The "Boyfriend"

Wishful Thinking

“You B*TCH! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO BREAK OFF THIS ENGAGMENT!” He slapped you and you fell back against the wall. “ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN MY FAMILY’S BUSINESS?!” You shrieked in pain when he came up to you and kicked you in the stomach. Searing pain flowed through your body. You wouldn’t stand for this any longer so you suddenly stood up and got in his face and hollered, “WHO WOULD WANT TO MARRY YOU?! YOU’RE JUST AN AS*HOLE WHO WANTS AND USES GIRLS FOR MONEY! I’M SORRY TO BREAK IT TO YOU, BUT I’VE ALREADY GOT A BOYFRIEND WHO I LOVE!” “Oh really,” he sneered, “and who might that be? No guy would go out with a girl like you!”
“On the contrary you dickhead she does have a boyfriend and that would be me.” You looked up to see Taeyeon and JAEJOONG at the end of the hallway.

*Flashback*

*Oh no! What is he doing here?! He’s going to ruin everything for ~~~~~-ah!* She looked over at your paling face. She watched as Ji-Yong motioned you outside of the classroom to somewhere ‘private.’ Taeyeon was about to follow but the crazy fangirls wouldn’t shut up about you and continued to bad mouth you. She was about to go for their throats until Jaejoong stepped into the room with Yoobin right behind him with a confused face. *That’s it! Maybe Jaejoong will help ~~~~~-ah!* “JAEJOONG!” He looked up at the sound of Taeyeon’s voice. She ran over and whispered something into his ear and they both ran out of the classroom.

*Flashback ends*

Taeyeon ran up to you absolutely shocked at your appearance. But your eyes didn’t leave Jaejoong’s. You couldn’t believe he was there claiming to be your boyfriend. Ji-Yong scoffed and walked up to Jaejoong and said, “She may be your ‘girlfriend’ but she is my fiancée until I let her go from my grasp.” He walked away leaving Taeyeon and Jaejoong staring at his retreating form. On the other hand, you couldn’t stand the pain any longer and you collapsed in Taeyeon’s arms. Jaejoong rushed over to you and picked you up bridal style and began running to the nurse’s office. Once arriving there Taeyeon ran up the nurse said something that must have scared her since she told Jaejoong to put you in the private suite immediately. He gently placed you on the bed and your hair back from your face. *Why did I care so much for her when I saw her getting abused earlier? Why did I claim to be her boyfriend when I rarely even know her?* He looked up at once when he saw Taeyeon coming in and rolling a chair over to ~~~~~’s bed.

She sighed, “You must be wondering what happened there earlier right? Well I guess I have to tell you since you just put yourself in a difficult situation. You see ~~~~~-ah isn’t a peasant girl, her family has the highest status out there with them having the largest chain of hotels in the entire world. When she came here she just wanted to be a normal girl so she pretended she wasn’t rich like any of us. Her parents suddenly announced that she was to be married to that guy you met earlier and she refused. She had said that he was a jerk but her parents wouldn’t believe her. And the only possible way for her to get out of the marriage is saying that she has a boyfriend. So my guess is that Ji-Yong found out and transferred here to ‘play around’ with her.” Taeyeon looked up with tears in her eyes as she tried to beg Jaejoong, “Please Jae, can you pretend to be her boyfriend until this is over? I don’t want to see her getting hurt any longer! And you saw what he did to her earlier! Just imagine what’s going to happen when they’re married!”

Jaejoong looked down at your bruised face. His heart fell at the sight. *I may be in love with Yoobin, but I don’t know her feelings so why not help out a friend in need?* He gave out a small smile, “Sure Taeyeon, I wouldn’t mind pretending, ~~~~~-shii, seems like a nice girl.” Taeyeon couldn’t stop smiling! *Maybe ~~~~~-ah doesn’t have to suffer anymore!* “Thank-you so much! I don’t know how to thank you!” Jaejoong laughed, “Just be ready to hand me a full year’s worth of free passes to your family’s ski resort!” “Absolutely!” Just that moment you seemed to stir. They both shut up and turned towards your direction.

*Ugh. Where am I? What happened?* You opened your eyes to see Jaejoong staring right at you. You blushed and mentally cursed yourself for being so obvious. You turned and saw Taeyeon in tears. You weakly smiled, “TaeTae, I’m fine. No need to start weeping over me.” She started to smile and gave you a small hug, “Don’t ever scare me like that again okay?!” You nodded your head and looked over to Jaejoong. “You don’t have to be here, you know that right? I’m not that important that you must miss your classes for me.” Jaejoong gave you a wink and said, “But a boyfriend has to be beside his girlfriend when she’s not feeling well right?” You blinked. You turned over to Taeyeon and she exclaimed, “Jaejoong agreed to be your pretend boyfriend!” You were shocked. You really liked Jaejoong and you should have been excited about this but you weren’t. You wished that this wasn’t pretend and that he was your actual boyfriend. You smiled, “That’s great.”