This Isn't What We Thought

Can I Love You?

 

No one’s pov;

Eli entered the café and quickly headed to the staff room. He changed into his uniform, doesn’t want to be slow in doing his works. He had a few days off anyway so it’s time for him to start back working now. Eli walked out off the staff room, headed toward the kitchen and saw a few workers had started their work. He then approached the counter. Once he was at the counter, Eli laid his head onto it, heaving a heavy sigh and stared outside of the café.

There weren’t much people today. Maybe because most of them had gone to work now. Eli slightly shrugged his shoulders and soon the computer to check on the booking list for today. As expected, there weren’t much lists for today which made him feel relieved. Eli doesn’t really have to work his off that much.

“Hey,”Eli heard someone chided.

He looked up and saw a skinny man with a blonde hair wearing blue shirt with black jeans was smiling at him. Automatically, a small smile appeared on Eli’s lips as he slightly waved at the man.

“Having fun on your holidays?”Kevin jokingly asked and chuckled. He rested both of his hands onto the counter and smiled cheekily at the muscular guy.

“Not really.”Eli shrugged which made Kevin to lift his right eyebrow in confusion. He stared at Eli for a while and then slightly chuckled. “Chill up, Eli.”He patted Eli’s shoulder and went toward the staff room to change into his uniform.

Eli remained silent as Kevin’s back slightly disappeared from his sight. He then let out a heavy sigh and went back resting his head onto the counter. Eli pouted. His mind wasn’t really stable right now thinking that he must have had went crazy for some little things.

He doesn’t know though. What kind of things that made him feel worried? What kind of things that made him crazy? And what kind of things that made him feel – loved?

Eli closed his eyes; trying to ease his mind which had completely gone insane right now. Lately, Eli figured out that he can’t think right. Every time he stayed in his house, there’s something that made him wanted to know more; more about the company that had always been in his house every morning just to prepare the breakfast for him.

It’s weird, he know it.

But why did he always feel like that? Why did he suddenly want to know more about the young kid when he actually hated him? Like he cared about him? No.

Gosh, this is making Eli’s life become more miserable!

“Eli!”Eli snapped out of his thought and blinked his eyes innocently. He looked up and saw Kevin was frowning at him with both of his hands placed on his waist. Kevin looked kind of – mad.

“What are you thinking?”Kevin questioned, slowly approaching the muscular guy. Eli was taken aback and gulped. Crap! He must haven’t heard Kevin calling his name so many times.

“Are you okay?”Kevin asked once again when Eli seems to not giving any response to him. Eli remained silent for a while. He looked down onto the counter and closed his eyes to make himself feel relax.

“I’m fine.”Eli murmured but that didn’t make Kevin to believe his lie. It’s too obvious. Eli was lying and Kevin knew it. Lately, Eli was acting really weird which somehow had made Kevin to feel concerned about his workmate. Well, Kevin wasn’t the type to interfere in someone’s life but seeing how awful Eli lately was giving him no choice.

“Tell me.”Kevin blurted; caused the muscular guy to look up at him in confusion.

“You can believe me.”Kevin reassured.

Eli blinked his eyes and stared at Kevin for a while. For the rest of his life, he had never told anyone about his problem. Well, after that tragic day happen to him. But – by seeing Kevin’s eyes, Eli knew Kevin was sincere.

Can he believe him?

“I don’t know.”Eli sighed and lowered his head low.

“You know Dongho, right?”Eli asked and looked up onto Kevin. Kevin’s eyebrows furrowed in response. He thought he had heard that name before but he couldn’t figure out where and when. Well, Kevin did have a bad memory. Eli heaved a sigh when he found out Kevin seems to not remember that kid. He knew how bad memory does Kevin have. It’s not a surprise for him.

“The stalker that we caught that night.”Eli stated.

By that, the scene where both of them chased and caught Eli’s stalker played in Kevin’s mind. Kevin snapped his fingers and looked at Eli.

“What’s wrong with him? Did he still stalk you?”Kevin questioned; his arms now crossed under his chest. Eli shook his head and sighed once again. He bit his lower lip. He doesn’t know whether Kevin will laugh his of when he heard it. He will feel really, really embarrassed if Kevin did.

“Well…that kid – he said he…loves me.”

There was a silence between both males. Kevin stared at Eli without blinking his eyes while Eli was avoiding eye contact with the skinny guy. A few more seconds, Kevin would totally laughing his off.

“HAHAHAHA! ELI, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?”

As expected.

“Kevin, I’m serious!”Eli groaned.  His eyebrows furrowed at Kevin. Kevin was holding his stomach, preventing himself from laughing at Eli’s lame joke. There’s no way that young kid would love Eli. How come he loves Eli when they just met?

Ridiculous.

“Kevin, stop laughing. Ugh, I shouldn’t tell you.”Eli growled and was about to walk out off the counter when Kevin grabbed his hand. Eli stopped, turning his face toward Kevin who was smiling at him. Kevin’s smile was like a motherly smile to Eli.

“What? You want more jokes?”Eli annoyedly asked and sighed.

“So what did you do?”Kevin asked back, slowly pulling Eli to the counter on his original spot. Eli stared at Kevin weirdly. Didn’t Kevin just thought that it was a joke? Why did he suddenly want to know about it? The two males stared at each other for a while until Eli sighed and crossed his arms under his chest.

“What do you expect me to do? Of course I reject him.”Eli looked away. His gaze was flashed toward the pedestrians who were walking outside of the café. Kevin raised an eyebrow and slowly laid his back against the counter.

“Why did you reject him?”Kevin questioned once again. His was giving a mocking smile at the muscular guy. Eli looked at him and tilted his head.

“Because I hate him. How can I accept a stalker’s love? Beside, both of us are males. We can’t love each other.”Eli spat. Thinking about him suddenly made him feel mad. He remembered the first time Dongho confessed to him. It shocked him, for real. And he still could feel that moment. It made him wanted to punch Dongho in the face.

But why did he feel sympathy for the young kid at that moment?

“Isn’t his love for you sincere?”Kevin threw another question; this time had made Eli to frown.

“How would you know?”Eli hissed and gave Kevin an annoyed look. Kevin let out a chuckle. He turned around and rested both of his hands onto the counter before slightly shrugged his shoulders and sighed.

“You see, Eli. Our heart decides who we love. Stop thinking about how much you hated him. You can’t hate him for falling in love with you. And he can’t blame himself either because his heart had made him to fall for you. What’s matter is whether he’s sincere or not.”

Eli blinked his eyes at Kevin. He doesn’t know what had made Kevin become so sentimental about this. And he didn’t know that Kevin could be a Dr Love.

“So what did you want me to do?”Eli questioned as he stared deeply into Kevin’s smiling eyes. Kevin’s lips slowly curled up at Eli’s question. Would Eli follow his order? Would he really do it?

“Test him.”

 


 

Kevin walked home alone after done working at the café. It’s already half past nine and he’s extremely tired. He wanted to get back home real bad. Kevin pouted at the thought and sighed. If only he had his driving license, he wouldn’t have to walk back home. And if only he wasn’t that paranoid of public transport, he’s sure his journey to his home would be easier.

Kevin strolled down the streets. The weather was getting colder as the night was becoming darker. Along his way back home, Kevin’s mind wasn’t really focusing on his surrounding. His mind kept thinking about something else and it frequently changed into another thought.

For example, he first thought of going back home early and get into his soft, comfortable bed. Then, he thought about his salary that would be paid next week and he had wanted to buy new shoes soon. And now, he’s thinking about Eli and the young kid named Dongho. Eli said that Dongho loved him but was been rejected by Eli. He knew how Dongho’s feeling now. He’s having the same problem too. But the difference is Kevin had never confessed his love to Kiseop. Somehow, he felt ashamed; ashamed that Dongho is braver than him. Kevin wondered, if he confessed his love to Kiseop, would Kiseop reject him too just like how Eli rejected Dongho?

After been thinking for quite a long time, Kevin finally arrived at his home which he didn’t expect to be that early. Kevin smiled unknowingly and entered the house. As usual, he will be greeted by the maids every time he came back from work.

“The second young master is home.”The maid chided and bowed. Kevin smiled and was about to walk away when the maid stopped him.

“Young master Kevin, your friends are waiting for you at the living room.”The maid said and bowed once again. Kevin raised his right eyebrow. His friends are here? How come he didn’t know? Kevin ignored his own thought and quickly headed toward the living room; just to see Kiseop with Hoon and AJ were sitting at the sofa. They’re probably waiting for him.

“Hey,”Kevin greeted and earned happy looks from his friends.

“Kevin, come here! AJ and Hoon have some surprise for us.”Kiseop exclaimed and giggled. Kevin looked at AJ and Hoon in response as he sat beside Kiseop. The two brothers were facing their friends right now.

“So, Kevin’s here. You guys can tell us now.”Kiseop excitedly demanded. Oh, if only he wasn’t that excited. AJ and Hoon looked at each other; worried showed upon their brows. Their heart was beating at the same rhythm; fast and hard.

AJ took a deep breath, exhaling slowly before he quickly grabbed Hoon’s free hand tightly.

“If I tell you guys about this, promise me….you guys won’t be shock, okay?”AJ warned which had made both Kiseop and Kevin to lift their eyebrows in confusion. AJ bit his lower lip, his hands were sweating due to feeling really nervous. Hoon on the other hand was feeling scared. What if their friends would break their friendship when they found out about this? Will they boycott them?

“Hoon and I,”AJ finally started. AJ swallowed a mouthful of his saliva and drew a short breathe.

“We are dating.”

No response.

The atmosphere suddenly turned into a silence. Kiseop was looking at AJ and Hoon in disbelief while Kevin, his head was spinning right now. What the hell is happening?!

AJ cowardly stared at his friends in front. He was not surprised with their reactions. He’s sure, both Kiseop and Kevin were totally shocked. The silence continued until Kevin finally broke it.

“Do you guys mean that…both of you loved – each other?”Kevin questioned and looked at Hoon who was remaining silent. Hoon cowardly nodded in response which made Kevin to rest his back body against the upper side of sofa; feeling extremely unbelievable. Just this morning, Eli said that Dongho loved him. And now, AJ and Hoon said that they're dating?!

Is there anymore shocking news that he should know?

“Look, I know you guys are shock. But we truly love each other. We have been dating for more than 3 years and we think that it’s time for you guys to know about this.”AJ stated. His grip onto Hoon’s hand tighten.

“You guys….won’t break our friendship…right?”Hoon finally asked. The most thing he had been worried all this while, he finally get to ask it. Kiseop looked at Hoon. He crossed his hands under his chest and sighed. Still, he felt like he was dreaming.

“Are you guys sure you guys can face the other people when they found out about your relationship?”Kiseop questioned. His eyes were flashed toward AJ who was looking down onto his lap.

“We’ve think about it.”AJ beamed. Kiseop silently nodded and slightly moved his body forward; giving him more access to look at his friends. A small smile escaped from his lips as he chuckled.

“You see, I’ve know about your relationship quite a long time ago.”He grinned which made Kevin, AJ and Hoon to widen their eyes in disbelief. This is the other shocking news for Kevin. Kevin stared at Kiseop; feeling completely shocked about Kiseop’s statement. Well, to tell the truth Kiseop’s confession was more shocking than AJ and Hoon’s.

“But…how!?”Both AJ and Hoon asked in unison. Kiseop pulled his body back and smiled cheekily. He pouted as he thought about how he found out about their secret.

“Hmm, ever since you guys left me to study abroad. Hoon accidentally sent a wrong message for AJ to me. You know, that was cute.”Kiseop chuckled at the thought. And that’s when it hit Hoon’s head. No wonder AJ said he had never received a message from Hoon the day before they departed from Korea. It’s probably because Hoon send it to Kiseop instead of AJ. Ah, damn! He shouldn’t put AJ’s name as Jaeseop in his phone. They were confusing; Kiseop and Jaeseop!

AJ looked at Hoon as he gave him an annoyed look. Hoon shrugged his shoulders and sighed. The two lovers then looked back in front and took a deep breath.

“So, do you guys approve?”AJ asked. He looked toward Kiseop and Kevin back and forth. Kiseop smiled and grinned.

“I approved a long time ago.”He showed them a thumb up and chuckled.

“I don’t.”Kevin interrupted which had made the three males to look at him in confusion. Kevin looked up at his friends and brother as he drew a long breathe.

“Not until you guys promised to buy me ice-cream.”The skinny guy laughed. The others chuckled at how serious Kevin was before and promised him that they will absolutely buy him some ice-cream. AJ and Hoon looked at each other. They were feeling relieved now. All their worries have been faded away. The only thing they need to do now is to protect their relationship from being destroyed by other’s company.

“I didn’t know I’ve been surrounded by gay people all this time.”Kevin chuckled at the thought as small smile appeared on his lips.

Somehow, his heart was getting stronger now. Stronger enough for him to muster up his courage and confessed his love to his own brother, Lee Kiseop.

 


 

TA-DAH! New chapter up. I know it’s , LOL! Sorry if I take such a long time to update. Anyway, I hope you guys like it A LOT XDD Oh, I’ve created a new fic called Tick Tock. I hope you guys can go and subscribe. :) I’m going to update that fic soon after I’ve finished with this fic which will end…..real soon. keke