Friends?

Can I Love You?

 

No one’s pov;

Eli walked out off the room as soon as he finished putting on his cloth. The sounds of the spatula collided with the frying pan was heard at the kitchen. Eli lazily walked toward the kitchen and stopped at the doorway. There, he laid his back against the wall and stared at the young boy who was trying his best in cooking the meals.

Eli watched him silently as he crossed his arms under his chest.

The boy’s eyes didn’t leave the frying pan in front him. His hands were actively stirring the half-cooked meal in the frying pan. Sometimes, he winced when the steam gently hit his eyes. Eli remained silent. Every of the boy’s moves, he caught them in his eyes; his dark eyes.

Dongho on the other hand was focusing on his cooking until he didn’t realize Eli was watching him. He had this urge to make a special lunch for Eli, the guy whom he had loved so much now. Even though Eli was acting really harsh toward him, that didn’t made him stop from keep chasing his ideal guy.

No matter what happen – he WILL make Eli fall for him.

“Oh! You’ve take your bath.”Dongho exclaimed as soon as he saw Eli.

Eli blinked his eyes and pulled his body off the doorway. He steadily cleared his throat and walked over to the sink to wash his hands. It’s more to avoid eye contact with Dongho.

“Why don’t you sit first? I’ll serve you your foods in a few more minutes.”Dongho happily stated and continued stirring on the frying pan. Eli walked passed by the younger guy and headed toward the refrigerator. He opened it, took out a box of fresh milk before grabbed a glass near the place he was standing.

“Who said I’m going to eat your foods?”Eli questioned while pouring the milk into the glass. His back was laid onto the cabinet as he drank the milk. His eyes were staring coldly at Dongho. Dongho looked at Eli guiltily when he heard it. It’s kind of heartbreaking when Eli seems to refuse his cooking.

“But I cook these just for you.”He pouted; eyes were looking sadly at the foods he had cooked.

Eli took a glance at Dongho and rolled his eyes. “I didn’t ask you to cook for me.”He muttered and put the half empty glass onto the cabinet. Eli was about to walk out off the kitchen when Dongho stopped him.

“At least have a taste.”Dongho blurted and looked down. His voice made Eli stopped and turned around. Eli gave the younger guy a look and then changed his gaze toward the foods that Dongho had prepared. It was an eerily silent as none of them spoke.

In Eli’s mind, he was debating whether he should have a taste or not. You know, eating the food that someone you hate. That’s a no, no for him. As for Dongho, his heart was beating like crazy. He doesn’t know whether Eli would taste some of his food. But the feeling of Eli would leave instead of eating his cook is 90 over 100 percent.

Eli heaved a sigh after thinking for like forever. He then walked over to the table and sat steadily.

“Where’s the food? Serve it quick. I need to go out.”Eli commanded. By that, Dongho’s face lit up as soon as he heard it. He doesn’t expect it though that Eli would agree to eat his foods. Butterflies dance in his stomach as his heart bloomed.

Dongho quickly started to serve the foods for Eli. As a bright smile spread on his face, he scooped rice for Eli and handed him the side dishes. Eli remained silent and grabbed the chopstick beside his rice bowl and started to eat.

He took a fried cabbage and inserted into his mouth before scooped a spoon of rice and entered it in his mouse. The cabbage and the rice chewed together in his mouth slowly. Dongho was feeling happy. Extremely happy.

But that feeling faded when he heard Eli let out a heavy sigh and put down his chopsticks.

“Are you going to let me eat this?”Eli questioned. Frustration drew on his face. Dongho was taken  aback when he heard it. Guilt shows upon his brows.

“W-What’s wrong? Is it bad?”Dongho stuttered. There’s no way it would taste bad, right? He had put his heart and soul into the cooking.

“Taste it yourself.”Eli growled while crossing his arms under his chest. His eyes were staring deeply at Dongho. Dongho gulped and took the chopstick before shoving them into the bowl of fried cabbage and eat it. He chewed slowly. His heart was beating really fast.

What would it taste like?

“It’s – fine.”Dongho beamed and looked at Eli weirdly. The fried cabbage tastes good. There’s no flaw in the foods. So why does Eli said it doesn’t taste good at all?

“Fine?”Eli snorted.

“I’m sure there’s something wrong with your taste buds.”He stood up and pushed the chair off his body. Eli then heaved a sigh and walked away; leaving Dongho dumbfounded. He walked toward the front door, putting on his shoes and ready to go out.

He can’t stand it, staying at his own house with the freak boy. He needed fresh air. As soon as Eli put on his shoes, he walked out off the house and slammed the door shut; making Dongho to flinch in the kitchen.

Dongho stared at the food that he had served on the table. There were a lot. All of them; he made just for Eli. But it seems like Eli didn’t appreciate it at all. And that – makes him heartbroken.

 


 

Kevin was having a day off today. He wanted to rest for a while after being really busy yesterday since Eli didn’t come to work. He went out; taking some fresh air outside while walking along the route.

The other people are busy with their own business. Some of them were walking with their partners, some were buying stuffs at shops and some were just sitting at the benches; probably taking some fresh air just like him.

Automatically, a small smile spread on Kevin’s face. His shoulders slightly shrugged as he inhaled the fresh oxygen in Seoul. Kiseop wasn’t at home today since he had works in the office and Kevin was feeling bored staying at the big mansion.

The other maids were busy cleaning the house and insist to have a chat with him. That’s why he finally decided to just go out and learn the world for a while.

Kevin was walking passed by a few shops for teenagers. He flashed a look at the buildings and silently smiled. For the rest of his life, he had never go to that kind of places before. He had never experience a teenager’s life.

His teenage life was hard before. Working 24 hour for seven days just to earn some money so he could survive. He would work at the morning until midnight and then would sleep at the streets if he was feeling tired. The money that he earned will be used to buy some foods and his clothes.

Kevin slipped both of his hands into the pockets and heaved a sigh. That was – a sad yet cute memories. It’s a memory that he now can laugh at. He’s grateful now that Kiseop ‘s willing to find him even though they haven’t met before.

Because of Kiseop, Kevin could finally leave his miserable life and start anew.

 

Kevin continued walking and suddenly was feeling thirsty. He saw a café near to where he was standing and decided to stop by. Thank God it wasn’t a café that he worked for. If it is, his boss would be mad at him for lying that he’s sick.

Kevin giggled at the thought and quickly entered the building. The bell jiggled when the top of the door hit it. As soon as Kevin entered, he saw a long line at the counter which made his jaw almost dropped.

“This will be long.”Kevin sighed and then shook his head vigorously. He queue up and waited until his turn. Times passed and after a few minutes, the counter was a few people away from him. He was feeling happy of course as he started to observe the menu on the board.

Kevin had the urge to try some new drinks so he went through all the choices. As he was drown in his thoughts, someone accidentally pushed him from the back; making Kevin to almost stumbled forward.

“Oops! Sorry.”Kevin heard a voice behind him. He turned around and saw a woman in a yellow blouse was bowing clumsily at him again and again. When the woman raised her head up, Kevin’s eyes widened in disbelief.

It was that woman…Kim Min Young.

“Hey! It’s you!”Min Young exclaimed when she realized the guy she knocked onto was Kevin. Kevin awkwardly smiled at her; suddenly was feeling uncomfortable.

“What are you doing here?”Min Young asked. Her eyes were sparkling as she threw Kevin such a question.

“I-I’m buying….s-some drinks.”Kevin stuttered as a small awkward smile formed on his lips. “What about you?”He asked back, trying to get out off the awkward situation.

“Emm, I’m from Kiseop’s office actually. I stop by here to ease my mind for a while.”Min Young giggled when she answered. Kevin frowned. Ease her mind? Is she facing any problems?

“Oh yeah! Since we accidentally meet here, would you like to join me?”Min Young showed the guy a pair of puppy eyes as she pleaded. Kevin was taken aback with the sudden invitation and thought for a while. Could he – for God sake – agreed? He meant, Min Young had been the obstacle for his love toward Kiseop so why should he be nice to her?

Kevin shook his head vigorously; letting all the crazy thoughts to go away. He heaved a sigh and smiled at the girl in front of him. The girl that had locked Kiseop’s heart from anyone else. How lucky..

“Sure.”

 


 

Kevin and Min Young sat on the table for two. Both of them were facing each other. Two cups of Mocha was placed in front of them as they were chatting.

“I didn’t know both of us love Mocha.”Min Young chided as she placed both of her hands onto the table while staring happily at Kevin. Kevin’s lips formed a small smile. Well, he didn’t know about it too.

“You know, Kiseop told me about you. A lot.”Min Young continued. Kevin looked at her and tilted his head in confusion.

“R-Really?”

Min Young nodded in reply and giggled. “When we first met again, Kiseop seems really cheerful. He looks so different when the last time I see him a year ago.”She continued and smiled. Kevin then was drown into the thought of Kiseop. Of course he was different.

A year ago, their father died and Min Young left him alone with no one for him to rely on. He was in state of shock rather than how he look today.

“It must’ve because of you.”Min Young’s statement startled Kevin. Kevin blinked his eyes innocently a few times. “Huh?”

“Thank you for making him happy. I don’t know how should I pay you.”Min Young smiled lovingly which made Kevin’s heart to beat faster. “You know, I love Kiseop. So much – more than how I love myself.”Min Young started to play her fingers onto the table as she rested her cheek onto her left palm.

“I know it’s bad to leave him alone last year, but there’s nothing else I can do.”She shrugged and sighed. Kevin remained silent for a while. His eyes were staring at Min Young eagerly. He thought about how Kiseop must’ve felt about it. Kevin heaved a sigh. He mustered up all of his courage and took a deep breath before exhaled calmly.

“Why did you leave Kiseop?”

That question made Min Young to raise her head up and stared at Kevin. The two of them were in silence. Lips were pressed against each other tightly. Min Young heaved a sigh as her shoulders deflated.

“Chance only came once.”She replied. Kevin’s eyebrow narrowed. He was waiting for more explanation from Min Young. That answer didn’t explain everything.

“Ever since I was little, being a stage actress is my dream.”She continued.

“Kiseop and I had been in a relationship since our high school and he knew about my dream. Last year, I received a call from my school; saying that I was called for an entrance exam in Norway. I was feeling happy about the news so I told Kiseop about it. He was feeling happy too.”Min Young stated.

“But….a week before my flight to Norway – that thing happened. His father died and that had made Kiseop to be in a state of shock.”Min Young’s head slightly fall down.

“Kiseop asked to me not go and stay by his side but…I can’t. I’ve dream about being a stage actress but deep in my heart, I can’t leave him alone.”Min Young raised her head up and looked at Kevin guiltily.

“Even if I was given a choice, I still couldn’t. I know I shouldn’t leave him but…I was in dilemma too.”Min Young bit her lower lip as she sighed. Kevin stared at her and somehow – he thought about it. What if he was in Min Young’s shoes?

Will he do the same?

“And I know I deserved how AJ and Hoon hated me. It was my fault.”She sighed once again.

“You knew?”Kevin questioned as his eyebrow rose. Min Young looked at her and forced a smile on her face. “Of course! We’ve been friends for a long time. How can I not know since the way they treated me now is obviously different from before.”Min Young let out a chuckle.

Kevin heaved a sigh and rested his back body against the upper side of the chair. He crossed his arms under his chest and sighed once again.

“You know, Kevin. I wanted to know more about you. I didn’t get to meet you earlier just like how I met the others.”Min Young chided; caused Kevin to look up at her.

“I know you must’ve been mad at me too for Kiseop just like AJ and Hoon but…I do…really wanted to be friends with you.”She continued and smiled lovingly at the slim guy in front of him. Kevin was taken aback. He silently gulped when he heard Min Young’s wish.

Be friends with him?

How would that even be possible?

They are more to – rivals to be honest.

Kevin stared at Min Young who kept smiling at him. He doesn’t know but why Min Young’s smile had some aura that could softened his heart.

“I’m not mad.”Kevin blurted and shook his head no. A small smile formed on his lips as he replied. Min Young’s eyes sparkled at the answer as she brought her body closer toward him. “Really?!”She beamed excitedly.

Kevin nodded and smiled.

“Well, can we be friends then?”Min Young asked as she quickly extended her hand towards Kevin. Kevin stared at her hands and silently smiled. “For sure.”He coed and took her hands. Both parties shook hands and that had made Min Young to feel glad.

But as for Kevin, he wasn’t still sure.

Is he sincere…..or not?