Chapter 42

Be Mine Or Die

[2 days later]

"Now that she has completely made a recovery, she can be discharge from the hospital. However, please make sure that she doesn't lift anything heavy with her left arm since we performed a surgery on it." Doctor, coming into the room, he gave some last minute advice to the couple.

"Yay! Mommy can now leave the hospital and come home with me and Daddy!" Ji Hoon, jumping up onto the bed, he hugged Sohee while resting his head on her chest.

[At Jiyong and Sohee's house]

"Go upstairs and get some rest. You shouldn't be up so much doing things." Jiyong.

"But the doctor said I'm all recovered---" Sohee, haven't been able to finish talking, the door bell rung stopping their conversation.

"Oooh! Sunmi noona!!! Seungri hyung!!!" Ji Hoon, while his parents are busying talking to each other, he ran over and opened the door in their place.

"Ji Hoon-aah~ Noona misses you, you little cutie pie." Sunmi, stepping inside the house, she gently pinches his soft cheeks and hugged him.

"Yah, Jiyong! A lot of things happened in these past days, you and Sohee probably didn't have much alone time with each other.  So Sunmi and I will take Ji Hoon out to play with us, alright? You're welcome!" Seungri, he explained to Jiyong while Sunmi holds Ji Hoon's hand and take him out with them.

"You're finally useful for once. Have fun playing." Jiyong, he smiled at them while closing the door.

"I'm hungry. What do you want to eat?" Sohee, she asked, rolling up her sleeves while walking into the kitchen.

"Eeeeeey! Stop! Who says you're allow to cook?! The doctor said not to use your left arm too much, did you not listen, you bad girl." Jiyong, heard Sohee, he sprints to the kitchen, stopping in front of her with his arms spread out blocking the way.

"It's just cooking---" Sohee, she tried to go under his arm.

"Ah ah! Nope! I'm cooking today. Don't underestimate my cooking skill. I'm going to be the chief today, so tell me what you want to eat." Jiyong, caught her from trying to enter the kitchen, he wraps his arms around her, placing his chin on her shoulder and asked while giving her a sweet back hug.

"Really? You're going to cook? Hmmm. . . Let's go with something easy. Make me omurice~" Sohee, with his face being inches close next to her, she turned to face him and give him the answer.

"Alright. Now you need to be a good girl, sit here and watch me cook." Jiyong, picking her up, he carried her over to the dining table and places her down on the chair.

Kissed Sohee's forehead, he then walks over to the kitchen and put on a cute pastel yellow apron. Clumsily taking the ingredients out from the refrigerator, he begins his attempt to cook.

"This is worrying me, can the millionaire young master actually cook?" Sohee, she silently observe him.

First thing first, he decided to cracks three eggs into the bowl. But because he's not well experienced with cooking, all of the eggshells were also in the bowl together with the egg whites and yolks.

"This doesn't look right." Jiyong, clueless, scratching his head, then without any hesitation putting his hands into the bowl, he tried to pick out the big visible eggshells, still leaving many tiny shattered eggshells behind.

"Now I should add salt!" Jiyong, talking to himself, he grabbed the salt container and spread it all over the egg whites and yolks as if he was watering the flowers.

"Aah! I should make the inside filling first." Jiyong, finished adding salt, suddenly remember the filling, he forgot to mix the egg and just move on to cutting chicken s.

As the process continues, triangle, square rectangle, big and small, many different size and shape of chicken s were produced. Leaving that aside, he proceed on to cut the onion and mushroom. 

"Sohee-aah, I'm not crying because cooking is hard. . . I'm tearing up because I'm cutting onion. Don't worry about me, just wait, I'm almost done. I'll treat you to the best lunch ever. Wait for me!" Jiyong, paused from cutting the onion, with tear running down his cheeks he turns around and look at Sohee.

"Are you sure you will be okay? Do you need help? Just say it, I'll---" Sohee.

"No, no! I'm fine. Stay there!" Jiyong, with that he went back to cutting the onion and mushrooms.

Finished cutting all the ingredients, clumsily pouring the cooking oil into the pan, he then transferred the chicken s, onions, mushrooms and the cooked rice from the plates into the heated pan.

"No! I forgot to add salt to the chicken s! Oh wait, I can just add it now." Jiyong, calming down from the little panic, he once again showered the ingredients with salt.

Once all of that are cooked, he moves them out of the pan to an empty plate, then adding in more oil into the same pan. Jiyong then starts to suddenly get a panic seeing the oil madly boiling up in the heat as he is still bringing the egg yolks over. Once he poured the unmixed egg yolks onto the pan, the vegetable oil chaotically boils up even crazier then before. Scared from being burn, he quickly back up, and threw the lid over the pan, hoping that the oil won't touch his skin.

"Yah! What's wrong? What's going on?" Sohee.

"Nothing! Don't worry!" Jiyong, heard Sohee, he hurried over to the pan and tried to turn the heat down, yet, unknowingly he turned the heat up even more.

"See! Everything is fine now." Jiyong, he put on a smile looking at Sohee.

"What's that smell?" Jiyong, his smile turned into a frown when the burned smell reaches his nose.

Rushing to turn the heat off, the moment he opened the lid, a huge cloud of smoke filled up the kitchen. Not giving up on his omurice, with the turner he takes the half burned omelet out and places it on a plate available next to him. Wrap the omelet over the filling, with the bottle of ketchup, he drew a smile face on top of it and finally bring it over to Sohee.

"Sohee! I'm finished! Look!" Jiyong, places the dish of omurice down on the table, he excitingly smiled at Sohee, waiting for her respond.

"Mmhmm. . . The omelet is brown. . ." Sohee, can't hide her worried expression that is exposing on her face, she tried to smile.

"Try It!" Jiyong, not getting the hint, he happily handed her the fork with a bright smile.

Even with the worried some looking omurice, Sohee smiled happily and begin to eat it knowing how much efforts he has putted into making it for her.

"It's really good. It is really good." Sohee, swallow down the first bite, looking at his excited face, she smiled and give him a thumb up.

"Really?! It's good?! This is my first time ever cooking! Since you said it's good, I want to try too. Give me the fork!" Jiyong, he snatched the fork straight out of Sohee's hand.

"Yah! Don't Eat It!" Sohee, fear of what's coming up next, she tried to prevent him from eating the omurice but it was too late.

"ACK!!!" Jiyong, three seconds into chewing, he ran over to the trash can and spit it right out.

"What is this?! This is not omurice! It's purely salt and eggshells! This is Horrible! Stop eating it!" Jiyong, wiping the saltiness of his lips, he walks back over and take the omurice plate away.

"Hey! Give it back to me! I want to eat it!" Sohee, she took it out of his hands and continue on to eat it;.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?! How can you eat such horrible cooking like this?!" Jiyong.

"Because you're the one who cooked it for me, it tastes much more delicious than anything else. It's the best meal I have ever eaten. I want to finish eating it." Sohee.

"Are you sure? You might die from eating that. . ." Jiyong, he asked hesitatingly, scratching his head.

With Sohee's one nod, had no choice Jiyong sits himself down on the chair and watches her. He was moved seeing how deliciously she is eating his disastrous omurice that's fifty percents salt and twenty percents eggshells. 

"I'm done! Thank you for the super tasty meal, young master Jiyong!" Sohee, finished the plate clean, she smiled at him.

"What are you talking about? I should thank you for eating that! Give me the plate, I'll wash it." Jiyong, can't believe his eyes, he bring the plate over the sink and washes it.

[Ten minutes later, inside their bedroom]

"What are you doing?" Jiyong, seeing Sohee sitting on the bed, he closed the door and walk over to her.

"Nothing, Sunmi just texted me saying they're eating lunch right now and that we don't have to worry." Sohee, she answered, looking up from her phone.

"Sorry." Jiyong, staring at Sohee, he suddenly apologized.

"Why are you out of a blue saying sorry? What's wrong?" Sohee.

"Sorry for putting you through so many things. Because of me, you've suffered a lot, physically and mentally. You could've have a much better and easier life if you didn't meet such a trouble maker like me. Yet even with all of these, you still faithfully stayed by my side and love me. I'm very thankful for that." Jiyong, sitting face to face with each other, he sincerely tells her his inner thoughts while looking deep into her eyes.

"Easy is no fun, right? I think by going through all of those things together, it just proved how strong our love are. My mom once told me to never underestimate fate. Everyone was born with a purpose of life, at the same time everyone are also born to be someone's else other half. Life is full of obstacles, failure and trials are part of it." Sohee, gently laughing, she pinches his nose.

"Come here. I want to hug you. It makes me feel at peace when I have you in my arms. To me, everyday with you is like heaven. 24/7, you're my heaven, do you know that?" Jiyong, pulled her over to his lap, wrapping his arms around her, closing his eyes he would rest his head on her shoulder.

"Do you think this scar on my left arm will ever go away? You know, the scar from the surgery?" Sohee.

"Don't worry about that. I will never allow any scratch mark to be on my most precious pearl. Our private family doctor will take care of that. It's a new scar, so it won't be hard to get rid of it." Jiyong, he answered with his eyes staying closed, resting stilled on her shoulder.

"Sohee-aaah, I'm really tired from the cooking. Wanna take a nap with me?" Jiyong, yawning, he lays down on the bed.

"Jiyong-aah~" Sohee, laying down on her stomach right next to him, she called him while poking his cheek.

"Tomorrow is Ji Hoon's birthday. He's turning five tomorrow. Do you have any plan?" Sohee, she speaks softly, taking in the consideration that he's napping.

"That's Right! Tomorrow is Ji Hoon's birthday!!!" Jiyong, he immediately opened his eyes.

"Every year, for his birthday I would always throw him a little party with his friends and take take him to places with Nickhun oppa." Sohee.

"Here we go again. Oppa, oppa, oppa!" Jiyong, he got annoyed.

"Yah! Listen to me! Since this is the first time that he's celebrating his birthday with you and me, both of his biological parents. I was thinking that it should be just the three of us, simply here at our house. We'll bake him a cake, his favorite flavor is vanilla." Sohee, moving up, laying on top of him, she grabs his cheeks and direct his attention to her.

"Then don't we need to bake the cake now? We still have to get him a present." Jiyong.

"You're BANNED from the kitchen. I'll do the baking, actually. . . you can be my cute little chief assistant. Kekeke. Wanna help?" Sohee, she suggested, still laying on top of him.

"You Said My Omurice Was Delicious! And You Ate All Of It!!!"Jiyong, offended, while Sohee is still pinching his cheeks, not losing it to her, reaching out his hands, he grabs Sohee's cheeks and pulled her face closer to his.

"You're such a dork. Do you like my face that much? You keep on playing with it. I don't have a prince syndrome, but I know I'm handsome. Done playing? Now it's my turn." Jiyong, flipping her over down onto the bed, finished talking, moving his face closer to her, lips touching lips, he passionately kisses her.

[Later that night]

"Ji Hoon, did you have fun playing out with Sunmi noona and Seungri hyung?" Jiyong.

"I had a lot of fun blocking Seungri hyung. He was jealous of me and Sunmi noona. Kekekeke. He is just like Daddy, always jealous." Ji Hoon.

"Yah, being jealous just mean you care for that person. Watch once you grow up and when you find the right girl for you, you're going to be jealous of everyone that's close to her too." Jiyong, he messes Ji Hoon's hair.

"Ji Hoon-aah, it's already passed nine o'clock. You should go to bed." Sohee.

"Mommy, I don't want to sleep. Can I stay up late tonight? Please?! Mommy?! Daddy?!" Ji Hoon, putting his hands together, he begged for permission to stay up late knowing that his birthday is tomorrow.

"Since tomorrow is Saturday, you can stay up as late as you want. Wanna play video game with Daddy?" Jiyong.

"YES! I will definitely beat you Daddy. I'm a beast when it comes to video game! If you lose, you'll have to buy me more video games! Deal?!" Ji Hoon, flashing his teeth at Jiyong, he asked for a handshake of the deal.

"You silly head, I'll buy you as much video games as you want, whenever you want. But since we're playing game, let's make this a deal. But if you lose, you will have to dress like a girl to school for a day." Jiyong.

"What?! Why?! That's embarrassing!!!" Ji Hoon, he shouted in surprised.

"Deal or no deal?" Jiyong.

"DEAL! I am Kwon Ji Hoon and I am not afraid of anything!" Ji Hoon, he shook Jiyong's hand, and like that the father and son begin their video game battle, leaving Sohee beside to watch.

People says that when you're absorbed into something, you will have no awareness of how much time is passing by. Playing the video game as if they're living inside that world, both of Jiyong and Ji Hoon's eyes are fixed at the huge TV screen with their fingers busy pressing the buttons. On the other hand, Sohee has long passed out asleep on the couch in boredom not understanding anything about video game. And just like that, two hours simply passed. 

It is now eleven o'clock, opening her eyes, Sohee wakes up to find that Jiyong and Ji Hoon are still drowning deep into their video game. Bothered, she walks toward the front, standing in front of the TV screen, blocking the view in attempt to stop them.

"Enough. Ji Hoon, time for bed." Sohee.

"Mommy, Move! What Are You Doing?! The Fight Is Not Over Yet! If I Lose To Daddy I Will Blame You For It!" Ji Hoon.

"YAH! Sohee, Get Out Of The Way! I Can't See What I'm Doing!!!" Jiyong.

"Be Quiet!!! You Guys Have Been Playing For Two Hours Straight And Now You're Yelling At Me?! Yah Ji Hoon, I'm Your Mom! Yah Kwon Jiyong! Do You Want To Die?! Who Do You Think You're Yelling At?!" Sohee, crossing her arms, standing up tall, she scolded at them like the boss of the household.

"Alright, alright. Babe, I'm sorry. But can you please get out of the way. The game is still on." Jiyong, lowering his voice, he calmly asked her.

"Sorry Mommy. But you're a girl so you won't understand this, but this is important! Please Mommy, thirty more minutes!" Ji Hoon.

"Yeah, we will be done in thirty minutes! Babe, if you're tired you can go to sleep first. I'll be there in thirty minutes." Jiyong.

"Oh my goodness. These two, father and son." Sohee, sighing out loud, she walks back to the couch and watch them play.

"Should've given birth to a girl." Sohee, she talks to herself, shoving her head into a pillow.

"Daddy, I'm winning! I'm Winning!!!" Ji Hoon, he shouted out loud.

"It'll soon be your birthday, that's why I'm letting you win, son. No one beat me at video game." Jiyong, he smirked at Ji Hoon while thinking to himself.

"Game Over! I WON!!! New Video Games For Me!!! Oh Yeah! I Won!!!" Ji Hoon, he shouted in celebration, jumping up and down.

"Alright, I'll get you as much video games as you want tomorrow. Now go get ready for bed." Jiyong.

"You promised, you'll have to keep it, okay? I'm going to get ready now." Ji Hoon, like that he ran upstairs.

"We have to get ready too. Go, go!" Jiyong, he gently pushes Sohee over to the kitchen the moment Ji Hoon went upstairs.

[Twenty-five minutes later, Ji Hoon's room]

"Okay, I'm done reading the story. You should go to sleep now. Good night." Sohee, kissing him on his forehead, she turned off the light and went outside.

"It's only ten seconds until midnight. . . Did Mommy forget about my birthday?" Ji Hoon, he talks to himself, looking at the clock, sadden a the thought of his parents forgetting about his birthday.

Right when Ji Hoon decided to just close his eyes and go to sleep, the door suddenly opened.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Ji Hoon. Happy birthday to you~" Jiyong and Sohee, both wearing their pajamas, holding the cake with the candles lit up bright in the dark night, together they walk inside the room, singing and surprised Ji Hoon.

"Mommy. . .? Daddy. . .?" Ji Hoon, touched by the surprise, Ji Hoon was left speechless.

"Ji Hoon-ah, you're officially five years old now. You've grown a lot, mentally and physically. Because Mommy and Daddy are young parents, we're inexperience and are lacking in a lot of areas. Sorry that you had to go through so many things with us. Ji Hoon-ah, thank you for being such an amazing son to Daddy and I. Even though you're still a kid, you have the admirable ability to read people's feelings and sympathize with them, Mommy is truly really thankful for that. To us, you're a gift sent from above. You're not an accident, you're fated to be in this world with us. Ji Hoon-ah, happy birthday~" Sohee, touching Ji Hoon's tiny face, she smiled while speaking to him.

"Kwon Ji Hoon, my son that I'm proud off, happy birthday. Even without me for five years, you're growing into an intelligent, manner, respectful, strong, and handsome little boy. Sorry that I wasn't there for your first, second, third and fourth's birthdays. I was also not there when you took your first step, when you learn how to talk. . . for five years, you had no one to call dad. You came to us as a surprise gift that no one would ever expected. But because of your existence that Mommy and Daddy are able to be together. You are a very special son to Mommy and Daddy, we will be here to watch you grow up and give you all the happiness of a family that you deserve. Happy, happy birthday." Jiyong, he gently smiled at Ji Hoon.

"Ji Hoon, make a wish~" Sohee, she brought the cake closer to him.

"I wish that Mommy and Daddy will hurry up and get marry. The Kwon family will be happy forever~" Ji Hoon, sitting up on his bed, Ji Hoon puts his hands together, closes his eyes and made a wish inside his head.

"Thank you Mommy and Daddy for all of your words, and this surprise!" Ji Hoon, done making his wish, he opened his eyes and blew off all five of the candles before Jiyong turns the light back on.

"Mommy and Daddy are the Best! Let's stay like this forever and ever and ever and ever and ever~" Ji Hoon, pulling Jiyong and Sohee in closer to him, he hugged the both of them.

"Of course we will stay like this forever---" Jiyong, before he could finish his words, Ji Hoon runs his two tiny hands that are soaked with the cake's icing onto both Jiyong and Sohee's faces.

"PUHAHAHAHA!!!" Ji Hoon, holding his stomach, he falls down on the bed and laugh out his carefree laugh.

"Ji Hoon, of course you would do this. . ." Sohee,  closed her eyes, she slowly breathe out as she sighed.

"Babe, the cake you baked is really yummy~" Jiyong, while Sohee is sighing, he the cake's icing off her cheeks.

"Yah!!! Don't Me!!!" Sohee, she shouted in startled with Jiyong's actions.

"Ji Hoon-ah, you should hurry and run downstairs, your birthday present is waiting for you." Jiyong, he nodded his head toward the door, directing Ji Hoon.

The moment Jiyong finished talking Ji Hoon sprint downstairs in one go.

"What did he wish for?" Sohee, wiping her face, she asked in curiosity as her and Jiyong follows Ji Hoon downstairs.

"WAAAAAAAAAAH~~~ This black and yellow bike if sooooo cool!!! Daddy teach me how to ride the bike!!! Teach Me!!! I really like this bike!!!" Ji Hoon, seeing the bike, he shouted in happiness, jumping in excitement.

"I will tomorrow, but it's very late now. Let's go bed, have a sweet dream and let's celebrate your birthday more tomorrow." Jiyong, he Ji Hoon's head.

"Can I sleep with Mommy and Daddy?!" Ji Hoon, closing his eyes shuts, he smiled big flashing his teeth at Jiyong and Sohee.

"Of course you can, but Mommy and I better wash our faces first!" Jiyong, he picked Ji Hoon up and let him rides on his shoulder as the three of them head upstairs.

Lying between Jiyong and Sohee, Ji Hoon was fast asleep with a pleased smile on his face through out the whole night of his birthday.