Regretful Moment

Wishful Thinking

You ran out of the school with tears spilling down your face. You felt like a knife had stabbed through your heart. *I can’t believe I trusted him! I knew this love was too good to be true!* Rain started to fall and you stood there by the side of the road with the rain soaking through your clothes. You bitterly laughed, “Come on Kim ~~~~~, pull yourself together. It’s not the end of the world…” you choked back a sob, “It’s j-j-ust the en-dd of m-my wo-rrld!” You sank down in defeat and sobbed your eyes out. A few minutes later you heard someone screaming your name. You slowly looked up to see Jaejoong running towards you. Not wanting to face him now, you quickly stood up and ran across the street. The rain was making your vision blurry so you couldn’t see much while running across the road. In the next moment you heard tires screeching and a flash of headlights in your face. “~~~~~-AH! WATCH OUT!”

The next moment in time felt like slow motion. You watched as a car sped towards you and you stood there frozen in shock. Right before the car could hit you, you were pushed out of the way in a split second. You banged your head on the road 2 feet from where the car stopped. You shakily got up and felt a warm liquid run down the side of your face. You gasped as you felt the blood run down but what shocked you even more was that Jaejoong was laying on the road right in front of the car. You hastily ran over to him and noticed him lying in a small pool of blood. “Jaejoong Oppa! NO! Please be okay!” You sobbed as you cradled his head, “PLEASE SOMEONE GET HELP! HURRY!” He weakly smiled, “~~~~~-ah, you’re okay right? I’m glad that it wasn’t you.” He winced in pain, “Hey, don’t cry, give me a smile.” He coughed and blood came out of his mouth, “~~~~~-ah, remember no matter what, please know that I love you...” JAEJOONG OPPA!”

The paramedics arrived and they pulled out two stretchers. They loaded you and him onto them and raced you both to Kim Hospitals. You woke up in a cozy white room and you saw Changmin sitting next to you. He let out a sigh of relief when he noticed that you were awake. “~~~~~-ah, are you okay? How do you feel?” You nodded your head, but a pain shot through your head and you whimpered. He immediately stood up and pushed the help button. Minutes later a nurse came rushing in. “Hello Miss Kim, my name is Yang Heesuk, how are you feeling?” She gently probed your head and you winced. “Tender?” You weakly nodded and she smiled. “Consider yourself lucky. You escaped the accident with a minor head injury. Okay, you seem fine to me, but we’re going to keep you here for another day to keep my boss, Dr. Kim, happy.”

She exited the room since her pager went off. At the mention of your father-in-law, your eyes widened, “Changmin Oppa! Where’s Jaejoong?! How is he?! He is okay right?!” His face fell, “Oppa…where is he? What happened?” He sighed, “~~~~~-ah, don’t be rash okay? He’s still in the ER right now. Everyone is down there waiting for any news about him.” It took a couple of minutes for the news to sink in. When it had you shrieked, “OPPA! I have to get down there now! I want to be there!” You yanked the IV needle out of your arm and tried to run out of the room. Changmin sensing you were going to do something like this beat you to the door. He grabbed your arms and tried to reason with you, “~~~~~-ah! Calm down! Jaejoong Hyung wouldn’t have wanted you to do this! Please, just relax and we’ll go down there shortly okay?” You struggled a bit longer but ultimately you gave up. You fell to the floor crying. “I-t-t’s a-l-l mmy-y f-fau-ll-t! Ii-f I d-diddn’t t-tr-y t-oo rrun away then thi-ss wou-ldn’t h-have h-ha-ppened!” Changmin kneeled down and hugged you tightly, “~~~~~-ah, it’s going to be okay. Don’t worry; Jaejoong Hyung is a strong guy. And besides the doctor that’s operating is the best one in the country remember? Or don’t tell me you don’t trust your father-in-law’s skill.” You quietly laughed, “Thanks Oppa.”

He nodded his head and kissed your forehead. “Good girl, now get back on the bed so I can get someone to put the IV back in.” About 10 minutes later when Changmin had made sure everything was okay with you, he finally allowed you to accompany him down to the ER. You held onto his arm tightly afraid you wouldn’t be able to stand properly without support. You reached the ER and saw everyone silently praying. Taeyeon was the first to notice you both, “~~~~~-ah! Thank God you’re okay! We were so worried!” She ran over and enveloped you in a hug. You returned it and shot a guilty look towards your mother-in-law. “I’m sorry,” you started tearing up, “It’s all my fault, I am so sorry.” You saw her walking to you and you cringed it fright of what she was going to do, “~~~~~-ah, it is okay. I don’t blame you. Don’t blame yourself for what happened. My son, your husband, is going to be alright.” She gave you a warm hug and you couldn’t help but let your tears fall.

Two hours later you were leaning on Changmin’s shoulders when you heard running footsteps. You looked up to see Yoobin skidding to a stop in front of you. You looked to see her fuming mad. “Yoob-“ She slapped you, “WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY JAEJOONG OPPA?! YOU DON’T DESERVE TO BE MARRIED TO HIM! YOU B*TCH! I HATE YOU!” She was about to lunge for you again when Changmin blocked her path. “SECURITY! TAKE HER AWAY!” You watched in horror as the security guards came and took her away. She struggled and was still yelling about Jaejoong being hers and spitting out swear words in your direction. “What the hell just happened?” You sank down in shock. “~~~~~-ah,” Taeyeon whispered, “Listen, before you transferred to our school it was known that Jaejoong had a crush on Yoobin and that she was madly in love with him too. They weren’t going out because neither of them told each other of their feelings. But what was weird was that every single girl that showed an interest to him mysteriously got expelled for doing something illegal. Nobody knew why that always happened, but the only clue was that they became friends with Yoobin before it all happened.” Your face paled and you whispered, “Do you think she’s going to be after me next…?” Before Taeyeon could answer the doors to the ER opened and your father-in-law stepped out…