Chapter 28

Be Mine Or Die

[Sohee's house]

"Ji Hoon, why did you do that? Did you know how worried I was? You can't do that again, get it?" Sohee, she scolds him.

Mad at Sohee, he covers himself up and hide under the blanket, ignoring her words.

"Ji Hoon!! Stop Being So Stubborn! Get out of there and talk to me!" Sohee, she tries to pull the blanket away.

"Don't talk to me!! I don't want to see you!" Ji Hoon, still hiding under the blanket, he shouted.

"What?! Who taught you to talk like that?! Yah, Ahn Ji Hoon!!" Sohee.

Suffering from all of her white lies to him, along with the heart pain from meeting Jiyong and being a single mother, she doesn't know what to do with Ji Hoon acting up either. . . out of frustration she starts to cry.

While listening to Sohee crying, Ji Hoon was also crying silently under the blanket.

"Daddy, I made Mommy cries again. . . Ji Hoon is such a bad son to Mommy. . . but I don't want Mommy to marry Nichkhun hyung. He's my hyung, not my dad. . . Daddy, save me. . ." Ji Hoon, the thoughts run through his head as tears wet the bed.

The mother and son would continue on to cry for some more time. 

Finally, getting out from under the blanket, Ji Hoon walks over and hug Sohee who is crying, sitting on the floor.

"Sorry." Ji Hoon, wrapping his arms around her neck, wiping his tears, he apologized to her.

"Jiyong hyung, I will listen to hyung. I will be a good son and let Mommy be happy. I won't make Mommy cry again." Ji Hoon, he thinks back to Jiyong's advice and try to control his tears.

"Ji Hoon, Mommy sorry. . . Please forgive me. . ." Sohee, she cries out as they hug.

While hugging, Ji Hoon was still tired from the dehydration and crying stressed him out, thus he fell asleep on her shoulder. Gently, she put him down on the bed, kisses his forehead, she left the room.

Entering her room, she sighs heavily as she takes a long look at the white wedding dress.

[Next day, dress and makeup room]

"Sohee-shi, you have a special guest coming to visit." Lady, she knocks on the door.

"Guess who?"

"SUNMI?!! Lee Sunmi!!" Sohee, recognized her voice, she smiled.

"How did you---??" Sohee.

"I've been traveling around Asia and just got back a few days ago. Nichkhun oppa contacted me and told me everything already. Those 5 years must have been tough on you." Sunmi, she pats Sohee's back.

Sohee felt glad that Sunmi can understand her situation and was able to accept it. She looks at Sunmi and smiled.

"Ooh! Where is Ji Hoon? I want to see him. From what I heard from Nichkhun oppa, he's very stubborn just like you and Jiyong. I wonder how he will look like. Probably like Jiyong---" Sunmi, she starts out speaking excitingly til she sees Sohee's facial expressions changes.

"Anyway, where is Ji Hoon?" Sunmi.

"He's probably on his iPad playing game somewhere in the corner." Sohee.

"Alright, I will go look for him in a bit. Congrats!! You're getting marry!!" Sunmi, she claps her hands.

"Nichkhun oppa is really open-minded. He accepts Ji Hoon so easily. But I really thought that til dead you'd still love Jiyo---" Sunmi, she quickly covers up before she mentions Jiyong's name.

"I, I will go look for Ji Hoon now okay. See ya." Sunmi, with that she ran off.

"Ji Hoon!! Ji Hoon-ahh!! Ahn Ji Hoon!!" Sunmi, she walks around looking for Ji Hoon.

"OOh! Saw you!" Sunmi, she spots Ji Hoon sitting on one of the chairs and quickly walk over.

"Lee Sunmi, nice to meet you." Sunmi, give her hand out for a handshake, she smile sweetly at Ji Hoon.

In spite of what Sunmi say, Ji Hoon ignored it all and continue on to space out.

"Yah~~ This kid, no doubt that he is his son. . . exactly alike. . . they look and act alike. . ." Sunmi, she rolls her eyes as she speaks to herself.

"If I die, will I go to heaven? Will I be able to see Daddy?" Ji Hoon, he turns over and asked Sunmi.

"What? Die? Y-you, you want to die? Why?" Sunmi, she was shocked at Ji Hoon's words.

"Did she lie to him about his dad? Poor kid, how miserable must he be in wanting to see his dad. . ." Sunmi, feeling sympathized, she thought to herself as she looks at Ji Hoon's pitiful face.

"No. Someday, maybe sometime very far from now, in the future you will be able to see your dad." Sunmi, touching his head, she gently hugged him.

[Meanwhile]

"Omomo!! My dear, my darling!! Dara you look stunning, honey!!" Mrs. Park, she turns Dara around as she praises her.

"Mom, I will soon be a member of Jiyong's family, therefore I won't be able to see you and dad as much. I will miss you both a lot." Dara.

"Me too---" Mrs. Park.

"Stop crying already. The party is about to begin. Let's go out. It's time." Mr. Park.

"Dad! I'm nervous! How many people are there?" Dara.

"400." Mr. Park.

"400? Why 400?? That's a lot." Dara.

"Jiyong says 4 is his favorite number." Mrs. Park.

"Really? 4?. . . I see. . . okay." Dara, she calms herself down.

The three of them then all leave the room and head outside.

"Park Dara, do you take Kwon Jiyong as your husband? To have and to hold? From this day  forward, for better, for worse? For richer, for poorer? In sickness or in health?" Priest.

"I do." Dara, she smiles at Jiyong as they hold hands in front of many people and the priest.

"Kwon Jiyong, do you take Park Dara as your wife? To have and to hold? From this day  forward, for better, for worse? For richer, for poorer? In sickness or in health?" Priest.

"I. . ." Jiyong, he paused and continue on to stare into Dara's eyes.

The audience becomes extremely silent as they were waiting for Jiyong's reply. Everyone tilted their head, anticipating  for an answer.

"I don't think I will be able to go through all of those things with you. Out of 3.5 billion men, one of them will, but that person Won't. Be. Me." Jiyong, he leans in closer to her and smile at her as he speaks.

He then take the flower bouquet out of her hands and throw it to the audience. 

"KWON JIYONG!! YOU! You!! How Dare You Stood My Daughter Up?!!!" Mr. Park, burning up like fire, he stood up and point his finger at Jiyong, shouting.

"Jiyong!! My son, why would you. . .??" Mrs. Kwon, she looks at him with a shock and questioned face.

"Aaah~~~" Jiyong, stopping his feet, he turns around and walk back to Dara.

"Forgot to tell you, you actually look a lot younger today. Nice job to the makeup artist." Jiyong, he smiled.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Kwon Jiyong!! You embarrassed me today in front of 400 people, you think you can get away with this?!! KWON JIYONG!!!!" Dara, she shouted like a tiger hungered for meat.

"Kwon Jiyong! Stop Right There!! I Said STOP!!!!" Dara, she screams out.

Despite her screaming, it sounded like music to his ears. He continue on to walk out with a bright smile on his face, leaving the scene ruined.

[At the same time]

"Are you ready?" Nichkhun, opening the door, he asked her with a big smile on his face.

"Yah~~ My wife sure is beautiful. Look at you. Those 400 people, everyone will be so envy of me. Kaa~~" Nichkhun, he turns her around in a circle.

"You invited 400 people? Where do all of these people come from?" Sohee.

"Since your favorite number is 4, I thought I'd invite 400 people. They're our co-workers, my relatives, high school and childhood friends. So, how is it? Are you ready to walk out there and give me your hand?" Nichkhun, he looks at her with love filled in his eyes as he put his hand out.

Nodding her head, she takes his hand and together they walk out.

"Everyone, I would like to represent to you all the new couple to be, Nichkhun Horvejkul and Ahn Sohee." Priest.

Everyone clapped their hands to welcome the new couple. 

"Nichkhun-shi, are you willing to take Ahn Sohee as your wife? To have and to hold? From this day  forward, for better, for worse? For richer, for poorer? In sickness or in health?" Priest.

"Yes, I do." Nichkhun.

"Sohee-shi, are you willing to take Nichkhun Horvejkul as your husband? To have and to hold? From this day  forward, for better, for worse? For richer, for poorer? In sickness or in health?" Priest.

Right before she was about to answer, an image of Jiyong's smile face pops up in her head. Though she is currently looking at Nichkhun, all she could see was Jiyong's face. Her mind went blank and everything turns into a chaos within her head, she spaced out with the question being asked.

"Sohee-shi?? Are you willing to?" Priest, he asked once again.

Snapping out of her thoughts, she looks at Nichkhun.

"I---" Sohee.

"AHN. SOHEE.!!" Jiyong, saying her name out loud, stopping the wedding, he calmly walks in with his hands in pockets, still wearing his wedding suit.

"J-J-J-Jiyong?? W-what is he doing here??" Sunmi, she freaked out at Jiyong's sudden appearance.

"Jiyong hyung??. . ." Ji Hoon.

Nichkhun immediately looks at Sohee, and all he could see was her staring at him with longing in her eyes. At that very moment, he felt as if he was invisible to her, as if she can only see Jiyong, as if the two of them can only see each other and no one else. The look in their eyes were so intense that everything seemed to be stopped around them.

With all eyes on him and all the attention on them, Jiyong walks closer to Sohee and Nichkhun.

"I demand for this marriage to be stopped and that Ahn Sohee is to never marry Nichkhun Horvejkul!" Jiyong, in a serious tone, he demanded.

"Kwon Jiyong, what give you the right to make such demand from us?" Nichkhun.

"Miss Ahn Sohee, I believe that 5 years ago, you have promised me that you will grant me a wish, anyway wish, am I right?" Jiyong, he begins to state his fact.

Seeing the totally defeated look on Sohee's face, he smiled in satisfaction.

"I've said before that whenever I can think of a wish, that you'd grant it for me. I have one now, my wish is that you, Ahn Sohee is to never be married to him, Nichkhun Horvejkul!" Jiyong, he points his finger right at Nichkhun as he glares at him.

"I can't---" Sohee.

"As a lawyer yourself, you should know that if you don't follow what you said, your promise to me. . . that I can sue you for it right?" Jiyong.

"I. . . I. . ." Sohee.

"You are to stop this marriage right now and come with me." Jiyong.

"Kwon Jiyong!! You're crossing the line!! You dare to intrude my wedding with Sohee?!!" Nichkhun, mad, he shouted.

"Ahn Sohee, should I reveal this then?" Jiyong, walking in closer, he was then only a few steps away from her.

"This is the result of the DNA test." Jiyong, looking at Ji Hoon, holding up the envelop, he speaks quietly to her so that only she, herself can hear it. 

"He. . . he knows. . .??!!!" Sohee, thinking to herself, she panicked.

He chuckled, seeing the panic look on her face as he knows he got her.

Waving the envelop up in the air, he walks away.

Sohee then look at Nichkhun with much guilt and regrets, she slowly withdraw her hand away from his and immediately follow Jiyong.

When the two of them, Jiyong and Sohee both left, the whole place became a chaos. Everyone was confused in what was happening, people start to question and gossip.

Being left behind, clenching his fists in anger, Nichkhun glares at the door that Sohee and Jiyong both walked out from. He got so mad that his face turned red and his veins were popping up.

"Why am I not surprised? What can I say. . . from the very beginning, fate brought them together, they are meant for each other." Sunmi.