Cruel Reality

Can I Love You?

 

No one’s pov;

Hoon stood at the front exit, crossing his arms under his chest as he stared angrily toward AJ who was munching chocolate cookies. AJ was standing a few meters away from his lover. His eyes blinked innocently as he gazed at Hoon. The look on Hoon’s face, AJ knew his lover wasn’t feeling happy today. And he knew why.

“You’re home.”AJ grinned, rubbed his palms against each other to dust off the remaining cookies on his hand. He walked over to his lover and slowly spread his arms wide to hug him. But, being as mad as he is, Hoon refused. Instead, he pushed AJ’s hand off his shoulder and slowly pushed AJ’s chest, making AJ to look at him in confusion.

This is the first time, Hoon become really mad at him.

“What’s wrong?”

“Don’t ask me what’s wrong. You already knew it.”Hoon spat. He gave AJ a pair of death glares. Hoon can’t believe it that AJ was having fun all by himself eating chocolate cookies while he was being left at the café with Soohyun. AJ had promised to be there with him but yet he didn’t.

What the hell AJ was thinking?!

AJ heaved a sigh. Both of his hands were placed onto his waist as he looked lovingly at his lover. He smiled warmly.

“If you didn’t tell me what’s wrong, how should I know?”AJ questioned back. His kitty-lips curled up, showing his innocence. Hoon rolled his eyes in disbelief. Since when did AJ started to act like this? Since when did he become weird?

“Why did you leave me with that guy?”Hoon growled in anger, gave up when AJ still acted like he didn’t know anything. AJ blinked his eyes innocently. His eyebrows furrowed in response and then, he snapped his fingers.

“You mean Soohyun? Why? You didn’t like him?”AJ threw tons of questions which made Hoon to sigh in defeated. Hoon walked passed by his lover, heading toward the living room. He approached the sofa and quickly settled his on it as he heaved another heavy sigh.

“I hate him.”Hoon confessed.

AJ tilted his head in confusion. Hoon’s statement was un-expectable.

“Why? He’s a good guy.”AJ said. He walked over to his lover and took a seat beside him. AJ stared at Hoon for a while. He wondered, what had made Hoon to hate Soohyun. To his knowledge, Soohyun is a good guy and is the one whom anyone can rely on.

That’s why….AJ believes in him.

“You don’t know what he had done to me!”Hoon spat, slamming his hand onto the small pillow beside him. AJ was taken aback when Hoon seems cannot control his anger right now. Seriously, what had Soohyun done to Hoon until it made Hoon hated him so much? From what AJ saw, Soohyun cared about Hoon.

“Calm down, okay? Tell me.”AJ slowly said. He held Hoon’s hand tightly, squeezing it gently as a small smile formed on his lips to reassure his lover. Hoon hesitatedly looked at AJ. His mind became clouded. He doesn’t know what he should say now. AJ would definitely get mad at him if he tells his lover. And Hoon hated it when AJ’s mad.

“You don’t want to tell me?”AJ questioned, still waiting for Hoon’s response.

Hoon heaved a sigh and looked away. He can’t bear to look at AJ right now. He felt guilty for not preventing Soohyun to kiss him that night. Even he doesn’t know why. But thank God he punched Soohyun’s face for a response.

“Just…don’t leave me with that guy again.”Hoon muttered. His voice barely escaped from his mouth. AJ tilted his head, still doesn’t have any clue about what Hoon was saying. But he knew, there must be a reason why Hoon refused and AJ doesn’t want to force him. AJ gently patted Hoon’s shoulder and smiled.

“I won’t.”Hoon looked up at AJ. He smiled weakly and rested his head onto his lover’s chest, wanting to ease his mind as AJ gently rubbed his shoulder. Hoon’s eyes fall shut as he slowly drifted into sleep.

“But I can’t promise.”



 

AJ waited in his car patiently. His car was parked in front of a house that had been empty for three years until a new owner live there. He checked his watch and soon looked through the window to see a man in his twenties went out of the house. The man was wearing a grey shirt with black tracksuit. He strolled through the stairs in front of the door and quickly jogged toward AJ’s car.

AJ unlocked his car, letting the man to get in. Once the man got in, he looked at AJ. Confusion drew on his face as he frowned. It’s already late yet AJ still wanted to meet him? He wondered what’s wrong.

“Hoon’s mad.”AJ spoke. His hands were tightly gripped onto the car’s sterring. The man blinked his eyes a few times and then sighed. He knew what AJ was talking about. And he didn’t even feel surprised because he knew why Hoon was mad.

It’s all because of him.

“This is not what I wanted, Soohyun.”AJ spoke once again, now looking at the man who was sitting on the passenger seat. Soohyun remained silent. He doesn’t know what he should say. This is way beyond his control.

“You’re supposed to make him fall for you, not hate you.”

Soohyun sighed. He rested his hand on the side as his head was been supported by the upper side of the seat. Hoon’s image started to draw in his mind now thinking that it hurt him again to hear that Hoon hated him. He doesn’t know why Hoon hated him. Soohyun didn’t do anything wrong, why would Hoon hate him?

That’s nonsense.

“You know, AJ, you make me look bad.”Soohyun finally spoke. His head lowered down and slightly glanced at the tall guy beside him. AJ became quiet. His eyebrow furrowed, head lowered down as a heavy sigh escaped from his lips. Soohyun tilted his head toward AJ, eyeing from head to toe and sighed.

“You love him and he loves you.”

“And you love him too.”AJ cut Soohyun off. Soohyun bit his lower lip. It’s true. He did love Hoon. He doesn’t even know when that feeling started. It loves at first sight. Even he doesn’t want to believe it, he can’t right now because Soohyun himself was experiencing it.

“Look, Soohyun…”AJ spoke once again.

“..I believe in you. That’s why I want you to take care of Hoon when I’m gone.”Soohyun looked sadly at AJ.

“If you love him, you should at least spend memorable time with him instead of doing this.”Soohyun started to advice. AJ’s face expression caught in his eyes, which somehow made Soohyun felt guilty toward him.

“That’s what I’m trying to do.”AJ muttered as he sighed. His head lowered down once again as he felt his hand started to tremble.

“But I should find my replacement. I don’t want Hoon to be sad when I died.”AJ’s grip onto the car’s stering tighten. Just thinking about it already made him mad and heartbroken. Even he himself can’t accept the fact, how will Hoon face it?

Soohyun sighed. His heart was accelerating right now. Yes, it’s unbelievable to know that AJ was giving away Hoon to him. But it’s more unbelievable to know that AJ was diagnosed with leukemia. He was shocked when AJ told him about his disease right after Soohyun found out about their relationship. At first, he was mad to know about AJ and Hoon’s relationship. But then, he felt guilty when AJ said he’s going to die soon.

That’s unacceptable.

Even though he wish AJ and Hoon will break up, he doesn’t wish AJ to suffer like this.

“As for right now, spend your time with him. Even though Hoon hated me, I promise that I will still take care of him.”Soohyun advised. He reached out AJ’s free hand and squeezed it tightly, reassuring the tall guy.

As of right now, it’s not his love toward Hoon that he was thinking.

AJ’s condition is more important.



 

A/N: Really short, I know. Sorry, but I will be going to my hometown for a while and since there's no internet line there so I can't update. So, this is just a short update for you :')