Welcome Home

Wishful Thinking

Days have passed and Jaejoong was released from the hospital. You worriedly glanced at him as he slowly got out of bed. Junsu had left the hospital room to go sign him out. You nervously fidgeted as he stood up. He made a move to grab his bag but you beat him to it, “Oppa…are you sure you’re okay…? Let’s just stay here a little bit longer until we know you’re positively fine.” He chuckled and replied, “~~~~~-ah, we have missed 2 weeks of school and if we both want to graduate we have to go back.” You bit your lip with worry and motioned for him to go out first. You circled him to make sure he wouldn’t fall or injury himself more.

He sighed, “~~~~~-ah, I’m fine! You don’t have to worry so much.” You pouted, “But Oppa~ what if something happens?” Before he could answer Junsu came back and said, “Now, now, ~~~~~-ah, calm down. I’m sure Jaejoong Hyung can manage; he was under the best care possible.” You unhappily nodded and went to go push the elevator button. Everyone filed in and Jaejoong teased, “See ~~~~~-ah, nothing happened! It’s going to be okay. My leg’s fully healed and the minor cuts and bruises are gone. All that’s left to heal are my ribs. They’re firmly taped and healing at a tremendous rate.” You stubbornly turned away and grumpily replied, “Fine, but you have to promise me that you won’t do anything dangerous!” The doors opened and you all walked out.

When arriving home you had Junsu carry Jaejoong’s bags in while you uneasily helped Jaejoong out of the car. Once again you hovered while leading him inside. Junsu bid his goodbyes and left to go hang out with Taeyeon. You carefully led Jaejoong to the couch, and firmly sat him down.
“Okay Jaejoong Oppa, I’m going to go get you something to eat so just stay here and watch television or something.” He nodded and you walked into the kitchen. Banging, crashing and occasional squeals were heard from the kitchen and Jaejoong had an uneasy feeling. He quietly tip toed to the kitchen. He stuck his head through the door and his eyes widened at the sight of you covered in flour on the floor. Pots, pans and dishes were scattered all over the floor, while a pot on the stove was overflowing with water. You winced as you got up and dusted the flour off your clothes. Jaejoong cleared his throat and your head snapped up.

“JAEJOONG OPPA! Umm. This isn’t what it looks like,” He raised an eyebrow, “Okay fine, I just had a little accident, that’s all.” “Just a little accident? You and the floor are covered in flour, and there are pots and pans everywhere!” He started laughing and you joined in after a bit, “Okay, I admit it, I’m not that great of a chef. But how about I clean this all up and try again!” His laughter ended abruptly. *Try again?! She almost ruined the kitchen and she wants to try again?! She might burn this house down if she attempts to cook again!*

“~~~~~-ah, how about we just order out so that way you can rest and we can take it easy for the night. We have school tomorrow anyway.” He secretly crossed his fingers praying that you wouldn’t want to try cooking again. You pondered the thought for a couple of seconds before letting out a smile. “You’re right. We should just have a relaxing evening right?” He exhaled and replied, “Yes, so how about I go order us some food and you can pick out a movie to watch.” You happily nodded and skipped off to the living room. *That was so close. Note to self, Jaejoong, never let her step foot in the kitchen without anyone there to chaperone.*

You both spent the rest of the night cuddled on the sofa eating Chinese food and watching the newest movie Ninja Assassin. You weren’t a big fan of blood and fighting but you heard it was good so you ended up watching it. By the time it finished you had fallen asleep and Jaejoong quietly got up to turn off the television. He smiled at your serene looking face. He crept over and your cheek. He didn’t have the heart to wake you up so he went and grabbed a blanket and cuddled up next to you. He draped the blanket over you and himself, and gently placed your head on his shoulders.
“Good night ~~~~~-ah, sweet dreams.” He kissed your forehead and closed his eyes ready for sleep to come.