Your Past Revealed

Wishful Thinking

You started dozing off until you could here footsteps and the door opening. The next moment you saw your parents walking in with a concerned face. You weakly smiled and you greeted them. Taeyeon and Jaejoong decided to leave to give you some time with your parents.
“Choi ~~~~~! Why are you here? And I heard from Taeyeon that you were in the nurse’s office this morning during school?! What happened?!” Your parents started lecturing you about worrying everybody and you knew they were right. You sighed. “Remember back to when I was little…?” You mother gasped and your father’s eyes widened. “That can’t be it! You started getting better and everything!” Your mother tried contradicting you. “Yea I was, but apparently I’ve been putting too must strain on my heart that it began hurting again…” Tears started to form in your eyes. *If it wasn’t for Ji-Yong then this wouldn’t have happened!* “Doctor Kim asked if I wanted to have a heart transplant, but I don’t want it.” “WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU DON’T WANT IT?!” your father hollered at you. You flinched but managed to say, “I just don’t want it! What if it was to go wrong and I would end up dying? I’m going to die anyway later so why not just live out my life to the fullest?!” By now the tears had fallen down your face and you were breathing rather hard. Your parents passed a look between them. Your mother’s face changed from a mad one to a sad one. “Sweetie, you don’t know if that’ll happen! Are you sure that you don’t want to get it?”

You nodded your head. “Okay then, we’ll accept your decision if that’ll make you happy.” “Thanks, Umma.” You turned to your father. “Appa, will you be okay with this?” Your father sighed. “How can I be okay with my only baby girl being sick like this?” You answered, “Appa I’m okay with it, it may not be the life I’d imagined but you can’t wish for something like this to change when it can’t.”
Your mother suddenly clapped her hands. “Then we must begin planning your wedding! Let me call up Ji-Yong’s mother and we can start it!” You gasped in shock and you shouted, “NO! I WILL NOT MARRY HIM!” Your mother frowned. “Look Honey, I know you are upset that you have to marry him but it can’t be helped. We don’t know how long you’ll live but I want you to have a family and enjoy life before you have to go.” You didn’t give up, “You said that if I had a boyfriend I wouldn’t have to marry him right?!” “Yes, but we haven’t even met him and we don’t know what kind of family he comes from so I don’t think that’ll happen.”

You then pulled out your cell phone and called Taeyeon.
“Tae! Come back now and I mean now!” You snapped your phone shut and glared at your parents. “I will not marry Kwon Ji-Yong and that means even if I die before I get married.” Your parents looked at you with shock. “I just called Taeyeon and she’s coming back here with the guy you saw her with earlier.” At that moment the door opened to reveal Taeyeon with Jaejoong both gasping for breath and Doctor Kim, looking at them with shock. Taeyeon came running over to you, “~~~~~-ah! What’s wrong?! Why did you shout into the phone like that?! Jaejoong and I ran all the way from the cafeteria up here!” You meekly smiled, “Sorry! I didn’t mean to, I just need you guys up here right now.” Taeyeon gave you a look that showed she understood what was about to happen. Jaejoong was still standing in the doorway looking a bit uncomfortable, while his father walked up to the Choi’s and politely greeted them. “Hello I am Choi ~~~~~’s doctor, and my name is Doctor Kim.” Your parents looked at him with shock. *I’m guessing they’ve remembered him* You slightly coughed. That got your parent’s attention back to you.

You called Jaejoong over and said to your parents, “You guys said you wanted to meet my boyfriend and here he is. This is Kim Jaejoong, Jaejoong meet my parents.” Jaejoong walked over to your parents and politely bowed. “Hello, I’m Jaejoong and it’s nice finally meeting you both.” “~~~~~-ah, you’re dating Kim Jaejoong?! You mean the son of the doctor that used to take care of you when you were younger?” You nodded and your parents just stood there in utter shock. Just then Doctor Kim cleared his throat and said, “Mr. Choi, remember back then when Jaejoong and ~~~~~ were little and we were always talking about having them get married? Why not let them get married, since they’re already dating?” Your father seemed to be thinking if over, but your mother interrupted to say, “But she’s already engaged to Kwon Ji-Yong and if we were to break it off then we’d lose their business contract.”

You, Taeyeon and Jaejoong seemed to be frozen in shock. As the past of you both came out, you instantly felt guilty. You didn’t want Jaejoong to throw away his future for you. But as you were about to come out and disagree with the marriage Taeyeon had spoke, “Mr. and Mrs. Choi, I know this isn’t my business but I’d wish that you wouldn’t force ~~~~~ into marrying that jerk. He was the reason that ~~~~~ is in the hospital right now. He had found out that she had a boyfriend and came to attack her!” The room was silent and she was shaking from anger. Your parents didn’t seem like they’d believe her, but Jaejoong had also said it was true. Doctor Kim had also said, “When she had come in I had a nurse examine her body and we found bruises and cuts on her body.” Your parents seemed to stiffen. Then they turned to you and whispered, “Is this true ~~~~~-ah…?” You slightly nodded after a while. “Oh My God! Why didn’t you tell us in the beginning?!”
You said, “I didn’t want you guys to lose your contract and you seemed to really like him!” You started sniffling. Your parents looked at you with concern, “Honey,” your father said, “We’ll call up the Kwons immediately and cancel the engagement and we’re sorry. We didn’t think that this would happen. We just wanted you to be happy.”

You nodded in understanding and then all of a sudden stiffened. You clutched your chest and began breathing heavily. Your parents started for you but Doctor Kim had already gone to your side. Jaejoong and Taeyeon had gone still where they were standing. After a couple of minutes you calmed down and fell asleep since Doctor Kim gave you something so you could sleep peacefully. You parents both had a look of worry, while Jaejoong and Taeyeon looked shocked. Jaejoong shouted, “What is wrong with ~~~~~?! What just happened?! Earlier she just told us that she was stressed and not used to Korea but that doesn’t seem like stress!” Your parents started saying something to Doctor Kim and he nodded. He turned around and said, “She told me earlier not to say anything but it seems like I have no choice,” he sighed, “She has heart failure.”