Mutual Feelings

Wishful Thinking

Jaejoong sat on the floor outside of your hospital room. His head was in between his legs while he waited for any information about you. He lifted his head when he heard running footsteps coming his way.
“Jaejoong!” Taeyeon and Junsu skidded to a stop in front of him trying to catch their breath. “What’s going on?! Why are you sitting outside by yourself?! Where’s ~~~~~-ah?!” They stopped asking once they saw how much pain he was in when they mentioned your name. Jaejoong’s father stepped forward and put a hand on his shoulders, “Son, we’ll do everything we can to help her okay?” Jaejoong just stared off into space as his father walked into your room to check up on you.
He slowly slid down the wall and muttered, “This is my entire fault! This wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t said anything! Why does this have to happen to her?!” He continued to blame himself while Taeyeon was quietly sobbing into Junsu’s shoulders. Your parents just stood there silently praying that you’d be okay. Changmin being the keen observer walked up to Jaejoong and whispered, “You’ve fallen in love with her haven’t you?”

His head shot up at once and looked Changmin fully in the face, “How did you know?” Changmin just smiled and answered, “I just do. Don’t worry hyung, she’s a strong girl and she’ll make it through.” Jaejoong just numbly nodded.
It seemed like hours later that the door finally opened to reveal Jaejoong’s father with a grim face, “She passed through a critical point but she’ll make it through,” smiles were seen, “She’s asleep right now but…” the smiles faded, “If she doesn’t wake up by tomorrow morning she’ll be in a coma for a couple of months, maybe more.” Gasps were heard and Jaejoong stood there shocked. *NO! This can’t be happening! She has to make it through!*

Changmin then asked, “Excuse me Dr. Kim, may we go in and see her?” He nodded and everybody filed in. You were asleep on the bed with an IV attached to your arm and an oxygen mask over your face. You looked ghostly pale and vulnerable on the bed. Jaejoong slowly walked up to you and kneeled down on the floor. He gently took your hand in his and whispered loving words into your ear hoping you’d wake up after hearing them. Tears slowly fell down his cheeks and everyone else decided to leave you two alone. “Please ~~~~~-ah, wake up. You have to wake up, everyone’s waiting, and I’m waiting for you to wake up.” Jaejoong kept pleading with you throughout the night.

It was around 4 in the morning when Junsu, Taeyeon, and Changmin walked through the door. They looked and saw Jaejoong slumped over on the bed asleep. Junsu decided to wake him up, “Jae Hyung,” he stirred, “Wake up, go home and rest, we’ll watch over her for now.” He stubbornly shook his head and remained where he was.

They tried convincing him to rest but he refused and they just gave up. Everyone took a seat on the sofa and look over at you. You were still sleeping and everyone’s thoughts were the same, *Please wake up ~~~~~-ah. It’s almost morning.* A couple hours have passed and it was now 7 in the morning. Your parents and Jaejoong’s parents were now in the room. Everyone was seated and waiting for you to wake up. Jaejoong had dark circles under his eyes from trying to stay awake.

All of a sudden you made a slight move and everybody pounced over to where you were laying. You slowly opened your eyes and silently groaned. You blinked away the dizziness and looked up to see 16 pairs of eyes staring down at you. You gasped in shock and your heart monitor shot up a few beats. Jaejoong became alert and demanded everyone to back up a few feet. After the shock wore down you looked around to see everyone shedding tears of happiness.

“I’m sorry everybody…if I wasn’t so weak none of you would have to worry about me.” You wished that your disease never existed and that you didn’t have to make others suffer with you. Unexpectedly you felt a hand wrap around yours and you looked to your right to see Jaejoong holding it. You started to blush while Taeyeon spoke, “Nobody blames you ~~~~~-ah, we all care and love you so we’ll always be there for you. You’re not making us suffer; you’re only hurting us if you don’t let us in on your life. Just promise all of us that next time you’ll allow us to help when you need it okay?” You felt your own tears fall when you heard Taeyeon speak, “Okay, I promise,” you whispered. Nods of approval were seen as everyone decided to file out to give you and Jaejoong some alone time. As your parents passed they both kissed you on your head and walked out. Junsu gave a small wave and Taeyeon gave you a gentle hug. Changmin slowly walked up to you and bent down to kiss your cheek, “~~~~~-ah,” he whispered in your ear, “I know something that will make you so happy when you find out.” You gave him an odd look as he straightened up. Jaejoong had his lips pressed firmly closed as he saw Changmin kiss your cheeks. *Mental note, even if he’s her best friend, never let him do that again within my sight.*

He finally let out a sigh of relief when everyone else left the room. It was now only you and Jaejoong left. You awkwardly fidgeted and muttered, “I’m sorry for yelling at you before, and I want to thank you for helping me with those erts. Oh, and also for snapping at you about Yunho-shii too.” His gaze softened when he heard you apologizing. “I should be the one saying I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at you when I met up with you at the beach; I was just worried about what would have happened to you if anything had happened. I shouldn’t have overreacted.” You slowly nodded and smiled, “Then everything’s okay between us right?” Jaejoong awkwardly smiled, “Um, there’s also something else.” You tilted your head in confusion. “What is it Jaejoong Oppa?”

He slightly blushed at your cute expression, “Ahem, Um, IrealizedthatI’minlovewithyou.Willyou pleaseconsiderbeingmygirlfriend?” You gave him a weird look, “Jaejoong Oppa, I kind of didn’t understand what you said. Could you repeat it again please?” He groaned and you pouted. “Fine, here I go. ~~~~~-ah,” he gently took your hand and looked straight into your eyes, “I realized that I’m in love with you, and I probably have been ever since we’ve met. It seemed like I was almost too late when I had almost lost you earlier.” Your eyes widened as you listened to his confession. He continued, “~~~~~-ah, will you give me a chance to prove my love for you?”

You stared into his eyes to see if this was all a joke. You saw nothing but seriousness and longing in his eyes. You sat up and replied with, “Jaejoong Oppa, I’m sorry…” His eyes fell and he slowly let go of your hand, “Oppa,” you put your hand under his chin and turned his head to you, “Let me finish. I’m sorry that you fell in love with me. I’m nothing but a burden to everyone, but I’m glad that you told me this. To tell you the honest truth, I’m in love with you too. I have been ever since you saved me from getting a concussion on my first day of school.” You beamed, “If you’re one hundred percent sure that you want me, I’m not going to stop you.” His face slowly went from distressed to complete happiness. He grinned and cupped your face with both of his hands, “~~~~~-ah, I love you,” and he lovingly kissed you.