|Shy Mask|

Sweet Desire's Treats | Batch no. 1 Closed | | Hiring |

Sun Hee Kai

---

“Hey Sun Hee!” A girl carried a basket of apples into the shop and saw her co-worker and best friend waved a hand at her.

“Jong In, what’s wrong?” Sun Hee blinked while placing the basket down on the counter top of the shop.

Kai grinned brightly and took out a gold envelope. He handed the girl the note and danced in his spot, “I’m inviting you to my family’s ball.”

“A Ball? Isn’t that…” Sun Hee backed up and raised an eyebrow at her friend.

“Yes, yes – I know it’s an old term, but they like to use. Makes them feel fancy that way. So, what about it? Will you come? It’s tomorrow night.” Kai rolled his eyes with a laugh.

Sun Hee eyed her friend and asked, “Do I have to dress up?”

“Yes, yes you do.” Kai nodded while pointing a finger at the girl. Sun Hee let out a deep sigh.

“Don’t tell me that I have to wear those really big and fat dresses like in Cinderella – seriously, that’ll make my look big.” Sun Hee glared at Kai who began laughing.

“Hahaha! Oh shush, you don’t have to wear dresses that BIG – geez, honestly I think you’ll look beautiful in anything.” Kai smiled at her.

Sun Hee froze and stared at Kai for a second. D…did Kai seriously just say that? Sun Hee’s heart began beating faster and her cheeks flushed pink.

“But anyways, make sure to come tomorrow night or else I’ll be so angry at you!” Kai waved a hand and walked to the back of the store room.

Sun Hee looked at the gold note and saw the words, Masquerade Ball.

---

Sun Hee stared at the reflection that was in front of her. She let out a silent breath. She patted the dress that she had on down gently and trying not to apply pressure to beads that were decorated on the dress.

“Why don’t you look at you Sunny,” Sun Hee looked up to see her three friends standing by the doorway, “looking beautiful for a certain someone?” The girl with the glasses, Kyu Ri, smirked.

“Unnie, shush don’t ” The girl beside her, Hyo Rin, nudged her and pointed out.

Seo Ri shot a look at the two girls and waved a hand to them, “Now calm down you two – Sunny’s blushing up a storm over there.” Seo Ri pointed to Sun Hee.

“Unnies…you all are going to the party as well?” Sun Hee questioned while staring at the three girl’s different color coded dresses.

“Yeah, of course after Kai practically shoved it into our faces, we might as well go to this ‘ball’ that he keeps rambling on about.” Hyo Rin shook her head and let out a giggle.

“Figured why the four of us don’t go together since we are heading to the same party?” Seo Ri smiled brightly.

“That’s true, let’s get going before Kai sends out a search party.” Sun Hee laughed and the three nodded. The four girls got into Seo Ri’s car and Seo Ri began driving the group to Kai’s house.

In no time they group arrived to where the party was being hosted. Seo Ri and Sun Hee got out and placed on their masks for the event. Even Hyo Rin placed on her mask, meanwhile Kyu Ri just stood there with an indifferent look on her face.

“Where’s your mask, unnie?” Sun Hee blinked at the girl.

“Didn’t get one.” Kyu Ri replied shortly.

Hyo Rin panicked and grabbed the girl’s wrist. “Kyu Kyu! This is a masquerade ball – you need a mask.” Hyo Rin stated.

“…I refuse to wear a mask-” Kyu Ri declined but then Sun Hee took a hold of her friend’s arm.

“Unnie, please-” Sun Hee pouted, “please for tonight.” She begged and saw Kyu Ri’s eyes on her.

“Girls, girls calm down, I have an extra mask.” Seo Ri opened up the trunk of her car and took out a black mask.

“Unnie came prepared.” Hyo Rin and Sun Hee cooed.

“Damnit.” Sun Hee heard Kyu Ri cursed under her breath.

“Now Kyu, put on that mask and let’s get going. Kai’s going to call the police any second now and we don’t want him having a heart attack.” Seo Ri teased causing the two younger girls to giggle at Kyu Ri’s defeated look.

“Sigh, fine.” Kyu Ri agreed and put on the decorative face accessory. The three other girls clapped their hands in victory. The four friends walked to the entrance and saw,

The party was filled with people they knew from school.

“Seo Ri!” A voice called out to the oldest in the group.

“E-Eli…” Seo Ri blushed immediately coming face to face with her crush.

“You look beautiful – would you like to dance?” Eli bowed and held out a hand. Seo Ri turned to her friends for opinions and in return she got six thumb ups.  Seo Ri gave her own thumbs up and took Eli’s hand.

“I would love to dance with you Eli.” Seo Ri smiled at him and he returned the smile. The two went off to the dance floor.

“Well-played, I give him an 8 for approaching Seo Ri unnie that way.” Kyu Ri nodded her head.

Hyo Rin nudged the girl and this caused Kyu Ri to stumble to the right. She bumped into a figure while she was at it. “K-Kyu Ri?” A voice called out.

Kyu Ri stood still and looked up to seeing a male, “C-chan Yeol?” She stuttered out.

“You look amazing.” She blushed and looked down.

Kyu Ri shyed away and said, “Thank you, you don’t look half bad yourself.”

“Thanks, h-hey do you…want to dance?” Chan Yeol asked while pointing to the dance floor. Kyu Ri perked up and nodded.

“I would like that.” She said while walking away with Chan Yeol.

“Hahaha! Now it’s my turn to say, well played Chan Yeol – ohohohoho~” Hyo Rin laughed and Sun Hee giggled.

“Hyo Rin, is that you?” Su Ho appeared before the two girls.

“Joon Myun?” Hyo Rin was stunned and blushed deeply.

“Hello Sun Hee.” Su Ho greeted the younger girl.

“Hello oppa.” Sun Hee bowed and she saw how flustered Hyo Rin was.

“I think I’ll leave you two and get something to drink.” Sun Hee walked off and waved at the two. She walked and looked around to see if she could spot Kai anywhere but didn’t see any signs of him.

While searching, she felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned around and saw a tall male with a white mask. His hand was held out to her. “Would you like to dance?” The voice was suave and gentle. Sun Hee’s lips formed a smile and she nodded.

She took his hand and he began leading her over to the crowd of dancers. She placed a hand on his shoulder and held his hand. The boy placed a hand on Sun Hee’s waist and held her hand.

The music that was playing was slow and gentle. Everyone that was dancing swayed from side to side. Often the males would twirl their female partners gracefully.

Sun Hee kept her eyes on her partner and saw gentle brown eyes staring right back at her. During their time together – none would speak a single word to each other. Silence was the best conversation.

Sun Hee turned around and turned her body towards her partner. He held her gently in his arms and then twirled the girl back out. Sun Hee let out a small giggle and she went back to the position that they were first in.

After the song was over, Sun Hee’s partner led her out to the back garden. She saw a small gazebo with a lights around the top of the roof. She smiled at the sight of the cute sitting area. He led her to a seat and she sat down. He sat down beside her and enjoyed the quiet and gentle atmosphere.

“This is beautiful.” Sun Hee began.

“Not as beautiful as you.” The boy said with a smile.

Sun Hee giggled out and said, “Kai, thank you for taking me here.”

“I wanted to thank you for coming.” Kai took off his white mask and the gentle smile was playing on his lips. Sun Hee blushed and nodded quietly.

“S-Sun Hee…w-would you…” Kai mumbled while his cheeks began turning a light shade of pink. He slowly turned his head to the side. “Umm…n-never mind, never mind.” He shook his head as if he had made a mistake.

Sun Hee looked at the blushing male and grabbed his wrist. “Hold on here Kai, what are you trying to say?” She questioned curiously.

“W-well…I’ve been trying to muster up the courage to ask you this, but I’ve been shy a couple of times-” Kai muttered.

“Uh huh…” Nodding her head for the boy to continue.

“Would you…would you go out with me?” Kai questioned shyly with pink cheeks.

Sun Hee looked at him and felt a creeping blush come up to her cheeks. Kai waited for her response and saw that she was playing around with her dress.

“Yes.” She whispered and he leaned closer to her to hear.

“W-what was that?” Kai blinked.

Sun Hee bit her lower lip and looked up shyly towards Kai. She leaned forward and pressed her lips to his cheek.

“Does that answer your question?” Sun Hee pulled away and murmured. Kai took her hand and pulled her forward to him. She fell into his arms and had wide eyes. He leaned in and captured her lips.

“Yes, yes it does.” He murmured into the kiss. Sun Hee blushed and pulled away from him. 

---

Seunii's Love Letters: Susu dongsaeng, I finished this early birthday gift to you~ <3
HAPPPPPEEHHH BIRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFDAY~ <3
Love Seunii unnie. ^^