Chapter 5

Be Mine Or Die

"S-stop, stop! I'm tired!" Sunmi, she pull Sohee back.

"I can't run anymore. . ." Sunmi.

"You're such a weak runner." Sohee.

"I don't see anyone chasing after us, I think we're safe for now." Sunmi.

"We can't go back inside though, I don't want to encounter with that cocky bastard. Let's just ditch it." Sohee.

"You want to DITCH school?? No, no, no that is bad." Sunmi.

"C'mon it's just for today. You won't die from ditching one day of school." Sohee, she tries to convince Sunmi.

"You're not answering. I'll take it as a yes. Let's go." Sohee, taking the advantage of Sunmi not replying she pull her running.

Just like that they ditched school and went out to eat.

[Back at school]

"What are you thinking about? You have been spacing out by yourself for the past 30 minutes already." Taeyang. 

"Got It!" Jiyong, snapping his fingers he got up from the chair and hurry out to the hallway.

"Where are you going?" Taeyang.

He went outside to the hallway and pick up the jacket that he threw to the side.

"Hahaha. Ahn Sohee don't think you will be able to escape it." Jiyong, he laughs looking at the jacket.

"Why is he holding that dirtied jacket and laughing to himself like a crazy idiot??" Seungri, with foods in his hands he walks over to Taeyang.

"Love sure is scary. It has the power to make people go crazy." Taeyang, shake his head he walks back to class.

"What?" Seungri, he stood there confused looking at Taeyang walking away.

[Saturday]

"I'm leaving." Sohee, she bows to Mr. and Mrs. Kim before leaving the restaurant.

"Thank you for your hard work today." Mrs. Kim, she smiled at Sohee.

[At the bus stop]

She patiently sit on the bench and wait for the bus to arrive.

"Ohh, the bus is here." Sohee, upon the bus's arrival she stood up and walk to the bus.

Just before she was about to enter the bus Jiyong walks up to her and blocked her way.

"Omo! You scared me!" Sohee, she got a scare due to his sudden appearance.

"What are you doing? Get out of my way!" Sohee.

She moved trying to avoid him but he keeps on blocking her way.

"Are you going to board the bus or not?" Bus driver.

"Yes I am!" Sohee, she shouted.

"No she is not." Jiyong, he blocked her way.

"You dirtied my jacket, pay for it!" Jiyong, he holds up the jacket and show her.

"I apologized! Why should I pay for it when you can just wash it!! You came all the way here to find me just to say that?" Sohee.

"So what if I came all the way here just to say that? You should take responsible to my jacket!" Jiyong, he crossed his arms looking at her.

Annoyed, the bus driver drove away.

"Wait!!! Please wait!" Sohee, she runs after the bus.

Unable to catch the bus she stopped running while Jiyong just stand in the back and smirk at it.

Furious, she walks back to him.

"Why did you do that? Is it that fun to mess with me??" Sohee, she looks at him with anger in her eyes.

"You're making a fuss out of nothing. You missed the bus, so what?" Jiyong, he laughs it off.

"Do you know what you just did??" Sohee, almost tear up she shouted at him.

"What? What is so important about missing a bus?" Jiyong, with his arms crossed he looks at her as if nothing happened.

"Today is my parents' dead anniversary!! That was the last bus!!" Sohee, she shouted at him with anger trying to hold in her tears.

Despite her effort in trying to hide the tears it came out, she turns her head away, secretly wipes her tears trying to hide it.

"I-I didn't know. . ." Jiyong, he felt bad after learning that her parents are dead.

"Forget it. It's none of your business." Sohee, she walks away.

"YAH!! This is an important matter! Since I made you miss the bus I will take you to your dad's graveyard with my car!!" Jiyong, he shouts at Sohee.

"No need." Sohee, without looking back she answered it and continue on to walk away.

Jiyong then walk up to her, picks her up and put her in his convertible BMW. He puts on her seat belt, got into the driver seat and drove away.

"Yah! What are you doing?" Sohee.

"As a man I should take responsible for what I did right? Where is the graveyard at?" Jiyong.

"Gyeongju." Sohee, she crosses her arms and look straight forward.

"What?! That's far!!" Jiyong, he shouted.

"You said you would drive." Sohee, she ignores him.

Had no choice he drove her to her father's graveyard in Gyeongju.

[At the graveyard]

While Sohee is greeting her parents in front of the graveyard, Jiyong just stands in the back and watches her.

After she finished greeting her parents, she turned around, siting down on the concrete and sighed. Seeing her sighing he walks over and sit down next to her.

"Are you okay?" Jiyong.

"Yeah. . . both of my parents passed away when I was tenth. Even though I really miss them, I'm used to it now." Sohee.

"I'm sorry to hear." Jiyong.

"Wait! Why are you so nice all of a sudden?" Sohee, cautioned, she moved back a little.

"Am I not human?? You made it look like I'm a devil or something! I even got you all of those fruits, vitamin waters, fuzzy socks---" Jiyong.

"What?! So you were the one behind all of those?!" Sohee.

"You're annoying. You're done greeting your dad right? Let's go back." Jiyong, avoided her question, he got up and walk toward the car.

"Jerk!." Sohee, she quietly speaks to herself as she follows behind. 

They entered the car and drove back. However, half way through the ride the car stopped.

"What happened??" Sohee.

"I don't know." Jiyong, he gets out of the car.

"What the heck happened?!" Jiyong, he got mad looking into the hood of the car.

"The car broke down! How are we going to get home?! Yah!!!" Sohee, mad and worried she shouted.

"Shut up! Don't bother me! I'm trying to fix it." Jiyong, he shouts at her.

After 30 minutes of trying he gave up.

"This is too tiresome. Forget about it." Jiyong, he threw the wrench away in frustration.

"What?! We can't just stay here on the middle of the road!! It's already 7PM!!" Sohee.

"Calm down! I will car my chauffeur to pick us up." Jiyong, he takes out his phone.

"What is this ?! There is no signal!!" Jiyong.

"We're doomed. Are we going to die here??" Sohee.

"To hell will I die at 17th!! Stop whining like a baby. Let's walk, there is a village up front. I saw it when we drove here." Jiyong, he points to the direction.

"What about your car? Are you just going to leave it here?" Sohee.

"I will get someone to pick it up when we get back to Seoul." Jiyong, he walks ahead.

Like that they started to walk.

After quite a long time of walking they reached the village.

"That house, let's try to ask them to let us stay." Sohee, tired, she points to the house.

"This house?" Jiyong.

"Why?" Sohee.

"It looks so small and . . . poor. . ." Jiyong, he whines.

"Sleep on the street then. Spoiled brat!" Sohee, she walks inside.

"What?! Spoiled brat?! Did you just call me that?!!" Jiyong, he shouted at her as he follows behind.

[Inside the house]

"You two. . .??" Lady, she asked looking at Sohee and Jiyong.

"Hello, we're students from Seoul. The car broke down so we couldn't go home. If you don't mind please let us stay here just for tonight." Sohee, she bows.

While Sohee respectively bowed to the lady and her husband Jiyong is standing in the back looking around the house with a weird face.

"What are you doing come over here and greet them." Sohee, she signals him with her hand.

"Hello." Jiyong, he raised one of his hands up and greet them.

"You should bow to them!" Sohee, she mouthed to him.

"Why should I?" Jiyong, he looks at her.

"You guys can stay here. . . But there is only one room left in our house." Lady.

"There is only one room?" Sohee, she looks at the lady.

"Do you two mind sharing a room?" Lady.

"We will take it." Jiyong.

"What?! No way we are sharing a room!" Sohee, she looks back at him with her eyes wide opened.

"Do you want to sleep outside then?" Jiyong.

"You two are a couple running away right?" Lady.

"Pardon? No, no way! We are not!" Sohee.

"This place is far away from Seoul, what would two students be doing here? It's okay. You don't have to lie to us. When we were young we too ran away from home. We moved here and started our own family. We can understand, you guys don't need to hide it." Lady, she laughed.

"But we really are not---" Sohee.

"Yes we are!" Jiyong, he covers Sohee's mouth.

"Sorry that we lied. We were afraid that you guys wouldn't let us stay. Both of our parents objected us, leaving us with no choice but to run away. Since it's late now please let us stay here for tonight. We will leave tomorrow." Jiyong, he lied.

"Of course! Don't worry and just stay here for tonight. Your room is over there." Lady, she points to the room.

"Let's go honey~" Jiyong, still covering he pushes her into the room.

"GDJHSjfhsajkhfjah" Sohee, she tried to speak with being covered.

[Inside the room]

"YAH! What was that all about? How can you tell them that we're a couple??" Sohee, she looks at him.

"Why not? There is only one room, if I didn't say that would we be able to stay here?" Jiyong.

"Still!! You shouldn't have say that! I don't wanna be a couple with you even if it's fake." Sohee.

"Just shut up." Jiyong.

"What kind of room is this?? This room is the size of my bed at home." Jiyong, he looks around the room.

"What a spoiled brat." Sohee.

Heard her he glares at her. 

"What? I was just stating my opinion. . ." Sohee, she looks away, avoiding his eyes.

[After a while]

"What do we do now? There is only one bed." Sohee, she sighs sitting on the bed, covered in the blanket.

"Sleep. What else?" Jiyong, he walks over to the bed.

"YAH! YAH! What are you doing? Don't come over here!!" Sohee, she shouts at him covering herself up with the blanket.

"Going to sleep." Jiyong, he gets on the bed and lay down.

"YAH! Go sleep on the floor!!" Sohee, she kicks him.

"You want me, Kwon Jiyong to sleep on the floor?" Jiyong, he sits up and look at her.

"What. . .?" Sohee, she speaks quietly covering herself up with the blanket.

"I'm not a low person to do such thing okay? Stop acting like you're all that. Making me laugh." Jiyong, he lays back down.

"Acting all that?? Yah you jerk! Don't think of yourself too highly!!" Sohee.

Jiyong just closes his eyes and ignore her.

"This line!! This is the line! Don't you dare to cross this line!!" Sohee, with her hand she drew an invisible line on the bed.

"Whatever." Jiyong, he turns to the other side and go to sleep.

"Want to die?" Sohee, she mouthed it while putting up a fist.

After a little while she finally gave in and slowly lay herself down to sleep.