Final

Can I Love You?

 

No one's pov;

"Calm down, okay? I'll find him."Kibum tried to make Min Young stopped crying on the other line. But he knew it'll be really hard for her to stop especially when Kiseop was being hospitalized due to his weak metabolism. He hadn't been eating for the past ten days and this doesn't surprised Kibum at all. He knew this kind of thing will happen and he knew that this day will come. The only thing he hadn't expected was it happened too fast.

And Kibum was feeling more burdened now. Kevin was still missing and now Kiseop had been hospitalized because of his own stubborness. Kibum wanted to get mad about this but thinking that this could be one of his faults, he tried to control it. Yes, maybe it was one of his faults. He knew Kevin was in love with Kiseop yet he still asked the blonde guy to forget about his love toward the brunette just because he wanted Min Young and Kiseop to be happy.

It was his fault.

If he can survive facing all the heartbreaks, doesn't mean Kevin can do the same. He's way weaker than Kibum is. And now Kibum started to think that he's selfish for preventing Kevin to confess his love toward Kiseop. If he didn't prevent it, he's sure this thing wouldn't happen. He's sure Kevin would still stay even though he found out that he's not Kiseop's real brother.

Everything was his fault.

Kibum leaned his head on the upper side of the seat once he hung up. He drew a long breathe as he swallowed a mouthful of his saliva, knowing that it's useless now for him to feel regretted. There's no use for crying over the spilled milk now. The only thing he has to do is searching for Kevin. Search him and bring him back so Kiseop can be as cheerful as he used to be once again.

Knock knock

Kibum startled at the sudden low noise came from his car's window. He tilted his head to the side and saw an old lady who's in her mid eighties or seventies was knocking on his window. Kibum politely bowed and quickly slid down the car's window, giving an access for him to hear anything that the old lady might say. A weak yet warm smile formed on the old lady's lips as soon as she met eyes with Kibum.

"Are you okay, son? You've been here for more than an hour. Are you looking for something?"Her voice barely escaped from yet it gave enough warm to Kibum despite the cold he was having right now. Kibum's lips curled up at the question. Yes, he is looking for something. Someone to be exact.

And he was feeling lost now.

He need some help.

"Do you want to have some lunch with us?"The old lady asked again when Kibum didn't give any response. Kibum blinked his eyes and weakly shook his head no.

"It's okay. I need to find someone."Kibum politely refused. He doesn't know why the old lady could make him feel a little bit warmer. Maybe because there's a glimpse of care in her gentle eyes that make Kibum to feel some kind of...love? He chuckled at the thought. Why did he become random so suddenly?

"But you looked pale. Are you sure you're okay?"The old lady still showed her concern as she looked deeply into Kibum's tired eyes. Kibum was taken aback when he heard it. He doesn't know that he looked pale. Well, of course he would. He still hasn't eaten anything since yesterday after accidentally saw Kevin out off the cafe.

He admitted, Kevin's appearance really had made him lost his appetite.

"Come and have lunch with us. We've cooked a lot today."The old lady requested as she smiled lovingly at Kibum. Kibum stared at her. Deep down in his heart, flowers were blooming as he felt a warm feeling melt his heart. He knew how he always fell for someone kindness.

And that thing had happened when Min Young had showed how caring she was when they were together. Because of that, he fell for her. Because of that, he kept longing for her. But sadly she belongs to Kiseop now. And that's why he needed to find Kevin quick so that Min Young wouldn't feel sad.

Because he doesn't want her to.

"Son?"The old lady's voice made Kibum to snap out of his thought. Somehow, he felt guilty for haven't say anything though the old lady had asked him many times. Kibum silently sighed. His eyes met hers.

"Okay then."

Kibum unlocked his car and soon got out off the vehicle. The old lady gave him another warm smile, quickly grabbed his free hand and guided him toward a huge old house near his car. There was a big wooden traditional door in front of them and the old lady pushed it, making it opened and soon revealed a few people who are obviously some old women in their gardening attire.

"They're my friends who lived here."The old lady smiled at the young guy, making Kibum to reply her smile. He looked in front, staring at the old women as they walked toward a big wooden bench where people used to sit. Some of the old women were preparing the foods, some were chatting and laughing while some were staring at him with awe.

"Who did you bring here? He looks nice."One of the old women teased as she looked at Kibum naughtily. The old lady who brought Kibum there quickly slapped her friend's arm, signaling that she was too old to act like that. And that had make Kibum to chuckle in response.

"Min Soo-ah, you keep bringing young guys here. You're such a playgirl."Another old woman beamed as she inserted vegetables into while sitting like an old man in front of Kibum. Kibum raised his eyebrow as a cheesy smile formed on his lips once he heard it.

"Aigoo, Jeon Hwa-ah, stop saying nonsense things."The old lady named Min Soo quickly slapped old woman Jeon Hwa in response. She shook her head in disbelief and soon changed his gaze toward Kibum who was remaining silent on his spot.

"Don't bother those old ladies. They're crazy."Old lady Min Soo advised and patted Kibum's shoulder lightly, caused Kibum to smile in response. Both of them then turned their attentions toward another old woman who shouted, telling them that the foods were ready. She put a hot pot onto the table and opened the lit, revealing Kimchi Stew that made all of them drooled.

"Oh, Sunghyun's not here yet."One of the old woman blurted, caused the others who were ready to eat to look at her.

"Oh, you're right. Son, can you call him in his room. His room was the second one from the left."Old lady Min Soo requested, showing Kibum an old house a few meter away from them. Kibum gazed at the wooden house which contains a few rooms.

"Sunghyun didn't really talk to us ever since he came here. But he often helped us whenever we need it. Aigoo, I don't know what's wrong with that kid."Kibum blinked his eyes as old lady Min Soo stated. He changed back his gaze from the old lady to the house and sighed. He didn't really think that he needed to do this.

"It's okay. I'll call him."Kibum smiled and politely bowed before he stood up, walking toward the house slowly. He climbed the small stairs before arrived at the corridor, walking along it and soon arrived at the second room. It was silent when he got there. There's no sound formed inside of the room, which made Kibum to think that Sunghyun must have fall asleep.

"Sunghyun, the old ladies are calling for you. Lunch is ready."Kibum knocked onto the door and waited patiently. Still, there was silent but then a few footsteps were heard approaching the door. And that had made Kibum to smile in relieved. It wasn't that hard to call for this Sunghyun kid.

A few moments later, the door slid opened, revealing a blonde man with black coat who had a baby face. He was looking right into Kibum's eyes. And the smile that had been plastered on Kibum's lips earlier faded when he saw the man. And he knew the man in front of him wasn't feeling happy about this meeting.

"Kevin.."Kibum called as he gasped in shock.

Kevin's eyes went blank but there's this aura in his eyes that made Kibum's spine to shot up, knowing that Kevin was completely mad at him. Both of them didn't move. Their eyes were still battling with each other. Part of Kibum was feeling happy with this meeting but another part of him was resisting the urge to go and throttle the blonde guy for leaving Kiseop.

"What are you doing here?"Kevin asked through his clenched teeth, making Kibum to gulp in fear. His eyes were burning, threatening Kibum to leave before he could kill him. But that doesn't really affect Kibum, to be honest. He can't leave. Not after all the things he had to go through just to find this blonde guy.

"Go away."Kevin spat and was about to close back the door before Kibum blocked it with his hand, preventing the door from fully closed. And this had made Kevin to feel angrier.

" off!"Kevin yelled. His jaw was tensed as he clenched his teeth tightly, resisting the pain he had in his weak heart.

"I need to bring you back."Kibum stubbornly pushed the door, making it slid to the right to give him more access to talk with Kevin. Kibum quickly stepped into the room while Kevin took a few steps backward.

"I don't want to go back! I'm not his real brother!"Kevin shouted. His heart was moving up and down right now. His breathe was harsh and his eyes were threatening him to cry. Just thinking about it already made him mad and heartbroken. No one knew how much pain he had to go through yet they still wanted to add another pain for him?

"Please, Kevin. Kiseop needs you."Kibum begged, taking a few more steps forward, hoping that Kevin would listen. But Kibum knew he wouldn't. He knew how much hurt Kevin felt when he found out and he didn't expect Kevin to listen to him after all the things the blonde guy had go through.

Sounds of footsteps approaching were heard outside of the room and soon, almost half of the old ladies were surrounding the front door. Worried showed upon their brows once they captured the scene. Kevin looked really mad and Kibum seems to keep begging him again and again.

It's like a war.

"I don't want to see his face again."Kevin growled. His fist was tightly clenched as Kiseop's image drew in his mind. He hated it. He hated how much memories he had been kept with Kiseop. He hated how much he can't forget about him. And he hated it, every time he tried to say that he hated him when the truth is - he's still in love with him.

"Please, Kevin. I'm begging you."Kibum pleaded. His eyes almost become watery. He doesn't even know why. Maybe because he felt that he was the fault that things like this happened. Or maybe he was scared that Kevin wouldn't really get to meet Kiseop again.

"Kiseop is in the hospital now. And he really needs you."And that's when Kevin's heart seems to skip a beat. His mind was whirling once he heard Kibum's statement. The thought of Kiseop lying on the sick bed crossed his mind. Kevin stared at Kibum in fear. His body was feeling numb now and soon in started to tremble. 

No.

There's no way Kiseop could be in hospital.

There's no way that his love was laying on the sick bed now.

There's no way that he can turned like that.



 

Kevin stepped onto the stairs weakly. He was feeling scared. His heart was beating really hard right now, threatening him that it soon will explode in no time. Kevin gulped in fear. His hand was laid onto the wall as he tried to force his legs to move. But they didn't. Instead, they remained there like a statue. Even though he had tried his best, his legs were still going against him.

"Please, Kevin."Kibum pleaded, making the blonde guy to look up at him. Kevin sighed heavily. He's not sure what he was doing right now. Was he mad? He had promised himself that he will not meet Kiseop anymore but he still broke it.

Why?

Even Kevin didn't know it. He can't really think right now. The only thing that had stored in his brain was Kiseop and only Kiseop. Gosh, how much had he been in love with the brunette?

After taking a few moments to make his breath steady, Kevin finally started to climb up the stairs once again. Kibum followed beside him just in case if Kevin changed his mind to meet Kiseop. It took about fifteen minutes until they arrived at the second floor of the medical building. Kevin swallowed a mouthful of his saliva as he walked toward Kiseop's room.

Once they got at the corridor, Kevin saw three people had just got out off a room. And he knew all three of them. Min Young, Hoon and AJ, it's obvious.

"Kibum!"Min Young gasped when she saw Kibum and Kevin were approaching the room, caused Hoon and AJ to change their gaze toward the two new accompany. Kevin quickly lowered his face as the three walked toward him. He didn't bear to look up. Not after what he had done to Kiseop.

Just as Kevin was walking, a heavy punch landed onto his face, making him fall backward onto the floor. The others gasped in shock to see what had just happening. AJ had punched Kevin hard on the face until blood went out from the blonde's mouth.

"AJ,"

"What did you think you're doing?!"Hoon was cut-off when AJ yelled. His heart was beating like crazy when his chest was moving up and down unsteadily. Kevin spit out the blood in his mouth onto the floor and wiped the corner of his lips before he took a glance toward the tall guy. He couldn't say anything right now. He deserved it.

AJ went mad when Kevin still didn't give any response. The tall guy walked over to him, crouching down onto Kevin's body before he pulled Kevin's collar, making the blonde's body to lift up.

"If anything bad happen to Kiseop, I will not forgive you!"AJ yelled onto Kevin's face, making the blonde's to wince. The others tried to calm him down. Hoon quickly pulled AJ away, letting Kibum to help Kevin up. The corridor was in chaos a few moments ago but when Hoon calmed AJ down, he relaxed a bit.

But that doesn't mean his anger toward Kevin had faded.

"You don't have the right to meet him."AJ whispered through his clenched teeth. And that had made Kevin's heart to feel like been stabbed once again, for multinuous times. Kibum laid his hand onto AJ's chest, signaling him to stop saying anything that might hurt the blonde's feeling again. AJ looked away, not wanting to look at Kevin's face whose had made his friend became like that.

"Can we go in?"Kibum asked Min Young but Min Young shook her head no. 

"The doctor's inside."She replied and soon changed her gaze to Kevin. Kibum heaved a sigh and lowered his face, feeling really frustrated when they're not allowed to go in right now. Kevin was still looking onto the floor, didn't even realize that Min Young was laying her eyes on him.

"Kevin.."Min Young called, caused the blonde to look up.

"Can we talk...for a bit?"She bit her lower lip as she searched his face. Kevin heaved a sigh and reluctantly nodded. Both of them walked away then, leaving the three males at the corridor as the couple was heading toward another empty room at the building.

Once they got in, silence filled the place. None of them spoke. Kevin was too worried right now and Min Young, something was playing in her mind. Both of them were facing each other now, drowned in each other's thoughts.

"I want you to be honest."Min Young finally spoke. She bit her bottom lip and gulped, wanted to get ready with whatever the result will be.

"What's your true feeling....toward Kiseop?"

And Kevin raised his face up, looking directly onto Min Young's pale face. He's sure she was worried to death when Kiseop was been hospitalized. And that's what he felt too when he found out. But he didn't really expect this thing to come.

"What do you mean?"Kevin questioned, still unaware of what's happening. His eyebrows furrowed. 

"Do you love Kiseop?"Min Young asked back, now heart was beating really fast. She was really scared of what the answer might be. She doesn't want to find out about it. But things were forcing her to even though she tried her best to not care about it.

The room went silence once again. The two of them didn't say anything even thought tons of thoughts were flooded each other's brains. Kevin clenched his fist tightly. His heart was being squeezed right now, debating whether he should just tell the truth. Will he felt hurt and pain again after this?

"Yes, I love him."Kevin finally spoke after it felt like eternity.

"I love him more than just a brother."

PPAK!

Kevin felt his cheek burned at the sudden touched. His eyes squinted when he felt his left cheek was sting. Kevin looked at Min Yong guiltily as he quickly covered his burning cheek with his hand. He could see tears were forming in her eyes, threatening her to cry in another seconds. Min Young bit her lower lip hard, hard enough until Kevin could see it started to get swollen.

"I thought we were friends."Min Young spoke softly, still trying her hard to not cry. But it failed when a clear bead soon escaped from her right eye, falling down like a smooth river. Kevin gulped. He knew she was feeling hurt. When you find out that someone you love was being trying to snatch away by someone else, you'll know how hurt and scared it is.

Kevin knew it too much.

"I can't believe you could do this to me."Min Young's tears flowed endlessly at the thought. It was hurting too much right now. But Kevin was feeling more hurt. The thoughts of never being loved by Kiseop hurt him so much.

"I'm not going to take him away."Kevin spoke, now putting down his hand to his side.

"I've promised myself that I will never meet him again because I've been hurting too much now. I will leave Seoul soon and will never come back. You can live happily ever after with him."Kevin continued as he held Min Young's shoulders. Slowly, he wiped the tears on her cheeks and smiled bitterly at the lady.

"Kiseop loves you, not me."



 

Min Young folded the clothes neatly before putting them into the blue bag. A warm smile kept graven on her lips as she hummed a song.

"You look happy."Kiseop chided, looking at his girlfriend cutely while sitting on the sick bed. Min Young turned to look at him and giggled. Her shoulders shrugged lightly as she walked over to her fiancée.  

"Of course I am. You're finally dismissed from the hospital."She pinched Kiseop's nose cutely as her nose scrunched up. Kiseop let out a soft chuckle when his lover turned back to continue packing up his clothes. He stared at her back and a soft sigh escaped from his lips, knowing how relieved his lover must be.

"Sorry.."Kiseop softly spoke as his face lowered down. Min Young turned back around, looking at Kiseop weirdly when she heard it. What was Kiseop apologizing for?

"I've made you worried too much. I shouldn't really act like that when Kevin left."

Min Young's face fell at the statement. Somehow, her heart was beating really hard and fast now. The thought of Kevin suddenly crossed her mind. She bit her lower lip and sighed. It was Kevin's decision to leave and she can't stop him.

"You don't have to be sorry for that."Min Young forced a smile toward Kiseop, hoping that her lover would stop thinking about it.

"I'm not apologizing for that thing."Kiseop quickly responded. Min Young's eyes blinked in confusion, didn't get what Kiseop was trying to say.

"To tell the truth.."Kiseop bit his lower lip.

"My heart changed without I noticed."The room suddenly went silent for a while.

"When you left me a year ago, I felt useless. I wasn't being organized until I find a new hope. I found out that I have a brother and I admitted that I really want to meet him. When I first time met Kevin, I felt really different. I was always happy. I'm always energized just like how I felt when I'm with you. I thought that it was just brotherly love until he left me."

Min Young looked at Kiseop as her heart beat faster.

"That moment, I knew that I love him. I love him more than anything."Kiseop finally confessed. Somehow, his heart hurt when he said it. Now, he knew how hurt it is when you love someone whom you can't never get.

"But I know we weren't fated to be together. Because my love toward him was just a mistake."Kiseop smiled bitterly at Min Young. 

"Right now, let's do the best for our relationship."

Min Young remained silent on the spot. She couldn't really say anything. Kiseop's confession was too sudden and she didn't really expect it at all. God, what have she done? Was she the fault that Kevin and Kiseop couldn't be together? Was she the one who had been the wall for their love all this time?

But why?

Why does this need to happen?

"Kiseop.."Min Young called, caused Kiseop who was patting the pillow to look at her.

"I have something to give you."She said as she took out a small folded paper from her pocket. The paper was already scrunched. She offered it to Kiseop, waiting for him to take it. But Kiseop was feeling weird. There's something with the paper. He heaved a sigh and slowly took the paper from his lover despite all the worried feeling he had in his heart.

Slowly, Kiseop unfolded the paper, carefully to not let it get ripped. And once the paper was unfolded, a nice handwriting filled almost half of it. And Kiseop could do nothing except to go through the contents.

 

Dear friend,

It had been quite a long time since I’ve doing this, right? Do you miss me? I’m sure you wouldn’t. You have never read my letter though. If you have, I’m sure you would have replied me. I bet you know the reason why I’m writing this confession letter again.

Do you remember about the guy I told you before? The one that claimed me as his brother? Yes, he’s my brother….and unfortunately, my truly love.

I know this is crazy. I shouldn’t fall for a man especially when he’s my own brother. But I can’t help it. I was trying really hard to forget about him. I was trying really hard to prevent my feelings from keep growing. But…the more I tried, the worse it become.

It’s so sad to know he loves someone else but it’s even sadder to know that we are forbidden to love each other. Every time I see him, I resist the urge to hug him. I resist the urge to hold his hand. I resist the urge to confess to him.

I don’t know. I want him to be happy. But even though I’m glad to see him happy, deep inside my heart, it broke. It’s getting harder for me to endure the pain. I want to cry but I can’t. I want to scream but I need to hold it.

And I want to love him but it was forbidden.

If only the person who’s reading this letter turns to be him, I would sincerely say that I’m truly falling in love with him. I would truly say that I’m craving for his love.

And I would happily say that he, Lee Kiseop, is the one that I’m madly in love with.

 

Kiseop gulped once he finished reading the content. His heart was beating angrily now. The pain in his heart started to form just like how when the day Kevin left him. It hurt so much until he could felt his heart was been ripped. 

"When I got back from your office, I saw a balloon from the sky. It came to me and I realized there was a paper tied onto it."Min Young's eyes started to become watery.

"Your love toward Kevin was not a mistake, Kiseop."Tears finally fall from her eyes.

"It's fate."



 

"Sunghyun, get your off the chair and help me over here!"An old lady yelled as she tried her best to lift the pail filled with hot water. Kevin annoyedly rolled his eyes and quickly stood up, doesn't want the old lady to keep yelling at him despite the fact that he had done almost all of the works in the house.

"Stop shouting, halmoni. You're bleeding my ears."Kevin scoffed and quickly bent down to help the old lady. The old lady snorted and glared at him. 

"Oh my, what's wrong with this kid. You're starting to be rude."She knocked Kevin's head, making the blonde to wince in pain. Kevin quickly put down the pail and rubbed his burning head while looking at the old lady who was smirking at him.

"Halmoni, why do you always do that?!"Kevin hissed. The old lady snorted and placed both of her hands onto her waist as she gave the young guy an annoyed look.

"Because I want to teach you how to be polite."She beamed.

"Go and put this water there. Then wash all the clothes."The old lady commanded before walked away, leaving Kevin alone. Kevin looked at her in annoyance as he rolled his eyes.

"Great, great. Just order me to do anything and rest your big on the floor."He scoffed but the only thing he got next was a ladle threw at him right on his head.

"HALMONI!"

"You deserved that."

 

Once Kevin finished washing the dirty clothes, he walked over to the hang and started to dry the clothes. It had been three months now since he lived with the old ladies in this house. And he admitted that those old ladies just can't leave him alone in peace. They often make him do all the works. But he liked being here.

Free from all the pains.

Kids were chasing with each other beside him as he hang the clothes neatly. Unknowingly, Kevin smiled. A warm smile that he rarely made after all the pain that he had to go through. But it's over now. He's not going to feel hurt anymore. Even without Kiseop, Kevin can still start a new life.

Kevin was hanging a large white sheet carefully. That was the last cloth. Once he's done, Kevin took a few steps backward, staring at the white sheet that moved beautifully followed the wind. A small smile formed on his lips as he let out a relieved sigh that he's done with his work. Now, he can rest back and go to sleep.

Well, that thought faded when he saw a shadow formed on the white sheet. He's sure there was a figure standing beside the sheet and it somehow made Kevin to feel irritated. Maybe someone was trying to make the clothes dirty so that he has to wash them all over again. And hell no he doesn’t want that to happen.

Kevin walked forward, grabbed the line of the hang and pulled it down as his eyes annoyedly gazed at the man behind the sheet. But there stands the most familiar figure, with his gentle and warm smile, wearing a blue coat with white jeans, just like how the day when they first met. And that's when Kevin felt his heart started to thump really hard once again.

"Hey, lil bro."

THE END

 


 

This chapter is the last chapter of the story. Oh yeah! I don’t know whether you guys like it T.T And I didn’t put the story as complete because I’m gonna post three more chapters about the “After Story”. So, once I put all the “After Story” chapters, this story is fully complete! :D