My What

Wishful Thinking

You and Taeyeon were at the mall shopping for dresses to wear to the engagement party. You were scanning the racks for something to buy until your eyes stopped on the most beautiful dress you’ve ever seen. You knew this was the dress for you. You went to try it on and it had fit you perfectly.

http://www.myfashionlife.com/uploads/2007/11/mint_jodi_party_dress_final.jpg

When you came out, you saw Taeyeon already at the register getting ready to buy her dress. You walked up to her and paid for yours. You both went home to go get ready for the party. You showered and were now putting on some makeup. You heard the bathroom door open and you looked up to see Taeyeon already dressed and you couldn’t help but gasp. “Oh my god Tae! You look great!”

http://popseoul.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/25e3-2584-25b7-25e3-2584-25b7.jpg

She thanked you and smiled, “You better get yourself dressed. We’re going to be late soon!” You giggled, “I’m almost done! Just let me put on my dress and we can leave!”

Both of you arrived at the party 10 minutes late. You guys met up with Taeyeon’s parents and were chatting with them. You knew some of the people there since most of them were your parents’ friends. Around 11’oclock music stopped and everyone faced the stage. You glanced up to see YOUR PARENTS on there. You froze and Taeyeon came up and nudged you, “I thought they weren’t coming until next month…” “That’s what I thought too!” You managed to whisper to her before your father started to talk.
*This is an engagement party right? Why are my parents here, and they’re apparently the hosts? Why haven’t I seen them all night?!
“Thank-you all for coming here tonight! We have invited you here to join us in the celebration of a new engagement! We would like to invite our only daughter up on the stage!” The spotlight shined on you and, and you didn’t seem to want to move. Actually, you couldn’t move at all. You were paralyzed. Taeyeon gave you a push and you numbly walked up on stage. At that moment you realized something. *This couldn’t be MY engagement party, right?! They did say they had a surprise for me, but I was just thinking of a car or something! Not an engagement to somebody I don’t know!*
And just as you were thinking that your parents had announced, “Please welcome on stage Kwon Ji-Young, ~~~~~-ah’s new fiancé!” You automatically froze. You looked across the audience and saw that Taeyeon wasn’t moving either. While everyone else was clapping and acknowledging your engagement you noticed a guy walking up towards you. *NO! THIS ISN’T HAPPENING!* And the last thing you remembered was the smirk he had given you before you slipped into totally darkness.