offered Hoon a ride but he refused. Still, that doesn't made Soohyun to give up. Being as stubborn as he is, he pulled Hoon's hand and dragged the younger to his car.

"What's wrong with you?! Stop disturbing me!"Hoon yelled as he was been dragged by Soohyun. He roughly pulled his hand off Soohyun's grip. Hoon shot a death glare at the older while he resisted the urge to just throttle this annoying guy. He hated it. He hated how Soohyun found out about his relationship with AJ. He hated it how Soohyun acted nice toward him. He hated it that Soohyun was living near his house. And he hated it how AJ and Soohyun were friends.

Hoon just hated everything about Soohyun.

But unfortunately, Soohyun loves him.

"Look, we need to talk."Soohyun calmly spoke. The older was facing the younger now.

"There's nothing that we can talk about. You are trying to ruin my relationship with AJ!"Hoon roared. His breaths were harsh. Heart was beating really hard as his face turned red, can't bear with his own anger.

"I don't care if you throw tantrums at me. But I just want you to know something...about AJ."

And that's when Hoon's breathe became steady. His heart suddenly beat at a steady pace. Somehow, it made him feel curious. It made him to feel something's...weird. Something scary that even he himself was afraid whether he can face it.

What is it?


Kevin stashed his stuffs into his bag roughly. He bit his lower lip hard, hard enough that it started to get swollen. He held in his tears that were threatening his red, scary eyes. Kevin's heart beat faster, faster enough until he felt it pounded against his weak chest hard. He can't bear with it anymore. Too much pain that he had gone through and it was getting harder until he felt like committing suicide was the only way for him to run away from his torturing life.

Kevin has had enough. He was so scared to fall in love with Kiseop. He was so scared that both of them can't love each other. And he was so scared to face the truth that he...is not Kiseop's brother. It hurt him in the heart. It felt like his heart was been ripped to pieces. It felt like the world was spinning. His legs were weak, his breathe was harsh and his eyes started to get swollen due to the unstoppable tears that flowed.

Kevin wanted to hate Kiseop. He tried his best to hate him now for lying to him, for telling him the beautiful promises, for taking care of him. And the most is, he hated Kiseop for making him fall in love.

"Kevin,"Kiseop barged through the door. His breath was harsh as he stared at Kevin with fear. Kevin was keeping all of his stuffs in his bag and the closet was empty. 

No.

Kevin cannot leave.

It was Kiseop's biggest fear.

"Go away,"Kevin growled as he stood up, quickly walked toward the door and bumped Kiseop's shoulder to go out. Kiseop's heart was beating really hard right now. He blinked his eyes in shock. A mouthful of saliva hardly went through his throat as he watched the back of Kevin left.

"NO!"Kiseop shouted, quickly dashed toward the blonde before grabbing his arm, preventing him from kept walking.

" off!"Kevin roared. He used all his strength to pull off his hand from Kiseop's grip. But he was too weak. Too weak after crying all the way to the house. 

"Please, don't leave. I need you."Kiseop begged, his grip still tight on Kevin's arm. Kevin threw him a death glare. Kiseop had never saw Kevin become mad that way. And it somehow sent chills to his back.

"I'm not your real brother. So why would you mind?"Kevin scoffed, finally able to pull away his hand. Kevin started to walk back. Kiseop's eyes started to form tears. That's it. The thing that he feared the most is happening now. He can't think right. His heart was aching and he doesn't even know why. He was afraid. He was scared. And he was hurt. Hurt to see that Kevin, the one whom he cared about is leaving him.

Tears smeared the image of Kevin's back. Kiseop had a hard time to breathe now. It felt like Kevin's leaving was taking his breath away too. And now, his legs started to walk beyond his control. They were fast and light as if he was flying.

"No.."Kiseop spoke softly despite the tears.

"I can't live if you leave me."Kiseop spoke once again and this time, even he himself didn't realize that he would said that. Everything that he was doing right now, it was against his mind. It felt like his body was the one who's controlling him, not his brain.

The only thing that Kiseop realized was when...he locked his lips with Kevin. With his eyes shut tightly as his thumb felt how trembling Kevin's lips were. It was such a smooth kiss. But it was too sudden that he too didn't realize the thing that he was doing...until he felt cold tears went through his thumb.

And he knew, it was from Kevin.

"What are you doing?!"Kevin yelled, pushing Kiseop away as his breath was harsh. Kevin stared at Kiseop in disbelief and Kiseop stared back in fear.

What have he done?!

"I-I'm sorry,"Kiseop spoke. He gulped in fear. Did he just...kissed Kevin? For God sake, did he just kissed him!?

Kevin felt his heart broke once again. Not that he didn't like the kiss. But that kiss had made it harder for him to forget about his love toward the brunette. Kevin wiped his lips as tears flowed endlessly from his eyes. He ran away, leaving Kiseop who was now dumbfounded with his own actions.

And this time, Kiseop doesn't chase.

He rested his back body against the wall, slowly sank onto the floor as he brought his hand up to his chest, feeling his own heart beat.

It was beating angrily.