| Cheated | ~ For Venice_98

Sweet Desire's Treats | Batch no. 1 Closed | | Hiring |

“Hello! You’ve reached Jun Ah’s phone! I’m not here at the moment, but you can leave me a message and I’ll get back to you!” Message beep.

Jin shuts off his phone and taps his fingertips on the table. Again – this has happened to him for the fourth time already. He takes the cloth off his lap and placed it on the table. He grabs his house keys and walks out of the restaurant.

Jin frowns at the fact that his girlfriend had left him once again at the restaurant. He drags his feet up the front house stairs and jingles his keys in the door lock. He pushes the door open and closes it behind himself. He took off his shoes and went into the living room. He flicks his phone to unlock it and looks for any missed calls or messages – but none had shown.

Jin runs his fingers over the message box and taps to create a new message.

Jun Ah,

Did you forget that we were supposed to have dinner tonight? I made reservations, but you never came. I’ll see you at home okay?

I love you,

Jin

His fingers flicks the light switch to seeing nothing but space. His girlfriend was nowhere to be seen. He let out a sigh and walks through his entire house. Searching every single room but his girlfriend was gone. Where could she have gone too?

Feeling tired and sleepy, Jin walks to the living room and sits on the couch. He takes the remote and turns on the TV. His eyes flicks to the clock to seeing it was almost ten at night. He clicks his tongue and frowns.

Tick, tick, tick

Seconds, minutes, hours flew by and still his girlfriend hasn’t returned home.

Jin’s eyes grew tired and he lets out a yawn. His eyes found their way to the wall clock once again and saw that it was nearing three in the morning. Where are you Jun Ah? His eyes drooped and when he was about to fall into slumber – the front door jingled.

Jin’s attention had widen and he looked over at the front door. He heard light footsteps and he saw long hair. Jin’s eyes narrowed as he saw Jun Ah sneaking quietly into the living room.

Jin watched as Jun Ah was fiddling around with her phone and he couldn’t believe it. He shook his head quietly and let out a sigh. “Jun Ah?” He called to her which caused her to jump. She dropped her bag and phone on the floor.

“Jin!” Jun Ah let out a shriek. She fumbles around and turns on the light in the living room.

Jin got up from the couch and made his way over to his girlfriend. He bends down to pick up her belongings and hands them back to her.

“Jin, you’re still awake?” Jun Ah was surprised.

Jin stares at her and saw her lip gloss was smeared to the side. “Yeah, yeah I’m still awake. Where were you this whole time?” Jin decided to ignore it and smiles softly at her.

“I…I had to work over time.” Jun Ah said while looking away. Jin slowly blinks at her and couldn’t decide whether or not was she lying or telling the truth. His head was telling him to lean towards the first option but his heart told him otherwise.

“Really? Over time? I waited at the restaurant for you over three hours, Jun Ah. You could have at least called or text me. I was worried about you.” Jin pointed out while frowning.

“I…I’m sorry.” Jun Ah looks down sadly.

“Sigh, it doesn’t matter now. It’s late, let’s go to bed.” Jin placed his hand on her shoulder and for the first time in his life. He felt nothing – he usually feels a shock of electric whenever he touches Jun Ah, but for the first time – he feels…empty. He shook it off and continued leading her off to their bedroom.

---

“Thanks for joining me for lunch, Kang Jun.” Jin said while opening the door to the café. The two walked to a table and a waitress came to take their orders.

“Hey, no problem at all.” Kang Jun smiled at his best friend and patted his shoulder. “It’s been a while since I’ve seen you – here I thought you were mad at me.” The friend teased and laughed lightly.

“No I could never be mad at you bro, I’ve been dealing with work and then Jun Ah.” Jin shook his head and smiled brightly at him.

Kang Jun leaned closer and asked, “How are you and her going?”

Jin tapped his fingers against the table and let out a distressed sigh. “Honestly, it’s been strange lately. Sometimes she calls me to schedule a date but then ends up ditching me at the restaurant. Then there are times she goes to work and then comes home around three in the morning. Other times I call her and she doesn’t pick up the phone.” Jin shook his head again and frowned. He let his eyes fall down to his hands. He remembered last night’s encounter with Jun Ah.

The two friends order came by and Kang Jun took a sip of his espresso. He placed down the cup of coffee and looked at his friend seriously, “You don’t occur that she might be doing something you don’t know of?” He asked with an eyebrow raise.

“What do you mean Kang Jun?” Jin lifted his head up and asked.

“What if she’s cheating on you?” Kang Jun narrowed his eyes at his friend. Instantly Kang Jun saw the disbelief in Jin’s eyes.

“No way, Jun Ah couldn’t,” Jin shakes his head - afraid of Kang Jun being right, “I trust Jun Ah…we’ve been together for years now.” He murmurs while looking away. Kang Jun couldn’t believe that Jin was still standing up for his girlfriend.

In the corner of Kang Jun’s eye, he saw a familiar girl with curly hair holding onto a taller boy’s arm. He leans to the right a bit to see if his eyes were playing mind tricks with him or not. He could still hear Jin’s mumbles of worry. As soon as the couple finished taking their orders, Kang Jun let out an annoyed sigh. His eyes weren’t tricking him at all – he saw the couple lean in for a kiss.

“Our anniversary is coming up soon…our third year of being together….” Jin quietly muttered while his lips trembled.

“Years, huh?” Kang Jun scoffs out while tapping his fingers against the table.

“Yes-yes, I mean Kang Jun –” Jin stuttered, but was cut off with a sudden knock on the table from the male sitting across from him.

“Jin, are you seriously trusting your girlfriend who, let’s count shall we?” Kang Jun began while raising one finger up. “One: she ditched you many times and left you at the restaurants.” Jin’s shoulders fell. “Two: she comes home suspiciously late at nights. Where on earth could she be going that late at night?” Kang Jun questioned with a disbelief look on his face.” Three: she doesn’t return your phone calls and I’m pretty sure, she doesn’t answer your text messages too, eh?” Jin bit his lower lip and knew that Kang Jun was only looking out for him.

“B-but that could mean something else?” Jin tried hopefully questioned.

“Uh huh…really?” Kang Jun sarcastically questioned while nodding his head.

“Kang Jun-” Jin desperately didn’t want this to happen.

“And last but not least, four –” Kang Jun pointed his finger behind Jin while tilting his head to the side. Jin blinked and slowly turned his head around and saw, “she’s lip locking across the café with Ray. One of our best friends – face the facts and truth, Jin – Jun Ah’s clearly and I’m pretty sure crystal clear – cheating on you.” Kang Jun stated while leaning back in his lounge chair. His arms crossed against his chest and shook his head.

“J-Jun Ah.” Jin stuttered out.

“Well Jin-” Kang Jun began, but then heard a sharp gasp from his friend.

“I can’t believe it.” Jin muttered out while feeling his heart rip into two.

“Believe it Jin, she doesn’t love you anymore.” Kang Jun rolled his eyes.

“Jun Ah…why?” Jin cried out while stumbling onto his feet. Kang Jun blinked at him and saw that he was moving slowly towards the couple.

“Jin, what are you going to do about it?” Kang Jun got up rapidly and went after him.

“Jun Ah…doesn’t love me anymore.” Jin murmured while walking towards the couple’s table. Kang Jun followed behind Jin. He was afraid that Jin might start a scene. Jin reached for his hand and took off his couple’s ring that he shared with Jun Ah.

Jin halted in front of his ex-girlfriend’s table and stared at the two. Jun Ah turned her head and was taken back. “J-Jin…” Jun Ah was surprised to see Jin here.

Jin didn’t reply, but instead he took the couple ring and reached his hand out. “J-Jin, Kang Jun – what are you both doing here?” Ray stuttered out with wide eyes.

Oh you know, we’re just searching for elephants at a café shop.” Kang Jun sarcastically rolled his eyes at his ex-best friend. Ray flinched at the remark and remained silent.

“Ji-Jin…th-this isn’t what it looks like-” Jun Ah shook her head while staring at Jin. Tears filled her eyes, but Jin could see otherwise.

“Oh pft, this overly used line - it’s out in the clear Jun Ah. You’re clearly che-” Kang Jun began but stopped mid-sentence.

“Kang Jun – stop.” Jin raised his hand as motion to stop his sentence.

“Jin!” Kang Jun snapped.

“It’s fine.” Jin coldly replied.

“Heck no, it’s not fine! What are you going to do, let this two-timing witch go?” Kang Jun was fuming in his spot.

Jin remained silent and dropped his couple ring in Ray’s water cup. The ring slowly sank to the bottom of the glass and he simply walked off coolly. Ray and Jun Ah sat there stunned. Kang Jun shifted his eyes from his best friend and to the couple. “Jin!” Kang Jun chased after his friend.

Jin walked to the bus stop and waited patiently under the tree. Kang Jun ran after him and caught his breath. Jin’s hollow eyes stared quietly at the road pavement.

“Jin…are you okay?” Kang Jun looked at him and then saw a crystal tear fall from his eyes. Jin didn’t respond, but instead tears continued falling freely from his eyes.

It hurts because I loved her too much.

I loved her…yet

She didn’t love me back.

Instead, I had to let her go

I’m still trapped in this love web of hers.


Seunii's Love Letter: Venice_98, I hope this is what you wanted as a wish~ ^^
I sort of added Kang Jun into this as a character for Jin to interact with - you know as a buddy to talk to as he was going through these emotional problems. I hope that is okay with you. Other than that, I had fun writing this ^^ Feel free to request again when the shop is open. Thank you so much for requesting ^^