|Spilled Coffee| ~ For Seunii

Sweet Desire's Treats | Batch no. 1 Closed | | Hiring |

Qri and Lee Sungyeol

Spilled Coffee

 

tumblr_mzzo675Gl81s2u76ao1_250.jpg

Sungyeol woke up early in a good mood. He hurried to the bathroom and took a quick shower before grabbing his briefcase and jumping in his car. His job at a local computer shop was busy, so it promised him a long day. 

 

Walking into his work, he smiled at his co-worker, Hoya. Hoya grabbed his arm. “Hey, there’s a new employee. The boss was wondering if you could show her around and help her get started.” He grinned at Sungyeol. “She’s pretty, so don’t stare at her and slack off, okay?” 


Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “I won’t get distracted. Don’t worry.”


Hoya laughed. “Uh, huh…sure. Go meet her and see. Have fun, dongsaeng.” He smacked Sungyeol on the arm, which made the younger man scowl at him.


Sungyeol sighed and walked to the break room to refill his coffee. Pouring the hot, fresh liquid into his mug, he grabbed a doughnut and made his way to his cubicle. 


When he got there, he noticed a girl with shiny, brown hair sitting in the seat next to his usual one. He tapped her on the shoulder and she spun around, startled. This caused him to jump back in surprise, splashing his hot coffee all over her shirt. The girl gasped and stood up quickly, trying to wipe it off with her hand. Sungyeol mumbled an apology, feeling stupid. It wasn’t a great first impression. 


The girl smiled at him, pulling on her jacket to cover the coffee mess on her shirt. “I’m so sorry for startling you.” She held out her hand. “Hi. My name’s Qri. I was told that you were supposed to show me around.”


Sungyeol stared dumbly for a moment, slightly irritated that Hoya had been correct. She was beautiful with her shiny black hair, fine features and fair skin. “Uh…yeah. I’ll show you around right now. Let’s go.”


“Great!” Qri grabbed her laptop and locked it in her drawer. “So, what's it like here?"


They started out around the building and he pointed things out as they walked. They seemed to be getting along very well and the time passed quickly. When lunch time came around, he smiled at her. “Would you like to go grab lunch?” I know a little place that has some amazing sandwiches and smoothies.”


Qri smiled at him. “That sounds good.” 


***

Hoya watched them leave, smiling to himself. He knew that they would get along. 


***

That evening when they were getting ready to part for the night, Sungyeol smiled at Qri. “I had fun today. I’m glad I met you.” He looked nervous for a moment and laughed a little before continuing. “Would you like to go out with me? I mean, as a…on a date?”


Qri grinned at him, pushing back her long hair. “I would love that. You know I’m older than you, right?”


Sungyeol shook his head. “I had no idea, but it doesn’t matter to me. I’d still go out with you. You’re beautiful. I don’t care about the age difference.”


“That’s good, because your friend, Hoya, already told me all about you,” she talked as they walked out to the parking lot. 


Sungyeol felt his mouth go dry and he his lips nervously. “Cool. I’d love to take you out, Qri. What do you say to tomorrow night at 7:00?”


She grinned at him. “That sounds wonderful.”


***

When he got home, Sungyeol got a text from Hoya. ‘So…was I right?’


He sighed as he sat down at his kitchen table. ‘Yes, you were right. Are you happy?’


‘I’m happy if you’re going out with her.’ Hoya was being persistent. 


Sungyeol smiled, then replied. ‘We’re going out tomorrow night.’


‘YAY!’ Hoya’s response was very enthusiastic. ‘You can invite her to our next pool party. Just imagine her in a bathing suit.’


‘Back off, hyung…and thank you.’ Sungyeol smiled as he set his phone down. He texted Qri as he was walking up his stairs. ‘Have a wonderful night, gorgeous. I look forward to our date.’


Qri smiled when she got the text. She replied right away. ‘Goodnight, handsome Sungyeol. I look forward to seeing you, too.’ 


Sungyeol smiled as he got into bed. Valentines Day was coming up and he would have a Valentine. He was very happy about that and also about seeing her on dates past that. 

 

Happy Early Valentines Day, Tina <3. 

I hope you enjoyed this story=).

~DGNAForever~Mary=)