Chapter 20

Be Mine Or Die

[Next morning]

"It's only 8AM?" Sohee, pouting her lips she takes a look at the watch while walking to school.

"I couldn't sleep last night, not at all. I can still remember each of his words, they keep on repeating in my head." Sohee, thinking to herself she looks up at the autumn sky.

*Beep*

Startled by the honking of the car she jumped a little. Turning around she sees the face of Park Dara.

"Let's have a talk." Dara, taking off her sunglasses she gets out of the car.

[At a park]

"I'll talk first." Dara.

"As kind as I can possibly can be right now, please leave Jiyong alone. He's my fiance, we're getting marry soon. An outsider like you shouldn't be nosy and get yourself involve in other's affairs." Dara, crossing her arms, she speaks.

"I don't consider myself as an outsider. I'm his girlfriend. Until he suggests for us to break up I will not consider him as your fiance." Sohee.

"Delusional!" Dara.

"Listen up kid. Do you really think you can be his partner? A low-life commoner without a bank account of millions like you. . ." Dara, her eyes travel up and down at Sohee with a despised stare.

"If you really do love him then you should leave him. That's better then sticking to him like a leech. A millionaire like himself, he deserves a woman who can match that. What can you offer him? Your body? Your 'LOVE'?? Don't kid yourself. Do you really think that love runs the world? Money. Everything in this world is run by money. Only a mature and wealthy woman like me can offer him what he needs to succeeds in life. What can a 17th years old kid like you do? This is high school and relationship from high school never last long. As an experienced adult I'm trying to give you a good advice here. Take it as I'm trying to help you." Dara.

"True. What you say is completely true. Money does run the world. But money can never run your heart. What money can buy can all easily be return back, however, love is something that is given out without any influence of money. It doesn't require anything in return. Love doesn't need money for it to happen. Love happens on it own, when two people are happy together, that's love. It's true that I'm still a high schooler and I can't do anything for him, but like this him and I will learn all about it as we grow up together." Sohee.

"Though he always looks confident and happy, inside he is very insecure and lonely. He wants someone who he can understand and share those feelings with. He wants someone who he can grows old with. Someone that love him for who he is instead of his wealth and status. Growing up watching the loveless marriage between his parents he doesn't want to walk the same road his father did. Have you ever try to understand these feelings of his?" Sohee.

"So you're not going to give up?" Dara.

"No. Something as innocent as love shouldn't be dirtied by the evil intentions." Sohee, with that she walks off, going back to school.

[During lunch]

"Jiyong, someone is looking for you?" Taeyang.

"Who is it?" Jiyong, busy playing game on his phone, he asked.

"Park Dara." Taeyang.

As soon as he hears her name, with an annoyed face he stopped playing the game and get up from the chair.

"Let her in." Jiyong.

There enter Dara.

"What is it?" Jiyong.

"We need to have a talk." Dara.

"Aren't we talking right now?" Jiyong.

"Okay then, I will get right to the point." Dara.

"Are you planning to really go against this marriage? I mean our parents has already arranged everything, from the date, restaurant to guests, Everything already! You can't just go against them. They're the adults, we must listen to what they say." Dara.

"Just because they're adult doesn't mean they're always right." Jiyong.

"Why?! Why is not me?! What's wrong with me? What is so good about her?" Dara, she starts to get angry.

"There is nothing wrong with you. It's just that with you I can't see what I can see in her." Jiyong.

"Her smile, her smile that is so pure and innocent. Her real personality and all of that, it attracts me." Jiyong, he smiled a little talking about Sohee.

"My smile is pure and innocent too!!" Dara.

"It's different. Her smile can warm up my cold and lonely heart, only her smile can make me feel that way. Only hers." Jiyong.

"So You Are Not Going To Agree To Marry Me?!" Dara.

"That's right. There are billions of guys out there for you, I'm just happen to not be the one." Jiyong.

"Kwon Jiyong, Ahn Sohee just you two wait." Dara, in silent she thinks to herself while clenching her fists in much anger.

Looking at Jiyong's unchanged expression she decided to just leave and keep her pride.

After school, as usual Jiyong would take Sohee to the restaurant for her part-time job. With the same routine they kisses each other good bye.

[Moonight restaurant]

"What's wrong? You seem to be a little down today." Yubin, worried, she asked.

"Nothing. Just. . . no nothing. It's fine." Sohee, give off a smile she gets back to work.

[8PM]

"I will be leaving. Thank you everyone. Have a good night." Sohee, bowing her head, she heads toward the door.

Like always she would wait in front of the door for Jiyong to come.

"Oh? Is that his new car? Don't he usually drive a BMW? Weird?" Sohee, talking to herself she walks to the car.

"Did you change your car---??" Sohee.

"DHSJFNFSGD!!" Sohee.

Suddenly 2 men dresses all in black, wearing masks run out from the car, they covered to prevent her from screaming. With their strength one of the men hold her hands together while the other one tie it up.

With her little to no strength and her tiny weak body she struggles to release herself from them. But 2 against 1, especially when the 2 are men, it was impossible for her to escape. Crying to herself, trying her best to escaping, calling out Jiyong's name for help. . . everything was useless, she was forced into the black van and was taken away by them.

[At an abandoned warehouse]

Getting out of the car they take her into an old abandoned warehouse.

Not knowing what exactly is going on or the reason why she is being kidnapped, trembling in fear she keeps on wishing to herself that this is all just a nightmare, a bad, bad nightmare. Yet every time she opens her eyes the two masked men were still there, holding onto her. 

Taking her deeper inside the warehouse they pushed her out causing her to fall down on the floor. With being covered up, her hands being tied behind her back, slowly she looks up to the horrific reality. 

There it was from the dark shadows Dara slowly walking out, looking down to Sohee on the floor.

"Ahn Sohee, Ahn Sohee." Dara, crossing her arms, she smirked at Sohee.

"Park Dara?! Why is she here? Is this her doing? What does she want?!" Sohee, looking up at Dara, unable to speak all she could do was thinking to herself.

"Look at what we have here. Don't look at me with those puppy eyes of yours. This only work on Jiyong, only a fool like him will sympathize with your watering eyes." Dara, bending down, she gets closer to Sohee.

"I warned you didn't I? I gave you the last chance to back off this morning yet you took it lightly and think nothing of it. Therefore you have no right to complain now." Dara.

"Your smile. . . pure and innocent??. . ." Dara, she chuckles as she slowly runs her fingers through Sohee's hairs.

"Let's see how he will still be able to love you after all of your innocent are taken away." Dara, fiercely, she lets go of Sohee's hair and stand back up.

"What is she talking about? What taking my innocent away?" Sohee, with a confused look in her eyes, she can only stay there and watches Dara laughing to herself.

[At the same time]

"Where is she? This woman, why is she still not here?" Jiyong, he keeps on checking his watch in impatient.

Can't wait any longer he decided to go inside the restaurant and ask her bosses.

"Excuse me. . ." Jiyong, he hesitatingly asked.

"Oh hey there Jiyong. How are you?" Mrs. Kim, she happily greeted him.

"I'm good thanks. May I ask where Sohee is? Is she still working?" Jiyong.

"No. She left 10 minutes ago. She was waiting for you outside." Mrs. Kim.

"I don't see her anywhere. . .??" Jiyong.

"Oh may be she is talking to her friend, her long distance friend. Don't worry. Them girls need time to catch up too you know?." Mrs. Kim.

"Long distance friend?" Jiyong, his face questioned as he looks at Mrs. Kim.

"Yeah. Earlier today, hmm. . . around lunch time there was this girl, a very beautiful and wealthy looking girl, she came here to look for Sohee. She said that she came from America, she wanted to meet up with Sohee, she asked me what time Sohee would be done working and all." Mrs. Kim.

"Eeh. . . but she doesn't look 17th. . . does Sohee have an older friend from America or something---?" Mrs. Kim.

"What is her name? Did she tell you her name?" Jiyong, in a panic, sensing that something is wrong he begged Mrs. Kim for an answer.

"Hmmm. . . D. . . Park Dara?" Mrs. Kim, scratching her head she tried to remember the name.

"Dam IT!" Jiyong, immediately after hearing Dara's name he ran out of the door.

Rush into his car, he starts to engine and dial his assistant, Mr. Ha's number.

"Track down Sohee's cell phone. Find out where she is Right Now!" Jiyong, shouting through the phone. he ordered.

Hanging up the phone he immediately receives the tracking information of the location that Sohee is currently at.

Take a look at the map on the GPS he speeds up the car and drives off like a madman.

[In mean time, back at the warehouse]

"Boys, do your work." Dara.

"Yes Miss." The two men, with the masks on their faces, they bow their heads to Dara.

The two men then walk toward Sohee who is sitting on the ground, they untie the ropes on her hands and take off covers.

"Are you helping me? Thank you---" Sohee.

"Don't thank us little girl." 

Pushing her down on the floor they tried to take off her clothes.

"What are you doing?!! Let Go of Me!!!" Sohee, realizing what they're trying to do she called out for help, struggling to stop them.

"Park Dara, what are you doing? This is against the law!" Sohee.

"Don't blame me for it. You gave me no choice. This is all your fault." Dara, with the camera in her hands, smiling, she replied back.

"Please! Don't do this!! I beg of you! Please stop!" Sohee, in fear she starts to cry while the men are still trying to take her clothes off.

Despite Sohee's crying and begging, with the camera Dara coldly snaps the pictures.

A struggle against two strong men, with all of the little strength that she has left she continue on to resist them. But no matter how much she struggles against them, it was no use. 

When they finally ripped her shirt opened all she could think about was Jiyong. Thinking about him, knowing what's going to happen next, she could only cries. Tears form at the corner of her eyes and slowly starts to fall down her cheeks.

"Jiyong, I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Sohee, she cries to herself.

At that very moment when she thought that worst scenario, the unthinkable nightmare was about to happen there was a loud bang on the door.

The two men stopped what they were doing and looked at the direction of the loud banging sound. 

"What, what is going on?" Dara, still holding onto the camera, she panicked.

With a few more extremely loud and strong kicking on the door it falls down onto the dusty ground.

Without saying a word Jiyong come in running.

"Jiyong? What are you doing here---??" Dara, shocked, very shocked she froze at his surprise appearance.

Half way he started walking like a madman, not even bother to answer Dara's question. With his killer attitude he came over to where Sohee was forcefully pressed laying down on the ground with her shirt all ripped up, he grabs one of the guys's collar and pulled him up, letting out of all of his anger he punched the guy in the face then throw him aside. the blood on his fist he stares at the other guy who is still holding onto Sohee, like lightning he kicked that guy in the head, his kick was so strong and powerful that it knocked that guy out, he fainted instantly upon receiving the kick. The guy that was punched in the face quickly craws over to get his partner and run off. 

Dara starts to tremble, the camera in her hand was shaking, her lips moved a little as she tried to speaks and explain her reason. She takes a few steps backward as Jiyong madly walks toward her. While walking he stares at her like a provoked wolf that is about to eat its prayer. Quickly with his hands he snaps the camera out of her hand. With full force he threw it on the ground causing it to break into pieces, he would then steps all over those broken pieces.  After doing so he glares back at Dara.

"Be thankful that you're a girl." Jiyong, his cold and scary words drove her into fear.

Looking at the broken pieces of the camera, she was scared, so scared that her legs got weaker, she grows smaller and at last she too run off, out of the warehouse.

One by one he revenged each and all of them. When they all finally run off he immediately take off his jacket and put it over Sohee to cover her up.

Her body is still shaking in fear, she didn't say a word, there were no movement from her. She just sit there and space out in disbelief to what just happened, it was as if her soul has left her. 

Watching her like that he wasn't able to say anything, all he could do was to just be there by her side, comfort her and let her know that he is here and will always be to protect her.

As they both stay there in silent her tears slowly starts to fall again. It killed him to see tears dripping all over her emotionless face. Don't know what to do he felt like going crazy, but even though, he still had to hold it in as it will only make it worse for her.

"S. . . sorry. . . I'm sorry. . ." Sohee, without looking up to him she starts to speak out in her weak and trembling voice.

Jiyong couldn't hold in his tears any longer as soon as he heard those words coming out of , he immediately hugs her and tried to control himself, tried not to cry.

"Pabo! Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong." Jiyong, he hugs her while holding in his tears, staying strong for her.

"Sorry-ne. I'm Sorry that I couldn't protect myself and let this happen. . . sorry-ne, I wasn't about to fight back with my weak strength. . ." Sohee, though her shirt were ripped open she wasn't trembling due to the coldness but rather due to the fear, she tried not to show it through her voice, she tried to sound as if she is fine, as if nothing happened.

"You fool! Don't say those things! Don't say it!" Jiyong, he felt pained listening to her words as she tries to be strong, mad at himself for allowing her to experience such a terrible situation.

"It's my fault! If I came to pick you up earlier then this wouldn't have happened. Please don't blame yourself. Please stop. It will pain me a thousand times more to see you trying to be strong like this. Cry. Cry it all out. This way I can share the pain with you." Jiyong, he hugs her even more tighter as he speaks.

"Thank you. Thank you Jiyong-ah. If it wasn't for you I'd---" Sohee.

"Stop! I don't wanna hear it. I don't want to hear it." Jiyong.

"Everything is fine now. I'm here. I'm right here. I will always be here. Don't cry, don't be scare. Even if I have to die I will never let any of those dirty hands touch you. Everything is fine. Just stay in my arms like this and I will protect you." Jiyong.

Letting go of the hug he takes a look at her frightened face that is soaked with tears. He gently wipes the tears away and smiled at her.

"Smile. Smile for me. I was able to protect your pure and innocent smile. Just smile for me like this. Your smile is the source of my energy. Don't lose this smile, get it?" Jiyong, though tears are running, he smiled for her, he keeps on smiling for her while holding onto her face.

Each of his words were so warm and sincere that she was able to feel less scared and protected. Nodded at his request, she weakly smiled.

Seeing her smile he then picks her up and carry her out of the abandoned warehouse.

Opened the door to the passenger seat he places her down and fasten the seat belt for her. Get into his driver seat, he looks over at her once again and take her hand, intertwine them with his.

Through out the whole ride he would hold her hand.