I JUST WANNA MAKE SURE YOU'RE OKAY

THANK YOU, I'M SO SORRY, LOVE YOU.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm sorry to tell you this," the doctor said examining the reports he had just gotten.

Chanyeol squeezed Baekhyun's hand tighter. In less than five hours, their word had turned upside down.

"Due to no treatment, the situation had become severe," the doctor cleared his throat, once again in his life he had to give this news and he was tired of it. He was tired of taking people's happiness and hopes away. He was tired of seeing the light in their eyes die.

"It's in an advanced state now," he finally said, trying to sound as calm as possible. It was his profession. To kill his own emotions.

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol stayed still for a while until the words started to form a meaning inside the smaller boy's head. And that's when Baekhyun cried.

It was not for the pain that the news had given him. It was for all those months he had lived with Luhan, never knowing that he didn't have much time left.

It was for those smiled Luhan so bravely put on his face while he was being killed inside.

"I am so sorry," the doctor said. He was used to this. This crying always broke his heart but the profession. It was all about not showing emotion. 

"Baek," Chanyeol tried to calm the boy down, but he himself was in tears.

"You knew didn't you?!" Baekhyun suddenly got up, angrily pointing his finger at the doctor.

"I..." the doctor stumbled his mask faltering, "I am not allowed to disclose such information to friends."

"We are Luhan's family!" Baekhyun said, tears streaming his face, "How long have you known for?"

The doctor kept his lips sealed.

"What the is the point in hiding it now?" Baekhyun turned angrily and kicked the chair he had been sitting on, making the doctor flinch.

Chanyeol just sat with his head hung low, too weak to be able to say anything.

"It was long before he came to Korea," the doctor said impassible. Luhan's friend was right, there was no point in hiding it now, "I checked his reports from when he was first diagnosed in China. It's almost been a year. There is no cure for this, but Luhan was lucky it was diagnosed so early when there are many treatments available."

"SO WHY..."

"It was the patient's choice," the doctor interrupted Baekhyun, "We don't know why he chose to not take the treatment so I can't answer that question of 'why' for you."

"What about now?" a little light of hope awakening in the boy's eyes. 

"Now," the doctor hated to see that face change from hope to despair but he was a doctor and he had to be honest, "It's been a year with no treatment and by the looks of it, Luhan had not been taking his medicine regularly. His body was too wear to fight this on his own."

"Why don't you just ing say it's too late?" Baekhyu spat. He was not angry at the doctor. He was angry at himself, at Luhan for not taking the treatment, at life for playing them like this.

"I am sorry," the doctor said once again, "I will try to consult my colleagues but, at this stage, there is not much we can do, especially without the patient's collaboration. I met Luhan many months ago when the symptoms first started and tried to speak to him about considering treatment which could give him more time, but he didn't listen."

"So there's no more time?" Baekhyun asked, his knuckles going white as he fisted his hands.

"I..."

But, before the doctor could say anything, Baekhyun's eyes jumped on Chanyeol who was still looking at the ground, then he kicked the chair before storming off and out of the room.

Only then Chanyeol seemed to realize what was happening. He quickly got up too and bowing at the doctor, he quickly ran after his boyfriend.

"Baek!" Chanyeol called him as he wiped his tears while running.

Baekhyun didn't stop until they were outside the hospital. Then he just stood, not caring about the rain that had started to fall in those hours they had been inside, his arms hung on his sides as if they had no more energy in them, his legs felt like jelly. 

Chanyeol reached him and put his arms around him.

And then they cried together, their tears mixing with the rain.

It felt as if the sky was breaking too.

They cried, hearts breaking at all the memories they had of Luhan, at the thought of what would happen.

Baekhyun didn't realize how much time passed but, as the rain stopped, Chanyeol let go of him and looked at his puffed easy.

"It's o...."

"NO," Baekhyun said. He wanted to scream it but he felt drained as if the rain had taken away his soul with it.

"Don't say it's okay," Baekhyun whispered, "It's not okay. It's not okay at all."

 

**********

Luhan tried really hard to not tense as he heard the guy named Chanyeol lean over to him and felt his hands in his pockets.

When a giggle escaped from Luhan, Chanyeol literally jumped a meter away from where he was leaning.

“Wh…what the hell?!”

“Channy, are you alright?”

“Yeah, Baek. Nearly had a heart attack but I’m fine.”

Finally, Luhan decided to drop the act and he slightly opened his eyes, just to find a pair of handsome boys looking at him, terror clear in their eyes.

Luhan wanted to laugh at thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter