What To Expect

Can I Love You?

 

No one’s pov;

Soo Hyun pulled his luggage and entered his new home. Once he’s at the doorway, Soo Hyun heaved a sigh and put down his luggage. He went into his new house and started to take a tour. The house wasn’t that big. It was a medium-sized house with three rooms and a bathroom. The kitchen was located at the back and the couch was quite big. There was a small lawn outside which Soo Hyun will make a place for him to relax.

He liked the place though even he was feeling reluctant to buy the house due to it’s high price. But he didn’t regret it. As long as he has a place to live rather than sleeping in the clinic, he’s fine with it.

Soo Hyun walked back to the doorway and took his luggage before he put it on the couch. There’re so many things he needed to do and cleaned up the house. Guess the house had been left for quite a long time since there was too much dust here and there.

Soo Hyun checked his watch. It was already 15 minutes passed 10 in the morning and his stuffs would arrive soon. Soo Hyun gradually walked toward the front door; waiting for his stuffs to arrive before he could arrange them perfectly in his new house.

 

Hoon was jogging around the area this morning. It had been his routine during the weekend to take care of his own health. He doesn’t know though why he was really fond of exercising. Maybe that came out naturally ever since he was born.

Who knows?

As he jogged along the second route which is behind the third route where his apartment was located, Hoon saw a lorry parked in front of an empty house. He frowned in confusion when he saw it. The house has been empty for like three years so what does the lorry doing here?

“Does someone move here?”Hoon thought and approached the house. He saw a few workers were carrying some stuffs out off the lorry and took them into the house. Hoon bowed toward the workers when their eyes met and soon peeked into the house to search for the new owner.

“Finally, someone moved here.”Hoon smiled at the thought and shrugged his shoulders. He remembered the last owner of the house. It was an old woman in her 70 stayed there alone. They used to chat whenever Hoon jogged in the morning. And he loved it how she always give Hoon advices every time Hoon had problems.

But three years ago, the old woman moved with her children since they wanted to take a good care of her. Hoon was feeling relieved though that finally she has someone who can look after her but at the same time, he was feeling sad too that he no longer has a friend to chat with.

As Hoon was about to walk away, he saw a man wearing a grey track suit and a white shirt was walking passed by him. He was carrying an oven and walked toward the house. Hoon glanced at him and saw the back of the man.

“He must be the owner.”Hoon thought and smiled. In no time, he quickly bowed and greeted, “It’s nice to meet you!”Hoon smiled. The man stopped and turned around to face Hoon. Hoon kept a warm smile on his face but soon faded when he saw the man.

“You?!”Hoon screeched and was shocked when he saw the weird guy. Soo Hyun blinked his eyes and calmly stared at Hoon.

“What are you doing here?!”Hoon questioned while pointed his index finger toward Soo Hyun. Seriously, he was freaked out!

“I’m moving here.”Soo Hyun replied calmly as if he didn’t do anything wrong. Well, he isn’t doing anything wrong. But that’s not what Hoon was thinking. Soo Hyun moving into this area was actually a big crime for him.

“You-You moved here?”Hoon questioned; now pointing his index finger onto the land. His heart was beating like crazy when he found out. No. Soo Hyun can’t move here. If he did, his secret would be revealed soon and he doesn’t want that to happen!

“Yes.”Soo Hyun nodded; still acted as cool as he can. But deep inside his heart, he was laughing really hard seeing Hoon’s reaction. It was cute – for him.

“WHY?!”Hoon yelled and started to get frustrated.

Soo Hyun frowned at the younger guy. Why? Is he forbidden to live here?

“I need a place.”Soo Hyun chided and shrugged his shoulders. Hoon gulped as his breath started to get harsh. No no no. Soo Hyun cannot live here. He doesn’t want to see him. It’s already enough seeing him at the college.

Why did he need to be here?!

Soo Hyun is Hoon’s weakest point! Well, at least that’s what Hoon thought. He doesn’t want his secret to be revealed. People will look down on him – and AJ. People will bash them if they found out. Their lives will be at stake!

“Well, thank you for your visit. I appreciate it.”Soo Hyun smiled calmly and bowed before turned around and entered his new house. “I wasn’t visiting you!”Hoon thought and sighed heavily.

Gosh, this is a nightmare.

 


 

Kiseop fixed his tie while staring at himself in the mirror. A smile of satisfaction spread on his face as he saw how perfect he was this night. Tonight is going to be a big night for Min Young and he wanted to look perfect just for her. Kiseop grabbed the fragrance on his table and sprayed some on his collar.

He inhaled the addicting smell. It was a fragrance that Min Young had bought for him two days ago and he treasured it a lot. Min Young does know what he likes and that makes him love her more.

 

A soft knocks were heard by Kiseop’s door which made him to snap away from his daydream. “Come in.”Kiseop chimed and turned back to look at his own reflection. The door squeaked open and Kevin’s head popped out. A smile formed on Kevin’s lips as soon as he saw his brother.

“You look great.”Kevin commented and entered Kiseop’s room. He rested his back body against the door and crossed his arms under his chest. “Am I?”Kiseop asked. He looked at Kevin through his reflection at the mirror. He saw Kevin showed him a thumb up and giggled.

Kevin walked over to Kiseop and patted his shoulders. “I’m sure tonight will be the best night for Min Young.”He smiled while massaging Kiseop’s shoulders. Kiseop smiled warmly and happily sighed. He stared at Kevin through the mirror.

“Thanks.”Kiseop chided which made Kevin to look at him innocently.

“For willing to be friends with Min Young. She really appreciated it – and so do I.”Kiseop continued. His words couldn’t describe how grateful he was when he found out Kevin’s willing to be friends with his lover.

Kevin let out a small chuckle and happily sighed. “She’s your fiancé. Of course I would be friends with her.”Kevin smiled and giggled. Kiseop slightly chuckled and took a deep breath. “Do you really think I look good?”Kiseop asked once again as he fixed his tie.

Kevin pouted cutely and shook his head. “Yes, you are. Stop it now. We have to go.”Kevin shoved Kiseop forward out off his room. Kiseop let out a chuckle and obediently walked out off his room; leaving Kevin alone.

Kevin let out a small sigh as his smile slowly faded.

Friends?

Will that kind of relationship last between him and his rival?

 


 

Kevin entered the huge building that was crowded with lots of rich people. Seems like Min Young wasn’t just like any other ordinary girl when Kevin saw a few celebrities were there as well. Kevin heaved a sigh when he was like lost and drown in the crowded people all by himself.

Kiseop had arrived earlier since he needed to see Min Young. So Kevin took a taxi all by himself when Hoon and AJ didn’t pick up their phone. Kevin knew it why. There’s no need for explanation. If he was given a choice, he wanted to join them.

But…he only did this for Kiseop.

His brother…and his love.

 

Kevin tilted his head to the right and the left to look for Kiseop but his brother couldn’t be found nowhere which made Kevin to feel irritated. Kiseop can’t leave him alone.

Not at this place.

Kevin sighed in defeated and walked toward the corner of the building where there wasn’t a lot of people. He relaxed his back body against the wall and took a deep breath. He wasn’t used this kind of situation; where there are many people talking, chatting and joking with each other.

Most of the topics were about – money.

Kevin shrugged his shoulders at the thought and shoved his hands into the pockets. He checked his watch once and shoved his hand back. As Kevin’s eyes traveled around the building, he heard someone called his name; caused him to search for the voice.

“Kevin! Here!”Kevin saw Hoon was waving at him while walking toward the slim guy. Kevin pulled his body off the wall and started to walk toward Hoon as well. Both of them stopped in front of a table where foods were served.

“Why didn’t you pick up your phone?”Kevin questioned as soon as both of them were standing facing each other. Hoon’s eyes squinted and chuckled awkwardly.

“The batteries went dead.”He chimed and sighed. Kevin pouted at his friend and shook his head. His eyes then wandered around, looking for his other friend.

“Where’s AJ?”

Hoon looked up at Kevin and blinked his eyes innocently. Then, he sighed in defeated.

“I’ve asked him numerous times. But he still insisted.”Hoon shrugged as he thought how hard it is to ask AJ. He’s such a stone head. Kevin didn’t ask any further. He knew about it and he didn’t expect AJ to present here too.

If AJ did, the world’s gonna end; probably.

“Where’s Kiseop?”Hoon asked now; eyes searching for him everywhere.

“I don’t know. Maybe he went to see Min Young.”Kevin shrugged and sighed. Hoon nodded as a response and then slipped his hands into his pockets. Both the males then decided to have some drinks from the table and talked with each other while waiting for the event to officially start.

It was about 15 minutes later when the lights in the building went off; making all of the people to panic including Hoon and Kevin. They heard the people were whispering with each other saying how worried they are feeling right now.

Then, a circle medium-sized light was flashed onto a couple. The male was wearing a grey coat with black tie while the female was wearing an elegant light pink dress. Both of them were standing beside each other while holding hands tightly.

Seeing them was making Kevin felt a little jealous. Min Young and Kiseop can love each other while Kevin was facing a one-sided love. But it wasn’t just Kevin who was feeling jealous. Hoon on the other hand was feeling jealous at the couple too. They can hold hands in public and declared to them that they are in a relationship while Hoon and AJ – their relationship needed to be keep as a secret.

Hoon sighed at the thought and shook his head to let all of them go away. Luckily, Kevin didn’t saw it.

“Thank you for coming. I hope all of you will enjoy here.”Min Young greeted and bowed politely to the people. The other people smiled at them and started to continue talking with each other while Min Young and Kiseop walked toward Kevin and Hoon.

“Hey,”Min Young chided and clasped both of her palms against each other as they stopped in front of the males. Both Hoon and Kevin faked a smile and bowed toward Min Young.

“Thanks for coming.”Min Young giggled while Kiseop smiled behind her. Min Young’s eyes then wandered around the building searching for that one man who seems to missing.

“Where’s AJ?”She asked bluntly and blinked her eyes. Kevin took a glance at Hoon. His eyes were pleading for Hoon to lie for AJ’s sake. Hoon then looked at Min Young and gulped.

“H-He wasn’t…feeling well today. He asked me to send his regards to you.”Hoon awkwardly stated and sighed. Min Young’s shoulder deflated at the answer. She knew – Hoon was lying. It was so obvious. And she didn’t feel surprise that AJ didn’t come though since she knew how mad he was toward her.

But she didn’t expect Hoon to come too. That’s incredible. She’s glad that at least Hoon’s willing to come.

Kiseop patted Min Young’s shoulder and smiled at his lover. “We should enjoy the night.”Kiseop smiled lovingly; which made Min Young’s lips to curl up. She nodded and turned her gaze toward Kevin and Hoon.

“Do you guys have any free time after this event. I’ve booked a table at a restaurant so that we can have dinner together.”Min Young stated and smiled brightly. Kevin and Hoon looked at each other and then back to her.

“I’m free.”Kevin smiled which made Min Young’s heart to bloom.

“Sorry.”Hoon apologize; caused the three of them to look at him. “I have an assignment that I need to finish by this Monday so I can’t go.”Hoon explained. Min Young pouted and placed her hands onto her waist.

“It’s only for a while. We just wanted to have dinner and chat.”She whined cutely at her friend. Ex-friend probably.

“Sorry, Min Young.”Hoon apologized once again and bowed. Min Young sighed in defeated and shook her head. “It’s okay. I’m fine with it.”She faked a smile. Her heart was filled with sorrow when Hoon can’t join them. She knew, it may be one of his excuses to not be with her.

Ahh, maybe Hoon hated her as well just like AJ. But he’s good at hiding it.

 


 

Hoon had went back home when he received a call from AJ. He seems in rush which had become a mystery for Min Young, Kevin and Kiseop. The three people were chatting with each other under a big chandelier. Min Young kept asking Kevin’s questions; probably wanted to know more about him just like what she had said at the café before.

Kevin, he didn’t insist to answer any of her questions. This is to make Kiseop proud of him for not joining Hoon and AJ. And also to make Kiseop happy. That’s right. As long as Kiseop’s happy, Kevin will feel happy too.

“Min Young!”A voice was heard when they were busy talking. Min Young turned to the left where the voice was heard including Kiseop and Kevin. A bright smile appeared on Min Young’s face as soon as she saw a figure was walking toward her.

It was a guy with black tuxedo and a brownish hair. He was walking toward the three of them while waving his hand. As soon as he stopped in front of them, Min Young lightly punched his chest and pouted.

“You’re late.”She whined which made the guy chuckled. Kevin stared at the guy in disbelief. Could he be-

“Hey, Kevin Woo!”The guy exclaimed when he changed his gaze toward Kevin. Kevin blinked his eyes, so do Kiseop and Min Young.

“You guys knew each other?”Min Young asked as he looked at them back and forth. The guy looked at Min Young and nodded. “I’ve met him before.”He replied and smiled.

“Is it true, Kevin?”Kiseop asked as his eyebrow narrowed. Kevin looked at Kiseop and awkwardly nodded. Min Young and Kiseop looked at each other and a small smile formed on their lips.

“What a small world.”Min Young chuckled, so do Kiseop. Kevin and the guy seemed confused and dumbfounded. What do they mean?

“What is it?”The guy questioned and frowned. Min Young smiled lovingly at him. “Actually, this guy, Kevin is Kiseop’s younger brother.”Min Young introduced Kevin to the guy. The guy looked at Kevin in disbelief when his mouth was slightly opened.

“And Kevin,”Min Young continued as she pulled the guy’s hand and hugged it tightly. She rested her head onto the guy’s shoulder and smiled.

“This is Kim Kibum, my awesome cousin.”