Taeyeon's Idea

Wishful Thinking

You were lying on Taeyeon’s bed screaming into her pillow. Taeyeon was sitting beside you trying her best to console you but she couldn’t think of anything. She herself was in shock. She couldn’t believe that you parents would arrange a marriage for you! *I really wish I could help you ~~~~~-ah. But I don’t know how I can.* You suddenly sat up and startled Taeyeon.
“Omo, sorry Tae! I didn’t mean to! It’s just a thought but I’m thinking about calling my parents…” You were mad, and you wanted to know why your parents were doing this to you.

“Okay ~~~~~-ah, I’ll go downstairs and make us something to eat.” You were so grateful that you had Taeyeon with you. She was the only one who could read you like a book. You flipped open you cell and dial your mother’s number. On the 4th ring your mom answered. “UMMA! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS ME?! I’M ONLY 17 I’M NOT EVEN OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL YET! I CAN’T GET MARRIED! AND I DON’T EVEN KNOW THE GUY!” You finally calmed down to hear your mother talk. She sighed, “Sweetie we’re doing this for you. Ji-Yong comes from a great family and we’re sure he can defiantly take care of you.” *Take care of me my a*s. He’s totally just that kind of guy.* You grimaced. “And besides ~~~~~-ah, it’s not like you have a boyfriend or anything. If you had one, we might’ve reconsidered this marriage to the Kwons. Sorry Sweetie I’ve got to go. Your father and I have to attend a conference. Oh and you’ll be coming over and living with us now since we’re here. You can bring Taeyeon with you since she lives alone anyway. Bye!” She hung up. You couldn’t believe it! They don’t even sound concerned! You heard Taeyeon coming up the stairs and you could smell the delicious aroma of food.

“Sorry, but I could hear your screaming all the way downstairs! I wonder if it reached the other planets too!” She joked and you couldn’t help but crack a smile. “Good ~~~~~-ah! Smile like the world depends on it!” You giggled, “Tae what would I do without you? I love you!” “Love you too!” You started to eat the food.
“So ~~~~~ what did you mom say.” You paused from eating. “She didn’t really say anything, all she said was that Ji-Yong’s great, he’ll take care of you and all that stuff. She also said that if I had a boyfriend I could possibly get out of this and that I was to move back in with them since they’re here. You could come with me too, since you live all alone.”

She didn’t answer. You looked up to see Taeyeon grinning. “What?! What are you thinking Tae?” “You said that your mom said if you had a boyfriend you might not have to get married right?” “Yea, but I don’t have one so I’m…Wait, what are you getting at?” Her smile became wider, “Then just get one! Or better yet, just get a pretend one! Tell your parents you’ve had a boyfriend but just never told them. Show him to them and then have them call off the wedding!” You thought about it, it doesn’t seem like a bad idea. *It could work! I’ll just call one of my friends from America and tell them to stay up here for a while! I’ll come home tonight with Tae and then tell them that my boyfriend will come visit in a couple of days!* You became excited. “You’re the bestest friend ever! Let’s pack and go to my house now!” *Let’s just hope nothing goes wrong now…*