Lovely Renewal

Wishful Thinking

You held your breath as your father-in-law came out. His eyes wandered on everyone’s faces and finally stopped at yours before speaking, “He made it through the critical stage, but he had internal bleeding. We managed to stop the bleeding and wrap up his broken ribs. He has a couple of other fractures but he’ll be okay. They’ll heal with rest and ~~~~~-ah, don’t worry about this. He’ll make it through. He is asleep right now; we’ll call to let you know when he’s awake.” You nodded your head slowly and sank down on the floor with relief. *Thank God. I don’t know what I would do if Jaejoong Oppa wasn’t okay.*

“~~~~~-ah?” You looked up, “Why aren’t you in your own hospital room resting?” All the eyes focused on you. *Oops.* You slowly stood up and sheepishly said, “I just wanted to make sure Jaejoong Oppa was okay…?” You forgot that even though Dr. Kim was your father-in-law, he was first a doctor. “Now ~~~~~-ah, don’t stress yourself over this and go rest up in your room, we’ll call over there in a bit to let you know when he wakes up.” “I’ll walk with you ~~~~~-ah.” You linked arms with Taeyeon and you led the way back to the room.

You collapsed on the bed from exhaustion. Taeyeon took a seat next to your bed and you had a feeling she was going to ask you something. “Do you have something to ask me Taeyeon?” She guiltily smiled, “You know me so well ~~~~~-ah, I was just wondering what happened before the accident.” You looked at her and with hurt in your eyes and whispered, “I was walking to find Jaejoong and when I turned the corner I saw him kissing Yoobin. I couldn’t believe what I saw, so I ran away from them. Apparently Jaejoong was trying to find me and when he did, I didn’t want to confront him, so I ran across the road. It was raining and I couldn’t see anything and the next thing I know I was pushed away and a car had hit him.”

You began to cry, “Taeyeon-ah, I don’t want to be apart from him, I love him so much! What if he doesn’t want me anymore because of her?!” You fell against Taeyeon while sobbing, she tried to soothe you. “~~~~~-ah, listen to me, I’m sure Jaejoong still loves you. You probably misunderstood the situation, remember the story I told you about Yoobin? She almost certainly is trying to create a rift between you. You saw her down there by the ER room. You saw the hate in her eyes for you. I’m positive that Jaejoong doesn’t like her anymore. Why don’t you go and work things out with him later?” You thought it out. *Taeyeon’s right…maybe I was overreacting and there’s nothing going on between them. But, I don’t want to be hurt again…*

Eventually you managed to get some sleep before you awoke with a start. It was dark outside the windows so you were wondering how long you had slept. You turned to your side to see Changmin once again seated next to your bed. *Poor Changmin Oppa. He always has to be the one that takes care of me.*

“Oppa,” he stirred, “Oppa!” He woke up and was surprised to see your face in front of his. “YAH! ~~~~~ don’t do that again” You giggled and apologized, “Sorry, I just wanted to tell you that you can go home and sleep or if you must, go take a nap on the sofa.” He smiled, “Nice of you to wake me up to tell me that.” You laughed and swatted away his arm. In the next moment you froze as Junsu came running in, “~~~~~-ah, Changmin! Jaejoong Hyung’s awake!” Your eyes widened and Changmin looked at you, “Ready to go see him?” You nodded and slowly got off the bed, “Let’s go.”

You arrived to see everyone crowded around his bed. Junsu cleared his throat and everyone turned your way. You now had a clear view of Jaejoong. Your breath caught when you noticed his leg in a cast, a few cuts on his face, his upper body with tape wrapped around it, but worse was the fact that he seemed to be giving you a look of guilt. Jaejoong’s father motioned for everyone to leave the room. Everyone exited the room to leave you guys some time alone.

You shot a quick glance towards Jaejoong and looked away. “~~~~~-ah,” he muttered, “Are you okay?” You stared at him, “What do you mean ‘Are you okay’?! I should be asking you that question! Why the hell did you do that in the first place?!” You began to cry, “You pabo! Don’t ever do anything like that again!” His eyes softened and he motioned you over, “~~~~~-ah, I don’t regret what I did. If I had the chance to do it again I would. I don’t think I could ever live with myself if the girl I loved ever got hurt.” You tensed, “What did you say?” He reached over to you and grabbed your hand, “~~~~~-ah, like I said earlier, I love you. You mean the world to me, and I don’t want you to think that just because some other girl got to me, I don’t love you. Please understand that.” You nodded your head and cried, “I’m sorry Oppa! I was just so upset and I caused for you to get hurt. I’m so sorry!”

He gently patted your head, “~~~~~-ah, calm down, we don’t want anything to strain your heart right now.” He wiped away your tears and leaned in closer, “Just so you know, you’re the one that’s going to be taking care of me for once.” Then he captured your lips in a passionate kiss. Your eyes widened in shock but after a few seconds they closed and you wrapped your arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. After what seemed like forever you broke apart gasping for air. Giddiness seemed to overwhelm you and you couldn’t stop from smiling. “Oppa, you don’t know how worried I was.”