|Muted Love|

Sweet Desire's Treats | Batch no. 1 Closed | | Hiring |

The walls painted white, the sunlight shone through the windows, silence surrounded the room which sat a girl in a white dress. Children’s laughing coming from the outside world, the girl silently sat by the window watching the little kids plays games.

“Miss Jang?” A voice from behind called out to the little girl. Quietly the girl didn’t look back towards the voice; she just sat there gripping onto the object that she held closely towards herself.

“Miss Jang, it’s time for your daily medicine,” The kind voice said while walking over to the table and placing down the tablets she had in her hand. She grabbed the bottle of water and looking over at the girl that just sat there gazing out the window, every single day.

“Tinnie,” Kyung Mi, the nurse, began while pouring out the liquid into a spoon. Slowly trembling, the girl looked over at her through her pale brown blank eyes. Kyung Mi went over and sat down beside the young girl. “I know you want to go outside and play but…you are physically too weak, I’m sorry,” Tinnie looked at her. Her eyes sadden and she slowly nodded.

Kyung Mi then gave her the spoon full of medicine and bottle of water. Tinnie sighed quietly and began gazing out the window once again. Kyung Mi grabbed the rest of the medicine and walked out the door. She paused for a second and looked back at the small girl.

Jang Tinnie, sixteen years old, is being hospitalized since she got into a subway accident. She was one of the million people that got to survive the crucial accident but sadly she lost her memory of her earlier life. She only remembers her family members and that is about it. Ever since the accident she has become muted, she rarely talks to anyone and avoids everyone in the hospital except for Kyung Mi. She talks to Kyung Mi from time to time but it is usually a sentence then it gets to one worded answers.

Kyung Mi stared at her and sighed. She turned away and began leaving. As Kyung Mi walked down the hallway, she heard a certain happy-go-lucky boy talking loudly. “Hey, hey Missy Mute,” This caught Kyung Mi’s attention, she turned around and saw Sung Jong, the most happy boy from room S-256, which was across from Tinnie’s room S-257, Kyung Mi saw Sung Jong walking into Tinnie’s room. She crept over and watched from the window.

“Miss Mute, why are you always sitting by the window?” Sung Jong asked while grinning. “Do you want to go outside and play?” He asked while she kept silent. Typical of her usual answers, she never talks to people that she doesn’t know.

“Why won’t you talk to me, I thought we were friends~?” Sung Jong whined cutely while Tinnie looked over at him and glared. She said nothing and began scribbling something on her white board. Sung Jong watched as she wrote on the little object. She turned the board around and twitched. Sung Jong looked carefully and read-aloud.

“Who…said…we…were…friends?” Sung Jong blinked for a second and pouted. “Who said we were friends? I thought the last time this little meeting of ours we were friends already!” Kyung Mi looked at the two and wondered they met before?

Tinnie erased and scribbled something on the board once again. “The first time we met; you were doing all the talking while I just tone you out,” Sung Jong read while Tinnie grinned innocently. Kyung Mi laughed quietly at how Tinnie could be.

“Meany miss mute,” Sung Jong chuckled out while grinning while Tinnie scribbling on the board once again and handed it to him. “Besides you never told me your name Mister Loud-Mouth,” Sung Jong read from the white board. Kyung Mi shook her head and left the two to their little ‘argument’.

“Eh! Hey! I do not have a loud mouth!” Sung Jong fumed out shyly while Tinnie gave him a straight face while raising her eyebrow. “Oh…I do have a loud mouth, but my name’s Sung Jong, Lee Sung Jong,” Tinnie scribbled on the board and turned the board around.

“Pleased to finally know your name Sung Jong, I’m Tinnie, Jang Tinnie” Sung Jong read while Tinnie nodded while smiling shyly. “You’re not fully Korean are you?” He asked and she shook her head.

“I’m a mixed,” She wrote out and he nodded. “What languages do you know?” Sung Jong asked while looking at her. She placed her finger to her lip and thought for a second. She then nodded once she finished and scribbled things down on her board. She then quickly showed Sung Jong the board and there said on the board.

I know English, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Korean

“Whoa, really,” Sung Jong took interest and she nodded while smiling. “That’s amazing!” Sung Jong exclaimed while she watched the boy smiling at her.

Soon a friendship began to form around these two, a close one to be sure. Sung Jong would come over to visit Tinnie every single day. The two would talk; mostly Sung Jong does the talking while Tinnie would write on her board, for the whole day and never get bored of each other.

~~~

One day Sung Jong wanted to get Tinnie a gift for Valentine’s Day, he rushed down the lobby with his money box and into the gift shop. He searched for the perfect gift for a teenage girl that didn’t speak much. Sung Jong thinking about it right now, he had never heard her speak to him before. Only through the white board, even if she didn’t speak to him just being with her made him happy. She was different from other girls in the hospital.

Lee Sung Jong, seventeen years old, is being hospitalized since he got into a fire accident. He was attending a house-party which leads out to a fire from some teenagers that practically ‘burned the house down’; when they were lighting up the fire crackers and fireworks. Sung Jong was a victim for having a third degree burn on his right arm. Ever since the accident, he was practically hiding his pain underneath the happy-go-lucky attitude he usually has on.

Sung Jong looked around and saw a brand new clean set of markers and a big white board. He always noticed that Tinnie always needed a new set since her markers are running out. He nodded at the gift and looked around for a bouquet of eleven roses. He searched around and saw a little teddy bear holding eleven roses. He grabbed the three items and checked out.

“Hey Sung Jong,” Hyun Seung, Tinnie’s elder brother. Sung Jong looked up and waved at him. “Hey Hyun Seung haven’t seen you around lately,” Sung Jong sang happily.

“I have been busy looking around for doctors for Tinnie’s amnesia along with the mute problem,” Hyun Seung answered while sighing. Sung Jong looked at him and nodded at the older man.

“Well she is slowly communicating with me,” Hyun Seung looked over at the boy and raised an eyebrow. “She is sort of making progress with me,” Sung Jong stated while chuckling nervously. Hyun Seung nodded and checked him out.

“Sung Jong, thank you for taking good care of my little sister,” Sung Jong nodded and smiled brightly. “It’s no problem at all Hyun Seung,” The older man nodded and grinned. Sung Jong handed him the twenty dollar bill and left.

~~~

Tinnie sat in the same blank white room, staring outside of the window as usual. She rolled herself and the wheel chair closer to the window. She looked outside and saw birds chirping. There was a knock on the door and she glanced over her shoulder and saw the same smiling bright eyed boy. He came over with his hands behind his back.

Tinnie blinked and looked at him curiously. She pointed at his hands that were behind his back. Sung Jong held up a finger and smiled. He quickly pulled the present forth and let Tinnie see the small teddy bear with the roses. Tinnie’s eyes widen at the sudden gift.

“There’s more, hold on,” Sung Jong handed her the bear and roses. Tinnie’s heart fluttered and she could smell the aroma of the roses. She glanced over at the door and saw that the boy was bringing in a huge brand new white board. She blinked and was speechless and amazed. He smiled and placed the white board in front of her. He took her old white board along with the used up markers away. He gave her a new set of markers and smiled.

“Happy Valentine’s day Tinnie,” He whispered while watching the girl in front of him; baffled and couldn’t stop smiling brightly. She placed her hand on the white board and began rubbing her hands on the white plastic in front of her. She smiled and did something that shocked Sung Jong very much. She embraced him tightly and felt warm tears rolling down her cheeks. She opened and murmured something for the first time in her whole time period that she had ever spent with Sung Jong in this hospital.

“Thank you so much Sung Jong,” The first time he heard her say something. He felt as if he could dance for joy now; but instead he held her close to himself and smiled like a fool. He was happy; he was really happy that he got her to talk.

~~~

A really late Valentine's Day Oneshot of Sung Jong~ :D

For those Sung Jong lovers~