Your Condition

Wishful Thinking

You woke up to find yourself in a white, cozy room. You frowned. *How did I get here? Wasn’t I in the nurse’s office earlier?* You looked around to see Taeyeon sleeping on the chair next to your bed. You instantly felt horrible, you hated to see her suffer by being with you all the time. “Taeyeon-ah…?” She began to stir. She opened her eyes and became overjoyed. “Oh my God ~~~~~-ah! Are you alright?!” She started to curse about how horrible Ji-Yong had treated you and that it was his entire fault that this happened. You started giggling but stopped because you started to have a coughing fit. She became frantic and she was about to push the help button on the wall until Jaejoong had come in with his father. His face paled when he saw you in your weakened state but he didn’t say anything. Instead he just walked over to you and handed you a water bottle. You took a drink and looked up towards the doctor. He introduced himself.

“Hello Ms. Choi, my name is Doctor Kim and I am Jaejoong’s father. You may remember me from when you were younger. I was the doctor who’d come to your house to take care of you?” His face softened to a light smile. “You were the best patient I’ve ever had, always polite and didn’t scream or cry.” You remembered those days. *I was terribly sick and I couldn’t even leave the house…* Your face fell, and so did Taeyeon’s. She remembered when you guys had become best friends when you were younger and sometimes you couldn’t even leave your bed because you were ill. Jaejoong on the other hand didn’t know what was going on.

Doctor Kim started to give you a check up. He asked that Taeyeon and Jaejoong leave the room while he was doing them.
“~~~~~, I’m sorry to say this, but you do know that your body has gotten weaker from your heart right? You can’t be being doing any physical activity that puts strain on it okay?” You silently nodded. “Good girl, oh and I had heard from a certain someone that you were dating my son?” Your head shot up and he winked. “I don’t have any problem with it at all. Your father and I would always talk about how we would have had you marry Jaejoong when you got older. But since you became adjusted to your weakened heart, your parents just got you a regular doctor to check up on you instead of me. We haven’t talked much since then but your parents were our close friends so I gladly accept the relationship!” He walked towards the door and when he opened it he paused. “~~~~~ will you consider getting a heart transplant?” Your eyes widened in shock but you couldn’t say anything. He sadly smiled, he was about to walk out until you spoke. “Doctor Kim? Would it be okay if you don’t tell anybody about my condition and I’ll reconsider the heart transplant?” He gave you a look but in the end said, “If that’s what you would like.”

He walked out and about 10 seconds later Taeyeon came running in. “So ~~~~~-ah! What did Jaejoong’s father say about your condition?” You tensed, you hate lying and especially to your best friend. “He just said that I was stressed and I haven’t adjusted to Korea yet.” “That’s great! So everything’s okay?” “Mhmm.” You turned to the corner to find Jaejoong standing there watching you.

“Jaejoong? I didn’t know you were the heir to the most prestigious hospitals in Korea! That’s so cool!” He smiled, “You never asked.” You grinned, but before you could answer your cell phone rang. *RRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGG!!!!* You picked it up to hear your mom shouting, “CHOI ~~~~~! WHY ARE YOU IN THE HOSPITAL?! WE JUST GOT A CALL FROM MR. KIM ANNOUCING THAT YOU WERE THERE! YOUR FATHER AND I ARE ON OUR WAY!” You grimaced. Your parents were making such a big deal over something so little. “Guys,” Taeyeon whispered, “Since Jaejoong’s father knows, you know your parents would have found out already? I heard from my parents that yours were like all time close…” You and Jaejoong both turned to look at each other with the same thought…*Sh*t.*